IndiaDivine.org

Sai Vichaar for Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sai Vichaar

www.saibaba.org

Thursday , August 21, 2008 :: Volume 11, Issue 15

(In its eleventh year of publication.)

Sai Vichaar is a Weekly newsletter distributed every Thursday and is devoted to the life, philosophy and teachings of Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your interested associates in its original form.

IN THIS ISSUE:

FEATURE OF THE WEEK

CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE

DEVOTEES SAY

PRAYER CLUB

EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES

QUOTATION OF THE WEEK

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

SAI ACTIVITIES

FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD

FEATURE OF THE WEEK: Whose Love is stronger?

Oh Sai, I have not performed any penance or other austerities Yet, the most merciful Sai, You have taken me into your fold!

Is our love of Baba stronger than Baba's love and compassion towards us? Can we love Baba beyond the realms of desires and fear? Is it possible to imagine how "that" love would be where there are no expectations from Baba? Can we love Baba and just love Him forever and ever, willing to surrender our everything? Is our faith in totality even at times of distress? Do we remember Baba while laughing and crying? In Pain and Pleasures? In tears of happiness and sorrow? Baba loves us and He does without expecting any gains from us. Baba needs nothing, nor He is in want of anything. What could the "Viswagarbha", the one who has entire universe in His fold need? He just asked for those two paise from those that were willing to give him, a virtue of the ancient link between Saibaba and those who are drawn to him. For anyone that had different ways, He said, "Allah Achcha Karega" (God will do good). One sign of humility is the cognizance that it is Baba's love and compassion that brought Him close to us and not our efforts to be or our choice to serve Him and be devoted to Him. A sadbhaktha's prerogative is to question his/her worthiness to receive Sadguru's blessings. It is with this feeling one should ask how he/she could use the body, mind, and wealth be spent in the service of Saibaba. Love of Sadguru is manifold stronger than the affection that one would sheepishly exhibit towards Sadguru as mere gratitude to the fulfillment of a desire. Trying to know the difference is the beginning of the understanding of universal love.

CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE: Interpretation of Sadguru

"Guru Ko Manush Janate, Te Nar Kahiye AandhHoy Dukhi Sansar Mein, Aage Jam Ka Fand." Never consider the Sadguru as an ordinary human being. Those who can see only his body are really blind. They cannot understand his compassion. The Sadguru brings salvation to those who surrender. It doesn't mean that he is selfish and wants to liberate only his disciples but the irony is that he showers on all but only disciples can receive his prasad whose vessel is open and straight "Guru Lobhi, Shishya Lalchi, Dono Khele Dav,Dono Bude Bapure, Chadi Patther ki Nav." When the Guru and disciple are fake, greedy and selfish there is always exploitation of each other. It become almost like a market, wherein two beggars are meeting and asking each other to offer something. In other terms, this is like one blind guiding another blind. Result? Both will fall in a valley and suffer. A fake Guru is lost in darkness and Illusion and he offers the same to his followers. Then both are drown in the well of illusion - Maya. They will remain entangled in Maya forever. "Guru Saman Data Nahin, Yaachak Shishya Saman.Teen Lok ki Sampada, So Guru Dinhi Daan" There is no benefactor like Master and no supplicant like disciple. The Master fills him with TRUTH, a precious knowledge of three worlds. It is the ultimate treasure. "Guru Paras ko Antaro, Jaanat hai Sab Sant Vah Loha Kanchan Kare, Ye Kari Ley Mahant" The Sadguru is not only a touchstone (Parasmani) but also above it. A touchstone transforms a piece of iron into pure gold but he cannot make him a touchstone while Sadguru's compassion is so great that he transforms the disciple into an enlightened one means he can make him like his own self.

"Kabira Hari ke Roothate, Guru ke Sharanai JaayKahain Kabir Guru Roothate, Hari Nahin hot Sahay" Saint Kabir places Sadguru before God. One may feel protected with Sadguru, if God is angry with the disciple but, if Sadguru is displeased with you then even God cannot protect you. So Sadguru is greater than the God himself. Lord Shiva him-self conveyed to his consort, Goddess Parvati, a fund of knowledge and wisdom about the Guru in Guru-Geeta. Three adhyaya/chapters, in the latter part of Skandpuran, one of the most widely read of the eighteen Purans written by Sage Ved Vyas, also referred to reverentially as Vyas Bhagwan. Asit Giri Samamsyat Kajjalam Sindhupatre, Surtaruvar Shakha Lekhini Patramurvi | Likhiti Yadi Gruhitva Sharada Sarvakalam, Tadyapi Tav Gunanamish Paaram Na Yaati || Oh Sadguru! Even if Maa Saraswati keeps on writing forever (Anant kal) on the leaves of all the trees about you and your virtues, she can not do so even with a help of a pen (kalam) made of all the mountains and ink (syahi) made of all sea waters of this earth. Such is your greatness! GururBrahma, GururVishnu Gururdevo Maheshwarah I Guruh Sakshat Param Brahma Tasmai ShreeGurave Namah II The guru is Brahma, He is Vishnu, He is Shiva; The Guru is indeed Parabrahma, the supreme Absolute. Salutation to Him. DhyanMulam GurorMurti, PoojaMulam GurorPadam IMantraMulam GurorVakyam, MokshaMulam GurorKrupa II The root of meditation is the Guru's form; The root of worship is the Guru's feet; The root of mantra is the Guru's word; The root of liberation is the Guru's Grace. (Contributed by Sai devotee Rina)

DEVOTEES SAY: DobbyDear Sai Vichaar, Jai Sai Ram Thank you so much for your wonderful newsletter. Your articles, with words and wisdom of Sai are the true joy, true relief in this world because really Sai is all there is.

NatarajThe following words are used in this weekly Article "Some time after Baba passed away". May I suggest you to use the words: "After Baba's mahasamadhi"

SekharThe article on chanting as a way to Moksha is very nice. However, the full meaning and import of the 'Sree raama raama raamaeti...' sloka of Sree Vishnu Sahasranaama (VSN) is not given in the article, which I would like to clarify to the readers. The sloka ends with 'Mano Raame manorame' - means Siva tells Paarvati that one need not chant VSN if his/her mind revels in Sree Raama! And people like Meerabai have shown what reveling in God's mind is. People should not misunderstand the sloka as a mathematical equation that Sree Raama = 1,000 names Vishnu.

JaneOm Sai Ram. Every Thursday when I receive Sai Vichaar it looks like the message is for me. I am running a business. Recently, I am facing short of funds most of time. And I always prayed to Baba and tell him that I leave everything to him. Yet my heart is restless. I was thinking of doing something which is not good and which I am not happy doing too. The Sai Vichaar today woke me up. It is the message for me.

SureshNamaskar Sashtang SriSainatha, as wished I am posting this message to say my thanks to Baba for the blessings and grace shown on my mother, in helping to recover from a serious health problem. This would not have been possible without Your grace. Please shower your blessings on all of us and please take care of us all the time.

DevoteeI am in need of your prayers. Due to certain inauspicious planetary positions in the chart I am undergoing a very bad time. No job, no bank balance, no home, orphan. Lost even my suitcase with clothing, books & essentials clothes . Yet I believe in Baba I have faith hope & courage at 47 as a lady. I hope to cross this difficult phase with faith in my DEVA

Baba devoteeSainath, swami, today when I read about the topic, that Sai is there to help in financial crises, so no need to worry or unnecessarily think about it, I was surprised, coz I was thinking about my financial need for the future. This episode in Saivichar, is a great eye-opener and it has give me great confidence, I think with Sai ' krupa I will b the happiest person.

PRAYER CLUB: Sai devoteeBaba please be with my son on his next appointment i.e. on 18th of august. I want all the tests to be fine and please cure my son. Please be with us and heal my son completely.

A devoteeSaibaba by your grace and blessings my daughter has completed her first trimester of pregnancy. Please remove the SLE from her system, which is possible only by Your miracle and bless her to deliver a healthy baby without any complications. They will visit Shirdi with the Baby.

SasidharPlease guide in my life to follow righteous path and help me in doing positive things. I pray you to provide with a good job in which I can be successful and help me in overcoming difficulties.

A Sai devoteeKoti pranam to you Sai....!!!My wife had an abortion recently. Since then, she is not keeping too well. She has pains all over... I cannot see her crying in pain... It makes me very sad and unbearable.. We are blessed with a son who is only 5 years...he doesn't know what is happening to his mom...however, she is trying her level best to keep the ends meet...Sai, you have been guiding us through out...Please bless her to come out of this soon and bring back the glory and happiness in the family. We have surrendered to you in full...

EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES: JaiMy name is Jai, this is for the first time I am sharing my experience to Sai Vichaar and to be honest with you all I was never a believer of Sai baba initially thought I have visited Shirdi twice with my friends but only to the samadhi temple, but when I was in abroad because of some wrong doings I faced a very difficult situation of my health and the symptoms were like of one of the most dangerous incurable disease of present time, I felt that after this I have no life anymore and was planning to finish my self but one day I saw the photo of Sai baba and his two words he used to say to every one that is to have Faith and Patience in life on him and he will take care of all the problems after that, and it is very true and I then followed these two words for rest of three months until I have to go for the checkup, I prayed to Sai baba and always chant Sai name, it helped me to keep me normal and balanced, finally the day

came when he called me to Shirdi as he rightly said that he call any one to Shirdi even if he is 7 seas away from him, I came to Shirdi and stayed there for almost 4 days sat in Dwarkamayi as it is the Merciful mother for all simple devotees who cures everyone and found that I felt so relaxed and confident as I already totally surrendered myself to him and finally the day came when I have to go to checkup, to my Surprise when the result came I found that I am normal with my health and nothing is there which was fearing me. My tears came out and I heartily said to Baba for saving me from this disease and said that will never do the wrong doings again. It is because of him I am alive and happy and tension free otherwise I may be no more in his world. Friends Sai baba is so merciful that he takes care of all his devotees who calls him, and his sayings are very true, read Sai SATCHARITRA, his sayings and you will find that every word of his is true and

effective even today and will always be. Today I am a strong believer of him.

MuthenderSai was with us in every step in our life for the last 20 years, and showered his blessings on all the members of my family. My son's marriage has been fixed on 08.08.08 at Chennai and reception at Hyderabad on 11.08.08. Being rainy season and due to adverse weather conditions it was raining like any thing before 08.08.2008. I prayed Sai baba for his mercy for granting good weather during those days. I was confident that he would definitely do that. But as a human being, at a corner of my heart I was doubting.....that how Sai will stop all this stormy weather for the sake of one family celebrations. Now I am ashamed of my self for doubting my Sai baba. The weather was quite good and comfortable all those days and every thing went on well.

QUOTATION OF THE WEEK:

"The teachings of a Guru are of no use to a man, who is full of egoism, and who always thinks about the sense-objects"-Sri Saibaba

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Q. "Purification of mind is absolute necessity for the spiritual growth" - Comment

SAI ACTIVITIES: Shirdi Sai Temple of Chicago and Suburbs, Illinois, USAShirdi Sai temple is open daily from 7:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m.(Summer hours). Daily program includes Kakad Arathi at 7 a.m. followed by Abhisek. Madhayana Arathi at 12 noon, Dhoop Arathi at 6 p.m. and Shej Arathi at 9 p.m. Archana, Homams, Sahasranama and sponsored poojas continue in between the Arathis. To request a pooja for yourselves, your friends and family, please call. Devotees can request water (Abhishek Jal) from the Holy bathing of Baba by sending us an email or by phone. Temple is located 25 minutes drive west of Schaumburg on intersection of IL Route 47 and Plank Road in Hampshire, IL. For more information please call 847-931-4058 or send email to maildrop.

Sri Saibaba Mandir, Minneapolis, MNSri Saibaba Mandir is located in Minneapolis, MN at 1835 Polk St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418. The mandir is open 7 days a week in the evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm and during morning hours from 9 am to 12:30 pm, everyday. Satsangs are conducted every Sunday mornings, 9 am to 12:30 pm. Please visit the mandir website www.hamaresai.org or call 612-789-7729 for more information on mandir activities, events and other information.

Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of Dallas/Fort Worth, TexasSri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW Metroplex is located at 2109 West Parker (Parker Plaza), Suite 212, Plano, TX 75023. For temple hours and activities please call the temple office at 469-467-3388 or visit the website www.shirdisaidallas.org.

Shirdi Sai Temple of New England, Boston AreaSri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of New England is now operational. It is located at 1827 Bridge St # 8, Dracut, MA 01824. The temple is open every Thursday from 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm and Saturday's from 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm. For temple hours and activities please visit the website www.nessp.org or send mail to maildrop.

Shirdi Sai Center in Bay Area, CAShirdi Sai Center is located 897-B East Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94086. For more information please call 408-705-7904 or 408-564-6704 or send email to saibandhu. You can also visit our website is www.Shirdisaiparivaar.org.

Shirdi Saibaba temple, Los Angeles, CADevotees in Los Angeles area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Los Angeles area. The temple is located at - 144 South 4th Street, Montebello, CA 90640. For more information please call Krishna Samantula at 949-679-9938 or visit www.shirdisaila.org.

Saibaba Temple, Columbus, OhioDevotees in Columbus and surrounding Ohio locations area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Metro Columbus area. The temple is located in a leasing space at 7674 Sawmill Rd, Dublin, OH 43016. Please attend daily Aaratis and Thursday bhajans. For more information please call Panditjee at 614-799-8411 or visit www.saibaba.cc.

Shirdi Sai bhajans every Thursday at Maitland, FloridaDevotees are invited to participate in Sai study and bhajans on Thursdays between 7-8 pm at Meditation Gallery, 219 E Horatio Ave, Maitland, FL 32715. For more details please contact Bonnie at 407-830-1276.

Sri Shirdi Sai Temple of Austin, TXSri Shirdi Sai Temple of Austin, Texas opened at 601 E Whitestone Blvd (RM 1431), Cedar Park, TX. Daily 4 aarthis are performed to Sai Baba. As part of service to needy, a weekly sandwich seva is also conducted. For more information, please visit www.saiaustin.org.

Shirdi Sai Mandir, Dulles, VAShirdi Sai Mandir is located at 43671 Trade Center Place #166 Dulles, VA 20166. The mandir is open through the week in the evenings from 6pm to 9 pm. Sri Satyanarayan pooja will be conducted every full moon day. Please visit the mandir website www.shirdisaimandir.org or call (703) 661-4724 for more information on activities, events and other information.

Shirdi Sai Mandir, TorontoShirdi Sai Mandir Toronto is open from 7am to 9pm for darshan. Extended hours on thursdays and saturdays. For more information, program schedule or directions please call 647-444-4724

FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD: Sai devotees posting prayer request are requested to state their needs briefly and be specific about their prayer needs. This will help with good use of space and allows more requests to be posted every week. The "Question of the week" for this week is Sri Saibaba said, "Purification of mind is absolute necessity for the spiritual growth, without this all sadhanas are of no use" - Comment? Humbly Yours,The Editor

ABOUT THIS EMAIL:

This newsletter is not sent unsolicited. This newsletter is e-mailed to you because of at least one of the following reasons:1. You have d through our on-line page,2. You have visited our web site and shown interest in the Sai topics and asked for information, or3. You have been gifted a subscription by a friend or a relative.

To Subscribe Sai Vichaar for receipt by Email please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you are subscribing the newsletter for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the newsletter and the willingness to receive the newsletter be confirmed. To Un-Subscribe receipt of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you have problems accessing the web page due to network problems, please send an e-mail to support with the words "Un Sai Vichaar" in the subject line. To make a contribution to any of the sections of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the Submit Articles to Sai Vichaar option from the menu. Back copies of HTML version of Sai Vichaar can be accessed by visting the URL http://www.saibaba.org/whatsnew.html. For any questions or more information regarding this e-mail or our web site, please send an e-mail to maildrop and your inquiries will be attended to promptly.

Thank you,The webmaster

From and Editor:

Shirdi Sai Baba Web Site

Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha

(A non-profit organization)

Mail:

12N950 State Route 47

Hampshire, IL 60140, USA

Email

maildrop

Phone

847-931-4058

Fax

847-931-4066

© Copyright 1998-2008 saibaba.org, Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha - Sai Vichaar Weekly may only be redistributed in its unedited form. Written permission must be obtained to reprint or cite the information contained within this newsletter. Sai Vichaar is devoted to the philosophy and teachings of Shri Sadguru Sai Baba of Shirdi, and will take every measure to avoid topics or themes contradicting the same. Sai Vichaar team or the Shirdi Sai Baba web site is not responsible for the opinions expressed by individual contributors.