IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 01-2008 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Sixth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 01/ 2008 03-01-2008 Saidarbar Wishes you all “A Very Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year – 2008”. The Glory of Shirdi Sai enters Sixth year from 01-01-2008. You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW

FORMAT http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent ------------------- GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar - Hyderabad. Shirdi Sai's Philosophy in the words of Saibanisaji Whatever the words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear and get influenced by them either for good or ill. A sympathetic and compassionate mind will be resistant to the evil words. We must not let wild words pass our lips lest they arouse feelings of anger and hatred. The words we speak should always be words full of sympathy and wisdom. The secret of a healthy mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live wise in the present. Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu To be continued….. --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS

FROM THE TIME MACHINE: January 1912: Dadasaheb Khaparde's youngest son Balwant was cured of bubonic plague by Baba by taking the disease on Himself. January 3, 1912: Megha fed some Brahmins on completion of his Gayatri Purascharana. Dadasaheb Khaparde attended it in Sathewada. January 19, 1912: Megha died in Shirdi at about 04:00 hrs. Baba lamented loudly and followed the funeral procession for some distance. Baba showered flowers on Megha's body. January 20,

1912: Bapusaheb Jog started performing Baba's Pooja and Arati after Megha's death. He continued this till Baba's Maha Samadhi. January 1912: Ganapatrao, father of Tatya Patil Kote passed away. Tatya Patil stopped sleeping in the Dwarakamai with Baba. ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled

from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. JUNE-1995: 21-06-1995 Two days ago, four kittens came to my house and started playing near my feet. I recollected what Baba said in the 18/19th Chapters of Sai Satcahrita. No one comes to your house unless there is a previous bond. Give them food and shelter as God will be pleased. I gave them milk in a small container and temporarily they left the place only to make it a routine affair. The little ones came to drink milk and after gaining little acquaintance, they indulged playing near my feet. I asked

Baba what could be my relationship with them. Baba replied in the form of Our Ex-Railway Minister Jaffar Shereif as below addressing by my name: -Many times you have expressed before me that you would have served me if only you were born prior to the year 1918. Your father passed away during the year 1974 and then also you had similar feelings and felt bad for the denial of service to parents. Even after knowing that foeticide is a sin, you got your wife aborted on two occasions. To clear you off the ‘Runanubandha’, all the four souls have gathered around in the form of the four kittens. They shall leave your house once the due service period is over. Coming together is a matter of past attachments and unfulfilled desires. 22-06-1995 I prayed Baba to help me in overcoming the lure for money. Sai appeared in the form of a vegetable vendor selling vegetables on a pushcart and said- Your share in this High-rise apartment is only four rooms and you may have a feeling that the whole is mine, standing in front of it. But in reality what fraction is yours compared to the enormous wealth in the whole universe. Universal wealth is limitless. 23-06-1995 Yesterday, I prayed Baba to help me in shedding my inner ego. I was well dressed in silk robes and went to my uncle’s place. He was watching cricket match in the Television and missed noticing my arrival. In those days I had inner ego that I was a great Sai devotee. I grew wild and entered into an argument with him. I woke up with a disturbed sleep. Then I understood that if only I had no ego, I would have first called on him. It is the ego clash that has not allowed me to exercise restraint

and forced me to fight with a person of my father’s stature. I concluded that I should get rid of this menace. Ego makes one loose balance of mind. To be continued…... ----------------------------- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 30. Efficacy of Prayer and Worship Sri Sai Baba gives very great importance to prayers. Prayer is the vehicle that conveys man to the Divine presence. Prayer sanctifies the mind. It purifies the aspirant. Verbal repetition of God’s name is also a form of Prayer. In fact if we chant On Sai Sri Sai Jaya Jaya Sai, it is the outpouring of the heart. Prayer for mundane things is not prayer. Seeking Sai’s divine love is

prayer. Good actions bring good results. Bad actions bring bad results. Man is the maker of heaven and hell. He carries them in his own mind. There is no external agency meddling with him. Sri Sai Baba advised Nana Chandorkar .The joy and sorrow are mere delusions. Mere appearance of worldly joy is not true happiness. According to the Prarabdha, each one gets Amrutham. The joy and sorrow is due to the opinion which is mere illusion. Whenever any idea of joy or sorrow arises in your mind, resist it. Do not give room to it. It is pure delusion. Our good deeds itself pays us back, giving us the satisfaction of having done something worthwhile, as an offering to the Lotus feet of the Lord. The purpose of prayer is not to petition for benefit. Such petitioning implies that God doesn’t know what we want. God is immanent in every being and knows what is in heart of every person. The God fearing devotee knows that God exists and will Himself do everything that we want. By constant prayer, we will be uplifted spiritually. To be continued……….. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA. "The formless Absolute is my Father, and God with form is my Mother." God reveals Himself in the form which His devotee loves most. His love for the devotee knows no bounds. If you desire liberation, but you still say "mine," If you feel you are the body, You are not a wise man or a seeker. You are simply a man who suffers. Ashtavakra Gita 16:10 NEWS Akshardham Temple Enters Guinness Book of World Records news.in.msn.com NEW DELHI, INDIA, December 20, 2007: The Akshardham temple in Delhi has made it to the Guinness Book of World Records for being the world's largest Hindu temple complex. A senior official of the Guinness World Records Ltd travelled to India last week to present two world record certificates to the head of Swaminarayan Sansthan, Pramukh Swami Maharaj. Michael Witty, a senior member of the Guinness World Record Main Management Committee, presented the awards to Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sansthan (BAPS) under two categories: Most Hindu temples consecrated by a single person and secondly, the world's largest comprehensive Hindu temple. "His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj, internationally revered spiritual leader and head of BAPS Swaminarayan Sansthan, has created and consecrated in accordance with the

Hindu rituals, a world record of 713 mandirs (temples) in five continents between April 1971 and November 2007," the Certificate said. "Amongst these, the majestic, ornately hand-carved BAPS Swaminarayan Akshardham in New Delhi, India, stands apart as the largest Hindu temple in the world," it added. --------------- 6. DEVOTEES

EXPERIENCES: spandana2212 Fri, December 14, 2007 12:36 am Om Sai Ram, This experience of Baba was seen and felt by all of us involved in Saibaba's naam Saptaham during dussehra oct2007. On the last day of naam saptaham, all of us were immersed in baba's chanting, ' OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI ' just at 8:00AM Sainath maharaj came to all of us in the form of a small dog and touched the wrists and hands of all the devotees in all the rows and columns he did not exempt even the people who sat at the corners. We all were very happy, we started offering fruits to Baba, but Baba did not eat. Then someone said if sweet is brought Baba will eat. I literally ran and procured kova sweet (5 in number) and my aunt fed it to Baba, like a mother feeds the child Baba then ate and responded in the same way all of us were immensely happy because

we could see Baba blessing us and staying along with us. Baba it is true that you did come to bless us... what else can it be other than Saibaba's miracle. Baba we owe a lot to you Baba... you take care of us so well.... as I am saying so my eyes are filled with tears... because Baba has lots of mercy and love for us. He is there with us at all walks of our life. Om Sai Ram Sada Vara Pradaha Spandana -------------------- sai.raj68 Fri, December 21, 2007 10:58 pm SaiRam, KOTI KOTI PRANAM TO LORD LOTUS FEET Ten years ago my father's health condition was bad and had to be hospitalized. Doctor examined and told us that jaundice is in very advanced stage. I have a great faith in Baba and that day happened to be on Thursday, at that time I was reading Sri Sai Satcharita and I prayed Baba to get cured my papa

soon. On that evening I went to Baba's temple for evening 'aarti'. I tearfully prayed to god about papa's condition. To my surprise my papa's health condition improved slowly from that day onwards. Finally he got discharged after 10 days. Baba has given my papa a new life. I have no words how to describe this miracle. I do not know how I am going to pay this Baba’s debt. Thanks Baba & peace to all Sairam Rajendra P.Vankhede --------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpg Smt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. THE TALKING CAVE: Once there lived a lion in a forest. He had grown old now and so found it difficult to hunt. Often his prey escaped him, and then he had to sleep hungry. He did not know what to do. One day he roamed in the forest a long time in search of a prey. He was tired and hungry. But he could not catch anything. Suddenly he came across a cave. He said to himself. There must be someone living in that cave. I shall hide behind the bush and pounce on him as he comes out." He kept waiting and waiting but nobody came out. Tired, the lion thought that probably the owner of the cave was away. It would be better for him to go inside the cave and wait for his arrival. The moment the owner entered his cave he would kill him. So he entered the cave and hid himself in a corner there. That cave, in fact, belonged to a jackal. After some time he returned to the cave. Now, the jackals are clever and cautious creatures. So, when he neared his cave, he saw some footprints entering his cave. No foot- prints were coming out. He at once knew someone was inside the cave. It must be a dangerous creature. It would not be wise to enter the cave without making sure. So the clever jackal spoke loudly, "Cave, O my dear cave." There was no reply. The jackal again called out, O my dear cave, what is the matter with you? Earlier you always welcomed me when I came back. Why are you keeping quiet today? If you do not speak to me, I shall go away elsewhere." The lion was listening to the words of the jackal. He foolishly though that probably the cave was actually in the habit of welcoming the jackal on his return. That day it was keeping quiet out of fear of the lion. Now, if the jackal was not spoken to, he would go away somewhere else. So the lion called out in his heavy voice, "Come home my friend, I welcome you." The clever jackal recognized the voice of the lion. He immediately ran away, leaving the foolish lion waiting inside the cave. ------------- 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain Dec 4, 2007 11:28 AM Chapter XXVI SSS: Now let us turn to the stories of this Chapter. Bhakta Pant Once it so happened that a devotee by name Pant, a disciple of another Sad-guru had the good fortune of visiting Shirdi. He had no mind to go to Shirdi, but man proposes one way and God disposes the other. He was travelling in a B.B. & C.I. Rly. train where he met many friends and relations bound for Shirdi. They all asked him to accompany them and he could not say no. They alighted at Bombay while Pant got down at Virar. There he took the permission of his Sadguru for the Shirdi trip and after arranging for the expenses, left with the party for Shirdi. They all reached the place in the morning and went to the Dwarakamayi at about 11 A.M. Seeing the concourse of the devotees assembled for Baba's worship, they were all pleased, but Pant suddenly got a fit and fell senseless. They were all frightened, still they tried their best to bring him to his senses. With Baba's grace and with pitchers of water which they poured over his head, he regained his consciousness and sat upright as if he was just awakened from sleep. The omniscient Baba knowing that he was a disciple of another Guru, assured him fearlessness and confirmed his faith in his own Guru, by addressing him as

follows :- "Come what may, leave not, but stick to your Bolster (support, i.e. Guru) and ever remain steady, always at-one-ment (in union) with him." Pant at once knew the significance of this remark and thus he was reminded of his Sad-guru. This kindness of Baba he never forgot in his life. SSG: Sai Ram. Sai was and is One with all Gods and Gurus and we have already seen earlier how He always treated the devotees and disciples with a lot of consideration. This is yet another example of His unity with all Gods and Gurus. Sai Ram. SSS: Harishchandra Pitale There was a gentleman by name Harishchandra Pitale in Bombay. He had a son, who suffered from epilepsy. He tried many allopathic and ayurvedic doctors, but there was no cure. There remained only one way of remedy, viz. resorting to the saints. It has been stated in Chapter XV that Das Ganu by his inimitable and splendid kirtans spread the fame of Sai Baba in the Bombay Presidency. Mr. Pitale heard some of these kirtans in 1910 and learnt there from and from others that Baba, by His touch and mere glance, cured many incurable diseases. Then a desire arose in his mind to see Sai Baba. Making all preparations and taking presents and fruit-baskets, Mr. Pitale came to Shirdi with

family, wife and children. He then went to the Dwarakamayi with them, prostrated before Baba and placed his sick son on Baba's Feet. No sooner Baba saw the child than an untoward thing happened. The son immediately revolved his eyes and fell down senseless. His mouth began to foam and his whole body began to perspire profusely and it seemed as if he breathed himself out. Seeing this, the parents became very nervous and excited. The boy used to get such fits very often, but this fit seemed to persist long. Tears began to flow ceaselessly from the mother's eyes and she began to wail, crying that her condition was like that of a person, who being afraid of the robbers ran into a house which collapsed on him, or like a cow fearing a tiger, ran into the hands of a butcher, or like a traveller, who being tormented by the heat of the sun went to take refuge under a tree, which fell upon him, or like a devout person going for worship into a temple which collapsed upon him. Then

Baba comforted her saying - "Do not wail like this, wait a bit, have patience, take the boy to your lodging, he will come to his senses within half an hour." SSG: Sai Ram. In this case and the above case (Pant's), the apparent aggravation was the karmic debts getting cleared or burnt off by Baba's grace. In homeopathy too, such aggravations are often seen but then relief follows. And homeopathy is the true power of God! Sai Ram. SSS: They did as directed by Baba and found that His words came true. As soon as he was taken into the Wada, the boy recovered and all the Pitale family, husband, wife and others were very delighted and all their doubts

disappeared. Then Mr. Pitale came with his wife to see Baba and prostrated himself before Him very humbly and respectfully and sat shampooing His legs and mentally thanking Baba for His help. Baba then smilingly said - "Are not all your thoughts, doubts and apprehensions calmed down now? Hari (Lord) will protect him, who has got faith and patience". SSG: Sai Ram. Sraddha and Saburi - Baba always stressed on these two qualities in a Sadhaka. Sai Ram. SSS: Mr. Pitale was a rich and well-to-do gentleman. He distributed sweet-meat on a large scale and gave Baba excellent fruits and pan (betel-leaves). Mrs. Pitale was a very Sattwik lady, simple,

loving and faithful. She used to sit near the post staring at Baba with tears of joy flowing down from her eyes. Seeing her of an amicable and loving nature, Baba was much pleased with her. Like Gods, Saints are always dependent on their devotees who surrender and worship them with their heart and soul. After passing some happy days in Baba's company, the Pitale family came to the Dwarakamayi to take Baba's leave to depart. Baba gave them Udi and blessings and called Mr. Pitale close by and said to him - "Bapu, I had given you before, Rs. two, now I give you Rs. three; keep these in your shrine for worship and you will be benefited." Mr. Pitale accepted these as Prasad, prostrated himself again before Baba and prayed for His blessings. A thought arose in his mind, that as that was his first trip to Shirdi, he could not understand what Baba meant, when He said that He had given Rs. two previously. He was curious to have this mystery solves, but Baba kept

silent. SSG: Sai Ram. Baba always had His own methods of solving such questions and doubts. When He willed it, nobody could ask or answer such questions. Sai Ram. SSS: When Mr. Pitale returned to Bombay, he narrated to his old mother all that had happened at Shirdi and the mystery about Baba's giving him Rs. two formerly. The mother also did not understand the mystery, but, thinking seriously about that, she was reminded of an old incident, which solved the mystery. She said to her son - "As you now went to Sai Baba with your son, so had your father done when he took you to Akkalkot, for the darshan of the Maharaj there many years ago. That Maharaj

was also a Siddha, Perfect Yogi, omniscient and liberal. Your father was pure, devout and his worship was accepted. He then gave your father Rs. two for being kept in the shrine and worshiped. Your father worshiped them accordingly till his death, but thereafter the worship was neglected and the rupees were lost. After some years the memory of these two rupees also disappeared and now, as you are very fortunate, the Akkalkotkar Maharaj has appeared to you in the form of Sai Baba just to remind you of your duties and worship, and to ward off all dangers. Now beware henceforth, leave off all doubts and bad thoughts, follow your ancestors and behave well; go on worshiping the family gods and the rupees, appraise properly and take pride in the blessing of the Saints. Sai Samartha has kindly revived the spirit of Bhakti in you, cultivate it your benefit." Hearing the remarks of the mother, Mr. Pitale was very much delighted. He came to know, and was convinced about the

all-pervasiveness of Baba and the significance of His darshan. From that time he became very careful about his behavior. SSG: Sai Ram. In an earlier chapter, when Ruttonji Wadia went to Shirdi and Baba told him that He had already received Rs. 3 and 14 Annas from him, he could not understand immediately. But then Sri Dasganu could understand after some thinking and by Sai's grace that He was one with the Mouli Saheb (Porter Saint). Similarly here too, Pitale's mother could recollect the earlier visit of Pitale's father to Sri Akkalkot Maharaj and we also read other stories of Oneness of Sai with Akkalkot Swami Samartha. Sai Ram. S.V.Swamy Author, Editor and Book Reviewer www..freewebs.com/swamyreviews www.freewebs.com/svswamy --------------------------- 9.

ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES "sudha vohra" sudha_vohra Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:19:53 +0530 Khel raha ha jo tu sai mere apne is khilone se royega ek din tu bhi jab awaz na ayegi iske rone ki ek din yahi to tera pyara tha sai jise tune bare pyar se sanvara tha sai itna bhi taras na aaya tujhe sai ab kiya bigrega tera iske rone se kitna pukara tha isne sai mere mat khel itna is se mitti hi to hai kabhi

idhar giraya kabhi udhar giraya ab kiyon rota hai iske toot jane se khatam hua yeh khel tere sai naya khilona tujhe mil jayega khelna us se bhi ji bhar kar tu sai chain milega tujhe shayad use bhi rulane se - Sudha ----- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: r.raghu1947 On Dec 20, 2007 6:26 AM Sairam, Really awesome. Very interesting. Please continue to send E-magazine –“The Glory of Shirdi Sai”. Thank you Raghunathan ---------------- sudha_vohra Dec 20, 2007 1:12 PM Jai Sai ram, Please accept my heartily congratulation to all Saidarbar group members for entering in to tenth year of Saidarbar group and glory of Shri Sai into sixth year. I must thankful and grateful to all the members who are doing good job to satisfy Sai devotees and give them the knowledge about Sai Satcharita in a simple way. Especially Sai baba's philosophy and I never forget to read experience's of Sai devotees. Sudha vohra ------------------ You can also read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: (HINDI) Title: Shirdi Sai The Supreme Author: Dr. S. P. Ruhela Diamond Pocket Books, Sai Divine Research Centre 126 Sector 37, Faridabad - 121 003 ------------- Title: Truth in Controversies about Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Author: S. P. Ruhela Indian Publishers Distributors, Sai Divine Research Centre 126 Sector 37, Faridabad - 121 003 --------------------- Title: Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Author: Prof. S. P. Ruhela Diamond Pocket Books, Sai Divine Research Centre 126 Sector 37,

Faridabad - 121 003 ------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be

returned. -------- 13. EDITORIAL. Things impressed me from this magazine: Prayer is the vehicle that conveys man to the Divine presence. Prayer sanctifies the mind. "The formless Absolute is my Father, and God with form is my Mother." God reveals Himself in the form which His

devotee loves most. His love for the devotee knows no bounds. From The Editor’s Desk: Every passing moment is drawing close to a year and racing towards the dawn of a New year-2008. Saidarbar team prays Lord Sainath to shower His blessings on all HIS devotees and wish it’s readership a very prosperous new year ahead. On this day we once again rededicate ourselves in the cause of spreading Shirdi Sai’s philosophy. We derive our strength from your support rendered in the past and look forward for the continuation of the same. Let us make a beginning with a positive bent of

mind that wisdom shall prevail and wish that Peace, Prosperity and Progress shall come to all. -Raghu Raman Satulury Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar We shall put in our best efforts

to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the Bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting e-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Submitted by: SAI SEVAK SRINIVASA RAO KASTURI. Saidarbar-Hyderabad-India. P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. -------------

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.