IndiaDivine.org

Animal Farm

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

AUM SAI RAM

Thursday 8th March 2007, we are celebrating International Women's Day; it is also Guru Day and we have mixed kirtans at our Centre. What message does Guru Baba have for us?

The guest speaker today is Brother Nathoo, the Chairman of the National Sai Council. To the utter dismay of all our women folk, Brother Nathoo, talks about animals and not a single word about these beautiful creatures called women! He tells us about Our Sweet Lord's message for Xmas and His visit to Africa; he reminds us that Baba has said that to-day animals are behaving like human beings and human beings are acting like animals. We should all Sai bhaktas strive to remain humans and also to teach by our exemplary life that from animals we have upgraded to humans and not vice versa.

The next day, we have our weekly yoga class; some sisters are still resentful about the discourse of Brother Nathoo. So, I intervene to calm down the heated spirits:

"There is a message from Our Sweet Lord in the Brother's discourse, ladies! Aren't we doing the cobra posture, the oonth (camel) posture, the fish…the dog posture when we pant like the dog and the bawra when we hum in prayanna (breathing)?- I gather Baba means that animals are perfect because they know when to eat, when to sleep and when to mate."

Then one lady breaks in tears as she tells us how a young woman who is living with her and her husband under their roof and as her foster daughter has stolen her husband.

"This would not have happen to us if I had fostered a dog!" she adds.

Nishaabd! Lost in translation!

At the Lotus Feet of Sai

Anita