IndiaDivine.org

SOME THOUGHTS ON ATMA-74

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

(continued from posting no.73)

Loving Sai Rams. In the past 2 days I could not submit further postings on this topic for one reason or the other. Probably, some members could have heaved a sigh of relief. Earlier I used to post at least one posting per day on this topic. Now a member has written to me expressing her concern at the abscence of the posting on this topic. She seems to wonder whether I have stopped the postings in the light of some murmurs from another member. In this regard I would like to state that postings on this topic were not commenced by me on my own. One of the members wanted me to make postings on this topic.

Postings on this subject have been going on since then and can go on as long as Swamy wants it to take place. As far as I am concerned, I can not visualise as to how long this can go. With this remark, let me proceed with further posting.

Where there is desire, anger and greed , there will also be Bhaya(fear). When there is a slump in economy and it is weak over a period of time, all exept Government employees, who can be said to enjoy almost guaranteed employment, fear losing their jobs. Some people have a general feeling of fear without knowing its cause. Fear is also an impurity of the mind. The question that will be posed in this context is as to how can fears be removed from the mind? Only by realization of the Truth and abidance in our nature as the one non-dual , Absolute reality. Does a realized soul fear at all? How could the sages (Rishis) afford to stay in thick forests habitated by wild animals? Fear is only at the level of Body, Mind and Intellect. We entertain all types of fear because we have attachment to our body and to everything else that we consider as ours eg., fear of death of our own self and beloved ones. fear of loss of all types including loss of honour etc. The moment we create duality, a distinction between " I " and anybody else there is fear. We ourselves create divisions and then become afraid of the other. But if we can recognize the one non-dual Reality, the infinte " I Am " , there will be no fear. Similarly, when there is no desire in the mind, there is no fear. A man of wisdom is not afraid of even the king of gods because the wise man does not want any kingdom at all. Therefore, fear should be overcome by realization of the Truth.

(to be continued)

G.Balasubramanian