IndiaDivine.org

Sai Vichaar for Thursday , November 20, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sai Vichaar

www.saibaba.org

Thursday , November 20, 2008 :: Volume 11, Issue 28

(In its eleventh year of publication.)

Sai Vichaar is a Weekly newsletter distributed every Thursday and is devoted to the life, philosophy and teachings of Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your interested associates in its original form.

IN THIS ISSUE:

FEATURE OF THE WEEK

CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE

DEVOTEES SAY

PRAYER CLUB

EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES

QUOTATION OF THE WEEK

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

SAI ACTIVITIES

FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD

FEATURE OF THE WEEK: Did Baba preach "Just feel good" gospel?

What is the method of teaching that Baba followed? Did He install any institution or a particular way of thought for His followers to propagate? For that matter, has there been any record of Sadguru Sainath appointing anyone to continue what we conceive as the mission He had set? Inscrutable are His ways! This is a famous phrase from Nagesh Vasudev Gunaji's English version of Shri Sai Satcharitha. It turns out to be true. During His lifetime and after, Baba showed a peculiar way of teaching and guiding His followers. He had asked some to be more disciplined, perform rituals, and undertake reading of sacred texts, while some were asked to keep quiet or just wait. Some were commended for their piety while some denounced for their orthodoxy! Baba seemed to have answers to the innermost of the questions His followers had. He seemed to have a certain way of giving "individualized instruction" depending on one's earnestness. However, He seems to be very particular in emphasizing certain virtues in His followers. The two pice (two cents) He demanded were faith and patience. Invaluable! By calling Himself as a servant, Baba has stressed the importance of humility, because humility is a virtue that reaps rich harvest in one's pursuits. By insisting on the surrender of the self and accepting the will of the supreme over the individual, Baba stressed the existence of a unifying higher order. His views on the purpose of religions were simple, "There is only one God and the purpose of every religion is the same". In a unique way, Sai Baba of Shirdi also had asked His followers to investigate the "self". He also expounded on the obstacles for such a pursuit, native as well as acquired. Is

it possible to categorize this unique way of spiritual leadership?

For some, Baba's life and teachings might look like a paradox, but in reality, His ways are as simple and natural as it could be! He did not give any set of rules to follow for His disciples. On the other hand, He was present in the minds of earnest devotees who sought His guidance on matters, big and small. For such people, in His words, He guarded them from front, back, and sides. To those who would differ with His advice, Baba said simply, "God will do good". Faith and patience are two traits common to everyone and by invoking these qualities common to every human being; Sai Baba of Shirdi has indeed simplified the pursuit. Eleven assurances of Sainath are well known to His devotees. Baba said that none who would approach Him would turn back disappointed. Did He mean that every prayer would be answered? Yes! Every prayer will receive an answer. Sometimes, the answer is "Yes", sometimes, "No", and some other times, "Just wait". Baba's coffers are open to those who believe in waiting and wanting His grace and love. His gift to those is not "just feel good" temporary material appeasement, but bliss that is perpetual, a state of permanent contentment.

CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE: Is there no hope?

Perils of Maya, the myth, is well known, well expounded, yet least comprehensible for a spiritual seeker. The human nature is such; it falls to its own trap time and again. Desires multiply even after knowing how transient the human life is. Desires and more desires, as the mercy of Sadguru confers the wishes, the desires manifold. Souls trapped at the crossroads not knowing where to draw the line. Swami Vivekananda, one of the greatest spiritualists history has seen talks on this subject; "There was never a mother who did not think her child was a born genius, the most extra-ordinary child that was ever born; she dotes upon her child. Her whole soul is in the child. The child grows up, perhaps becomes a drunkard, a brute, ill-treats the mother, and the more he ill-treats her, the more her love increases. The world lauds its unselfish love of the mother, little dreaming that the mother is a born slave, she cannot help that. She would a

thousand times rather throw off the burden, but she cannot. So she covers herself with a mass of flowers, which she calls love. And this is Maya.

True it is that we are all slaves of Maya, born in Maya and live in Maya. Is there no way out, no hope? That we are all miserable, that this world is really a prison, that even our so-called trailing beauty are but a prison-houses, have been known for ages upon ages. There has never been a man; never been a human soul who has not felt this sometime or other, however he may talk. And the old people feel it most, because in them the accumulated experience of a whole life, because they cannot be easily cheated by the lies of the nature. Is there no way out? We find that with all this, with this terrible fact before us, in the midst of the sorrow and suffering even in this world where life and death are synonymous, ever here there is a still small voice ringing through all ages, through every country and in every heart: "This Maya is divine, made up of qualities, and very difficult to cross. Yet those that come unto Me, cross the river of life".

This voice comes to men when everything seems to be lost and hope has fled, when's men's dependence on his own strength crushed down, and everything seems to melt away between his fingers, and life is a helpless ruin. Then he hears it. This is called religion". Religion in this context may well be substituted for the doctrine of faith, to be taken for all its worth. As the true sons of the father, let us spend a few moments on contemplating the loving invitation the father has extended to His religion, the one of faith and patience, of love and tolerance, of one supreme that is for all.

(Contributed by Sai Vichaar team)

DEVOTEES SAY: Sai devoteeThis letter to thank you for saving my friend's life. She had a brain aneurysm. Her right eye was totally shut. She had a surgery on her brain to correct the problem. It was life threatening. She did well. The doctors were not sure whether the right eye will ever open and get her vision. That was three months ago. She went back to the doctor last week for her checkup. She had a good report. Right eye was slowly opening. She still has a double vision. It will take few months to get her normal vision if any. But I am confident that Baba will give her vision back. She survived the aneurysm by His grace. It was a miracle. Thank You Baba. Sai devoteeSainatha, I do not know how to express my indebtedness towards You for helping my son to score so well in the exam. We will come to Your lotus feet to surrender. Thank you Sainatha, please get him a good placement in a nice place. Sai Ram Maharaj ki Jai! SureshNamaskar Sashtang Sri Sainatha, as wished I am posting this message to say my thanks to Baba for the blessings and grace shown on my mother, in helping to recover from a serious health problem. This would not have been possible without Your grace. Please shower your blessings on all of us and help me getting the job sooner. Please take care of us all the time. PujaI would like to thank you for yet another miracle of my Baba. He miraculosly helped my sister to get a house just next to mine. We are all so happy as nothing like being close to your siblings and even my mother and brother are living with me and we all are together. Baba, please keep everything in place and help my sister settle in happiness. On Diwali day her picture of Sai which I gifted her and was bought from Shirdi got burned and whole house was full of smoke but the diya only burnt the picture and the rest all was in place. And when she went to Shirdi she got exactly the same picture and she shifted with it in her new house for which she was waiting from last two years. Bless all Baba and help me being focused Baba. A DevoteeA million thanks for sending the update of the lovely articles in Sai Vichaar. I am a strong devotee of Baba and pray day and night to Him like most folks. I have my trust and faith in Him, and try to keep my inner strength and hope. I have been out of touch with this computer, infact not able to even use the email system, how boring, thanks to the surprise I had today, when I got into sending an email, how stupid, managed to get this off. Do appreciate the reading of His lord Sai Leela, goodwill, and miracle. Sai's blessings keep the cheer and care for all devotees. I do read the Sai Satcharitra and am hooked on it, praying the door of His blessing are always open to me. Blessings and love to all you good and efficient people, for the cheer you bring to one and all. My hands are my problem I had an operation, and about to have another. Not suppose to type, but laws can be broken sometime.

PRAYER CLUB: SavithriDear Sairam, accept my namaskaram and bless my company which is facing problems. I am getting weak day by day by thinking about this company. So please bless our company with some financial assistance. Since I do not want to go anywhere and continue over this company my prayer for this company. So Baba bless this company and keep the company with full business.

Sai devoteeDear Sadguru Sainath Maharaj, You know our problems at this time. Please bless us all including our family members, and be with us as you have always been during the good and the hard times. Please bless those who need work and those who need family support. Sai devoteeAs always thanks for everything Baba. With your grace I have come to this place, You were with me all along my travel and I could experience it in all different ways. My husband also reached safely, thanks for that also Baba, sorry for posting it late, please forgive me Baba for this. I am somewhat confused about my career and other things which You only know very well and I do not know what to do also so I cast all my burdens and confusion at Your lotus feet and I have strong faith in You that You will take care of everything and You will take care and bless every one of us. Please keep our faith strong and give peace of mind to one and all Baba. Thank You for everything Baba. HarshiPray for a Ray of Hope Baba, You know how my brother has been suffering from unsettlement from past 3 years. He has always been exemplary child in his life, has never hurted anyone, however he faces this deep misery. He has lost all hope, looks very week, depressed and dreadful. My family is feeling this pinch in our lives, seeing his pain. You know, he has a cling in his career path. Only You can relieve him from this pain. Please show some pity on your child and bless him to a ray of hope in his life. SurekhaDear Baba, as we all know You are the omnipresent and know it all, but as a child I think you may not be doing anything about my problem so therefore I would like to pray from the bottom of my heart. Please Sai guide my son, the only son You have granted me (you know what I mean by that), in the right direction. When You decided to not give me a biological son, I accepted Your decision and did what was right. If he fails, I have completely failed in my duties as a guardian. Sai, guide him to the right path. It seems he is slipping away. He is not paying attention to his studies, career or even college selection for that matter. I think only you can show him the right path. Please Sai, I humbly beg that You come in a form of any human and hold my son's hand and guide him, please. Only You can do it. I promise I will do whatever you ask me to do in my vision. MeenakshiKodi Namaskarams to Sairam , Baba help my daughter to get well from her health. She should study well and get nice marks as we desired. Make my children to study well. I should get the certificate renewed. I want Your blessings. I have left everything at Your lotus feet. Please Baba help me. I am surrending everything to You. Nobody is there for me except You. Sai devoteeKoti koti pranam to my dear Sai. Please take care of my son, he will be visiting the doctor today to know about his results. Baba please be with him when he visits the doctor. I know you are there but please take special care and give my son all the strength and courage and hold his hand and bless him that his treatment should all be mild as we all prayed and requested to you Baba day and night. I will be really grateful to you all my life and I want to come to your mandir and pray and offer a thanks giving annadhanam to all devotees and people there. Also please be with my daughter, she is really scared, give her courage and be with them throughout the checkup with the doctor. I know you are the doctor of doctors, you can cure my son. Please Baba shower your blessing on my son. AnupBaba, recently I have suddenly developed some health problems. Please take me out of that, I was always hail and hearty, this sudden problem has shaken me specially when I am alone away from my family.

EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES: GyanendraOm Sairam, this miracle happened in the year 2006 at Bhubaneswar, Orissa. One day I and one of my friend was discussing the problems he faced in business due to pending of one primary bank loan. Then we both discussed about Baba's miracle and I suggest him to start parayan and he asked me a book, which I handed over after coming from Shirdi. Then his wife started reading Sai Satcharita and after 2 weeks of parayan reading, he received a phone call from bank and finally he received a loan of 2 lakhs from bank. After that they started visiting Baba's mandir whenever they got time. Then one day after 2 months two people came to his house pretending as saint and told his wife that they are from Shirdi and immediately my friend's wife asked, have you got udi of Shirdi. She was eagerly in need of udi as she has not seen Shirdi although she knew the power of udi by reading Sai Satcharitra. Then the two bhanda baba gave

her some powder and while sitting in her house they mesmerized her and two daughters, and succeeded to take 10,000 Rupees from their house which was kept for business purpose by my friend. Then after they left the house she realized that they have cheated and she looked here and there but could not find those two bhanda baba. Then immediately she called her husband and me and by the time we reached the house it was one hour late. My friend was furious and started abusing his wife regarding the incident. I closed my eyes and asked Baba number of questions and compelled Him to solve the problem for my friend ,otherwise she will be blamed unnecessarily. Then one idea came to my mind and I asked my friend not to waist time and try to search for the man in the colony. We came to know that they came on three wheeler motor bike and Baba's statue on the back side of the vehicle. We started searching in two bikes along with his two daughters as they have seen

these two people.

continued.....After searching for one hour in and around Bhubaneswar city, we came to national highway which connects to Puri as they told that we will go to Puri on our way to Shirdi. When we were searching and asking people about the particular vehicle one old man with dirty white dhoti and beard on his face looking like a labour standing 20 feet from my vehicle stretched his hand towards the opposite direction of Puri which goes to Cuttack. I remembered that old man told in Hindi, udhar gaya hai. Then without any second thought I started moving towards Cuttack by chantting Om Sairam all the way. Then to my surprise after reaching Cuttack which is about 23 kms from that spot, I managed to catch the culprit and recovered the 10,000 Rupees from that man after four hours. I thanked Lord Baba, at the same time I regretted that I could not recognize that old man.

QUOTATION OF THE WEEK:

"The one who sincerely worships Me, need not look around. If he does, such worship lacks faith".-Shri Sai Baba

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Q. Who did Sri Saibaba refer to saying, "This was a true devotee of Mine" and why?

A. by Mukesh

Baba referred to "Megha" saying "this was a true devotee of mine". Megha was an uneducated cook at Mr. Sathe's home. An ordinary individual with very morals for bhakti. He demonstrated true devotion towards Baba. He never expected or asked for anything from Baba. His character displays deep faith in bhakti, uncondtional love for Baba, unshakeable Saburi and utmost discipline. He also showed his bhakti toward Lord Shiva and the same for Baba, which indicates that there is no difference between God and Saints. Om Sai Ram!

SAI ACTIVITIES: Shirdi Sai Temple of Chicago and Suburbs, Illinois, USAShirdi Sai temple is open daily from 8:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m.(Winter hours). Daily program includes Kakad Arathi at 8 a.m. followed by Abhisek. Madhayana Arathi at 12 noon, Dhoop Arathi at 6 p.m. and Shej Arathi at 9 p.m. Archana, Homams, Sahasranama and sponsored poojas continue in between the Arathis. To request a pooja for yourselves, your friends and family, please call. Devotees can request water (Abhishek Jal) from the Holy bathing of Baba by sending us an email or by phone. Temple is located 25 minutes drive west of Schaumburg on intersection of IL Route 47 and Plank Road in Hampshire, IL. For more information please call 847-931-4058 or send email to maildrop.

Sri Saibaba Mandir, Minneapolis, MNSri Saibaba Mandir is located in Minneapolis, MN at 1835 Polk St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418. The mandir is open 7 days a week in the evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm and during morning hours from 9 am to 12:30 pm, everyday. Satsangs are conducted every Sunday mornings, 9 am to 12:30 pm. Please visit the mandir website www.hamaresai.org or call 612-789-7729 for more information on mandir activities, events and other information.

Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of Dallas/Fort Worth, TexasSri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW Metroplex is located at 2109 West Parker (Parker Plaza), Suite 212, Plano, TX 75023. For temple hours and activities please call the temple office at 469-467-3388 or visit the website www.shirdisaidallas.org.

Shirdi Sai Temple of New England, Boston AreaSri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of New England is now operational. It is located at 1827 Bridge St # 8, Dracut, MA 01824. The temple is open every Thursday from 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm and Saturday's from 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm. For temple hours and activities please visit the website www.nessp.org or send mail to maildrop.

Shirdi Sai Center in Bay Area, CAShirdi Sai Center is located 897-B East Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94086. For more information please call 408-705-7904 or 408-564-6704 or send email to saibandhu. You can also visit our website is www.Shirdisaiparivaar.org.

Shirdi Saibaba temple, Los Angeles, CADevotees in Los Angeles area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Los Angeles area. The temple is located at - 144 South 4th Street, Montebello, CA 90640. For more information please call Krishna Samantula at 949-679-9938 or visit www.shirdisaila.org.

Saibaba Temple, Columbus, OhioDevotees in Columbus and surrounding Ohio locations area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Metro Columbus area. The temple is located in a leasing space at 6599 Dublin Center Dr, Dublin, OH 43017. Please attend daily Aaratis and Thursday bhajans. For more information please call Panditjee at 614-799-8411 or visit www.saibaba.cc or new website www.srisaimandir.org

Shirdi Sai bhajans every Thursday at Maitland, FloridaDevotees are invited to participate in Sai study and bhajans on Thursdays between 7-8 pm at Meditation Gallery, 219 E Horatio Ave, Maitland, FL 32715. For more details please contact Bonnie at 407-830-1276.

Sri Shirdi Sai Temple of Austin, TXSri Shirdi Sai Temple of Austin, Texas opened at 601 E Whitestone Blvd (RM 1431), Cedar Park, TX. Daily 4 aarthis are performed to Sai Baba. As part of service to needy, a weekly sandwich seva is also conducted. For more information, please visit www.saiaustin.org.

Shirdi Sai Mandir, Dulles, VAShirdi Sai Mandir is located at 43671 Trade Center Place #166 Dulles, VA 20166. The mandir is open through the week in the evenings from 6pm to 9 pm. Sri Satyanarayan pooja will be conducted every full moon day. Please visit the mandir website www.shirdisaimandir.org or call (703) 661-4724 for more information on activities, events and other information.

Shirdi Sai Mandir, TorontoShirdi Sai Mandir Toronto is open from 7am to 9pm for darshan. Extended hours on thursdays and saturdays. For more information, program schedule or directions please call 647-444-4724.

FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD: Please note that Sai Vichaar is only yet another global platform on the electronic medium for sharing information on the life and message of Sadguru Sainath of Shirdi. Sai Vichaar does not profess to endorse any particular thought, nor will judge or reflect the opinions expressed by individual contributors. The "Question of the week" for this week is Q. Who did Sri Saibaba refer to saying, "This was a true devotee of Mine" and why?

Humbly Yours,The Editor

ABOUT THIS EMAIL:

This newsletter is not sent unsolicited. This newsletter is e-mailed to you because of at least one of the following reasons:1. You have d through our on-line page,2. You have visited our web site and shown interest in the Sai topics and asked for information, or3. You have been gifted a subscription by a friend or a relative.

To Subscribe Sai Vichaar for receipt by Email please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you are subscribing the newsletter for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the newsletter and the willingness to receive the newsletter be confirmed. To Un-Subscribe receipt of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you have problems accessing the web page due to network problems, please send an e-mail to support with the words "Un Sai Vichaar" in the subject line. To make a contribution to any of the sections of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the Submit Articles to Sai Vichaar option from the menu. Back copies of HTML version of Sai Vichaar can be accessed by visting the URL http://www.saibaba.org/whatsnew.html. For any questions or more information regarding this e-mail or our web site, please send an e-mail to maildrop and your inquiries will be attended to promptly.

Thank you,The webmaster

From and Editor:

Shirdi Sai Baba Web Site

Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha

(A non-profit organization)

Mail:

12N950 State Route 47

Hampshire, IL 60140, USA

Email

maildrop

Phone

847-931-4058

Fax

847-931-4066

© Copyright 1998-2008 saibaba.org, Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha - Sai Vichaar Weekly may only be redistributed in its unedited form. Written permission must be obtained to reprint or cite the information contained within this newsletter. Sai Vichaar is devoted to the philosophy and teachings of Shri Sadguru Sai Baba of Shirdi, and will take every measure to avoid topics or themes contradicting the same. Sai Vichaar team or the Shirdi Sai Baba web site is not responsible for the opinions expressed by individual contributors.