IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - issue 13-2008 from Saidarbar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Sixth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 13/ 2008 19-06-2008 --------------------------- One World One Family. Vasudhaika Kutumbam Om! Asatoma Sargamaya, Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya, Mrityorma Amritamgamaya,

Om Shantihi, Shantihi, Shantihi! (Aum! Lead from wrong path to the right path, from ignorance to knowledge, from mortality to immortality! Peace be to All) ----------------------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUHU; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp ----------------------------- THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA

6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar - Hyderabad. Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of

Saibanisaji Once there was a king who loved his people and his country and ruled them with wisdom and kindness and because of his it his country was prosperous and peaceful. He was always seeking for greater wisdom and enlightenment; he even offered rewards to anyone who could lead him to worthy teachings. His devotion and wisdom finally came to the attention of the Gods, but they determined to test him. A God in disguise as a demon appeared before the gates of the king’s palace and asked to be brought before the king and he had a holy teaching for him. The king who was pleased to hear the message courteously received him and asked for instruction. The demon took on dreadful form and demanded food, saying that he could not teach until he had the food he liked. Choice food was offered the demon, but he insisted that he must have warm human flesh and blood. The crown-prince gave his body and the queen also gave her body, but still the

demon was unsatisfied and so demanded the body of the king. The king expressed his willingness to give his body, but asked that he might first hear the teaching before he would offer his body. The God utter the following teaching: “Misery and fear rises from lust. Those who remove lust have no misery or fear.†Suddenly the god resumed his true form and the prince and the queen also reappeared in their original bodies. To be continued ------- ----------------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: June 1991: All India SaiSamaj celebrated its Golden Jubilee at Mylapore, Madras. Ashada -1908 (Gurupoornima): Prompted by BABA, Dadha Kelkar and others started the "GURU WORSHIP" in Shirdi. -------------------------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. DECEMBER-1995 09-12-1995 I bowed down before Sai and Said- Allow me to spend the rest of my life in your service. Sai presented me with a visual— Water was being drawn from a bore well located in my house. People were collecting in their containers. One day, there was a fire from the electrical motor and the motor stopped working abruptly. Water flow has also stopped. I will continue in my service to Sainath till the end. 18-12-1995 I spent the whole day in Sai smaran (Reciting Sai’s

name) and prayed Baba that I should continue to do it forever. Sai presented with a visual- When I was going through tough periods, a fakir appeared in front of my house. He was uttering my name. I was rather surprised and bowed down at his feet. I gave him two Rupee coins. He blessed me and left the place. Chanting of the God’s name or his messengers will bring solace to the soul. 27-12-1995 I bowed before Sai and asked HIM to explain the attachment between God and his devotee. Sri Sai presented with a visual- A newborn child does not recognize the mother. But the moment the mother extends her breast, the child recognizes the heartbeat of the mother

and identifies it to be the same one experienced by it, when it was inside the mother’s womb for nine months. It sleeps peacefully with all the trust placed in the mother, embraced and fully protected. In the same way God understand the heartbeats of a true devotee and live in their hearts forever. Thus I concluded that God has a tendency to behave like a child and devotee should assume the role of mother so that god remains confined to the devotee. God and his devotee are inseparable as they are the two sides of the same coin. To be continued------- ----------------------------- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 31. Nama Japa Baba says: Sandal paste cools only your body but My Nama-chandana cools and subsidises the heat of your mind. Taste for the

Divine Nama grows as a result of Supreme religious merit in previous births as well as in this birth out of Divine Grace. So lead a pure life and cleanse your hearts and minds of every impurity. Eschew lust, anger and greed as they are the three gateways leading to hell. If any of you utters My Name with love, I shall fulfill all the wishes from the pangs of death. The simple remembrance of name as Sai- Sai will do away with all sins of speech and hearing. Without knowing the inner meaning of My Nama, if one chants, there will be no result to it. Baba also clarifies the inner meaning of His Nama ‘Jaya Jaya Guru Sai’ means: In ‘JA’ : there lies ‘Chandra Beeja’ – by which one gets relief from the pangs of death; In ‘YA’ : there is ‘Vayu Beeja’ – fear of demons and fever will disappear; In ‘SA’ : there is ‘Sarada Beeja’ – by which one gets Vakku Suddhi; In ‘GU’ : ‘Rudra Beeja’ – relives

Ajnana; In ‘RU’ : ‘Agni Beeja’ – light will be given to Jiva i.e., light will be lit in Sadhaka; In ‘SAYE’ : ‘SA’ means for all reasons and ‘YE’ means all pervading and Omniscient. With this meaning, if one, with full faith, merges his mind in Me, chants constantly, one will be relieved of his ill-health and will get enormous strength beyond the body consciousness. Whoever chants Baba’s Name, should ensure that her/his heart is pure at all times and also maintain the harmony of thought, word and deed. We must chant Baba’s name at least a few times everyday with pure heart and the atmosphere around us will reverberate with holy vibrations. If we chant Baba’s Nama, our minds will be sharpened and also fulfills all our desires and various kinds of powers will emerge. But we must dedicate all our actions to Baba without concern for the results and without false sense of ego and

ownership. We must clean our heart thrice a day at dawn, noon and dusk by chanting Baba’s Nama. Baba’s Nama is synonymous with Divinity. If we chant Baba’s Nama while taking bath, our bath gets sanctified. Similarly if we chant before taking food, our food becomes an offering to Sai Baba. Purity is natural to the human body, but it becomes dirty due to improper use. Therefore we should get it cleanses by changing Baba’s Name. Then only we will shine as the effulgent Sun of Wisdom, and we will have a sense of feeling that we have achieved something and develop sacred qualities. To be

continued…... ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA. To those steadfast in love and devotion I give spiritual wisdom, so that they may come to me. Out of compassion I destroy the darkness of their ignorance. From within them I light the lamp of wisdom and dispel all darkness from their lives. Bhagavad Gita 10:10-11 Light illumines the Sun, But the Sun itself creates that light. The glorious Sun and its light are one and the same. -Sant Jnaneshwar ---------------------------- NEWS Hindu Students Council of

America Holds Annual Camp Source: http://mail1.hscnet.org/beta/?q=node/2 WILLIAMSTOWN, NJ, USA, May 16, 2008: The Hindu Students Council’s Annual Camp brings together students from HSC’s 81 chapters all over America. Young professionals and high school also join this gathering of people proud of their rich culture and heritage, who want to educate themselves on Sanatana Dharma and at the same time have fun. The event of the year is happening this Memorial Day weekend (May 23rd to May 26th) at Tall Pines Camp in Williamstown, New Jersey. We gather to create the future identity of the Hindu youth. The Annual Camp has had a history of creating life-long friendships. As many camp attendees may come to camps alone or with a couple of friends, they all leave with a family - the Hindu Students Council family. ------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: suman_soni Wed, May 14, 2008 5:06 am JAI SAI RAM. I strongly believe in my Baba. Whether miracles happens or not, I love baba as my father? My father is very strict through out my life. He is good but I never felt comfortable with him. This is Baba who

gives me comfort as I was expecting out of my father. I m not blaming my father, but there was a hidden desire in me that when I see other girls or ladies having great feelings and love about their father's, I comparatively was having less. Although I respect a lot and want to do all the best what I can do for my father. Any way it is Baba who gives me happiness as my desired father. I share everything with Baba. Whatever wrong and right deeds I did in past, almost everything and Baba always put me out of all problems. Wherever I am strucked up in any problem, I start uttering baba's name, and Baba gives me all the strength to fight and overcome that problem and take up everything on to Him to make me feel happy and peaceful. Recently, I have been to Shirdi, I have approached Samadhi Mandir, and I found it is very tough for any unkown person to even stands for minute to see Baba's Murthi, there pandit's and police forces will not allow you to

stand more than a minute and we want to see Baba for long. Although we all know Baba is everywhere, still I was feeling that I should get flowers from Baba's Samadhi Mandir, which was not possible even when I asked them from pandas sitting near Baba's samadhi. I was disappointed a bit, but again convinced myself that it is enough that Baba has given me chance to glance at Baba's murthi from distance. Next very day, when I have again approached Samadhi Mandir for darshan, I bow my head in front of Baba's Samadhi and the pandit who was sitting there, has given me roses and coconut after touching the same on to Samadhi of Baba. This is miracle for me that the thing for which I wished, I got it even when I have not asked for it. Therefore, Baba is great and gives whatever is being asked and good for all. I do not know how long I will live but prays to Baba that please be there with me through out my life and guide me so that I never do any

wrong things in my life. I should always perform such deeds so that Baba is happy and when I will leave this body, Baba should take me away and then tell me that My child you are the one who followed My path. Such blessings I pray for all that all nuisance, corruption and other ill things should end and everybody should become true and wise to each other so that there is transformation in our society and so we make our surroundings pure and wise. Jai Baba ki. Jai Sai ram. SUMAN ARORA --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you

know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. The story of the blue Jackal Once upon a time there lived a jackal that strayed into a city in search of food. He was hungry and was being chased by a group of dogs. He accidentally entered the house of a dyer and fell into a vat of indigo (blue), and was stained blue from head to toe. When he escaped from the house back into the forest, all animals were surprised at his appearance and could not place its identity. Taking advantage of the situation, the jackal decided to play the situation

to his advantage. He proclaimed that he was Fierce Owl, sent by the king of Gods, Indra, to earth to guard the forest. The gullible animals believed the jackal. The jackal then appointed the Lion as his Prime minister, tiger as his guardian of the bed chamber and the elephant was made the door keeper. He then drove all the jackals out of sight from the forest for fear of being recognized. The animals would hunt food and bring it to the self proclaimed king and the king would distribute the food to all equally just as a king would do. So he was leading a life of luxury. One day a herd of jackals were passing by howling to their glory. Unable to control his natural instinct, Fierce Owl showed his natural voice and howled at the top of his voice. Hearing this howl, the animals realized that they had been fooled by a jackal and killed the jackal instantly. MORAL: Excess of Greed is harmful.

------------ 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:33 AM Shri Sai Satcharitra Chapter XXVIII Sparrows Drawn To Shirdi Sai Ram. We have enjoyed the spiritual nectar by reading about one sparrow drawn to Shirdi. Let us now continue with the other sparrows drawn to Shirdi. Megha Ganges-Bath On one Makar-Sankranti day, Megha wanted to besmear the body of Baba with sandal-paste and bathe Him with Ganges

water. Baba was first unwilling to undergo this operation, but at his repeated requests, He consented. Megha had to traverse a distance of eight koss (nearly sixteen miles) (going and returning) to bring the sacred water from the Gomati river. He brought the water, made all preparations for the bath at noon and asked Baba to get ready for the same. Then Baba again asked him to be freed from his bath saying that, as a Fakir He had nothing to do (or gain) with Ganges water; but Megha did not listen. He knew that Shiva is pleased with a bath of Ganges

water and that he must give his Shiva (Baba) that bath on that auspicious day. Baba then consented, came down and sat on a pat (wooden board) and protruding his head said - "Oh Megha, do at least this favour; head is the most important organ of the body, so pour the water over that only-it is equivalent to the full or whole bath.Alright" said Megha and lifting the water pot up, began to pour it on the head but in doing this he was so much overwhelmed with love that he cried out 'Har Gange' and emptied the pot on the whole body. He kept the pot aside and began to look at Baba, but to his surprise and amazement he found that Baba's head was only drenched but the body quite dry. SSG: Sai Ram. Yad bhavam tad bhavathi is the saying. Results follow one's intentions and thoughts (beliefs). Baba was teasing His devotee that He is a Fakir and hence did not believe in the bath etc. But Megha was very clear that Baba was none other than Siva. And so Baba indeed

showed that He is Siva and showed that Ganga does listen to Him! Sai Ram. S.V.Swamy Author, Editor and Book Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews To be continued... ------------- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: "Sai ka laadla" saikalaadla Baba's Control over the Elements Once, at evening time, there was a terrible storm at Shirdi. The sky was overcast with thick black clouds. The winds began to blow forcibly, the clouds roared and the lightning began to flash and the rain began to descend in torrents. In a short time the whole place was flooded with water. All the creatures, birds, beast and men got

terribly frightened and they all flocked to Dwarakamayi for shelter. There are many local Deities in Shirdi, but none of them came to their help. So, they all prayed to Sri Sai Baba-their God, Who was fond of their devotion, to intercede and quell the storm. Sri Sai Baba was much moved. He came out and standing at the edge of the Dwarakamayi addressed the storm in a loud and thunderous voice: "Stop, stop your fury and be calm!" In a few minute the rain subsided, the wind ceased to blow and the storm came to stop. Then the moon rose in the sky and the people then went back home well pleased. On another occasion at noon the fire in the Dhuni began to burn brightly, its flame was seen to be reaching the rafters above. The people who were sitting in the Dwarakamayi did not know what to do. They dare not ask

Sri Sai Baba to pour water or do anything to quench the flame. But Sri Sai Baba soon came to realize what was happening. He took up His Satka [short stick] and dashed it against a pillar in front, saying: "Get down, Be calm!" At each stroke of the Satka the flame began to lower and slow down and in a few minutes Dhuni became calm and normal. This is our Sri Sai, an Incarnation of God. He will bless any man who will prostrate and surrender himself to Him. He who will read the stories daily with faith and devotion will soon be free from all calamities, not only this, but always attached and devoted to Sri Sai, he will get very soon God-Vision, all his desires will be fulfilled and being ultimately desire-less, he will attain the Supreme. ------ SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD Saidarbar – Hyderabad is happy to inform that we are

releasing TEN Spiritual Discourses rendered by Saibanisa GopalaRao Ravadaji in TELUGU Language on Lord Sainath in Two MP3 CDs (Total play time 9 hours and 26 minutes) - On Gurupurnimaday (18-7-2008). Sri Saisatcharita contains essence of Ramayan, Bhagavatam, Shivamahapuranam, Gurucharitra,Gurugita and Bhagavadgita and the following Discourses are proof for the same 1)Sivaswaroopamlo Sai 2) RamayanamloSai 3) BhagavathamloSai 4) Saidattavatharamu 5) Gruhastuluaku Sai salahalu 6) Janma Janmalalo Sai 7) Sai Sandeshalu 8) Sai Tatwam 9)Nighuda arthalu 10) Kalalo Sai Sai

Ganaharivillu-Bhakti Gitalu Those who know Telugu Language and interested in obtaining the above C.Ds in MP3 Format (Two - CDs) may kindly contact: saidarbar In the Service of Lord Sainath and His devotees, Sai Sevak SrinivasaRao Kasturi For http://www.saidarbar.org -------------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: pkhasnabis Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:14

AM. SaiRam, I am neck deep in debts due my old and ailing mother’s treatment and daughter's marriage. Pray to BABA for my immediate recovery from this state of insults and horrible humiliation from debtors. Purnendu Khasnabis -------- ramarao.pudi Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:55 AM JaiSaiRam, Wonderful E-magazine, Keep it up. Rama Rao Pudi ---------- 717vijaykhanna Sat, May 24, 2008 at 10:43 PM. SaiRam, Very good please contact me Vijay khanna ---------------- singhved Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 4:59 AM JaiSairam, Please send the amrutivani and Saileela book to our email id. Thanks & regards, Ved ------------- You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShirdiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www..shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: Title: Sai Grace and Recent Predictions Author: Prof. P. S. Verma Diamond Pocket Books,X-30 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase –II,New Delhi-110 020 ------------- Title: The Foot Prints of Shirdi Sai Author: Chakor Ajgaonkar Sai Age Publications,14 Giri Sameep Shri Nagar, Thane Maharashtra --------------------- Title: My Life with Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Avatar Author: Shivamma Thayee Diamond Pocket Books, Sai Divine

Research Centre 126 Sector 37,Faridabad – 121 003 -------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. --------------------- 13. EDITORIAL: Things impressed me from this magazine: God understand the heartbeats of a true devotee and

live in their hearts forever. We must chant Baba’s name at least a few times everyday with pure heart and the atmosphere around us will reverberate with holy vibrations The glorious Sun and its light are one and the same. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can

for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting E-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Information contained in this E-MAIL is about Sri Shirdi Sai Literature and Sanatana Dharma. If you don’t want to receive these E-MAILS in future, please reply with the Subject Line "REMOVE FROM MAILING LIST". Submitted

by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidabar-Hyderabad-India

Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food. Get all this and more on Best of .