IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 10-2007 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Fifth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 10/2007 10-05-2007 You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent ------------------- GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 11. TELUGU

SECTION 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 13. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. How to cultivate devotion - Quotations from “Gnaneshwari.” Baba used to ask His devotees to read Gnaneshwari. There is no fall for his (who has not reached perfection) either here or hereafter. None who does good ever comes to

grief. There he regains his knowledge of the previous birth and with that he strives for perfection with greater vigor than before. Thinking of whatever object one leaves the body at the time of death that alone he attains, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof. He, who leaves his body thinking of ME alone, even at the time death, attains MY state. There is no

doubt about it. Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu To be continued… --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: May 1913: waman Rao Patel (Swami Sharanandji) visited Shirdi again and this time he stayed for eleven months. May 1917: Lokmanya Bala Gangadhar Tilak arrived at Shridi with Dada Saheb Khaparde for having Baba's dharshan. May 1990: Foundation stone was laid for Sai Baba Bhaktha Niwas Sthan in Shiridi. ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. FEBRUARY-1995: 15-02-1995 I expressed to Sai that I am not able to understand the essence of Sai Satcharita even though I am going through the exercise of regular parayana. Sai presented me with visual- Cultivate the habit of reading Satcharitra, assigning the role of a Sai devotee. Then only chances are bright that one might end up as a participant in the whole process. Satcharitra will then have the desired impact on the heart. Imagine and experience every role of Satcharitra to understand the essence of Satcharitra. 16-02-1995 Sai gave the following messages for addressing HIS devotees in the Satsangh. Share the coconuts broken in the name of God with all the fellow devotees rather than storing them in a refrigerator for self-consumption at a later date. It is important to Serve cold water to a guest

immediately on arrival during the mid summer day, rather than thinking in which container to serve. Every act has to be timed properly. 22-02-1995 I prayed Baba to give me a message. The breeze from the ocean of Sai is of same magnitude and reach the rich and poor all alike. The taste of strawberries is the same, irrespective of the person eating them. The divine grace of SAI is uniform to all. To be continued….. ---- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 29. Is Samsara Really Necessary? One day Nana Saheb Chandorkar bowed to Sri Sai Baba and asked – ‘Enough of this Samsara for me. Samsara is

really ‘Nissara’. Break its fetters off from me. What first seems to be joy is seen to be but sorrow at the end. Fate leads us to a nice dance here and there. I cannot discover even a bit of happiness in this Samsara. I am quite disgusted. I do not wish to touch it any further’. Baba explained to Nana- ‘What crazy and delusive talk is yours. There is some truth in it, but mixed up with error. As long as the body remains, Samsara remains. None escapes it. How can you? Samsara is of various sorts. It is like the surface of the body. Kama, Krodha etc and any mixture of these is Samsara. All mental and bodily process is Samsara. The contact of any two things is Samsara. By going away to a forest, can you escape Samsara? Your present condition has been brought about by yourself. What is the use of irritation at it? This deha – prarabhda is the result of Karma done by you in your former births. This body was therefore born. The Jiva takes birth in body to work out former Karma. Without suffering the results of Prarabhda Karma, you cannot get rid of it. All persons, all creatures differ in form. Why? That is because of previous Karma of each. Difference between the rich men’s dog sitting on a sofa and the poor man’s dog running about in search of food. That is the Deha Prarabhda To be continued….. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA The Gayatri Mantra Goddess Gayatri Mother of the Vedas The Gayatri mantra is one of the oldest and most powerful of Sanskrit mantras. It is believed that by chanting the Gayatri mantra and firmly establishing it in the mind, if you carry on your life and do the work that is ordained for you, your life will be full of

happiness. The word "Gayatri" itself explains the reason for the existence of this mantra. It has its origin in the Sanskrit phrase Gayantam Triyate iti, and refers to that mantra which rescues the chanter from all adverse situations that may lead to mortality. Goddess Gayatri is also called "Veda-Mata" or the Mother of the Vedas — Rig, Yajur, Saam and Atharva — because it is the very basis of the Vedas. It is the basis, the reality behind the experienced and the cognized universe. The Gayatri mantra is composed of a metre consisting of 24 syllables — generally arranged in a triplet of eight syllables each. Therefore, this particular meter (tripadhi) is also known as the Gayatri Meter or "Gayatri Chhanda." The Mantra Aum Bhuh Bhuvah Svah Tat Savitur Varenyam Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi Dhiyo Yo nah Prachodayat ~ The Rig Veda (10:16:3) The Meaning "O thou existence Absolute, Creator of the three dimensions, we contemplate upon thy divine light. May He stimulate our intellect and bestow upon us true knowledge." Or simply, "O Divine mother, our hearts are filled with darkness. Please make this darkness distant from us and promote illumination within us." NEWS www.ions.org RISHIKESH,

INDIA, April 14, 2007: (HPI note: The following press release is from Parmarth Niketan.) Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji (Muniji), President and Spiritual Head of Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Rishikesh (Himalayas), India is a highlighted speaker at the major conference organized by the Institute of Noetic Sciences, called Consciousness in Action, from the August 9 to 12, 2007 in Palm Springs, California. The conference brings together dozens of scientists, visionaries and yogis. Pujya Swamiji will discuss the most important foundation of global transformation: becoming the change we want to see in the world. ---------- Sairama Prasad sainamasapthaha On 4/27/07 INVITATION 8th Anniversary Celebrations AKHANDA SAI NAMA SAPTHA SAPTHAHA & DAILY ANNA PRASADA FROM 26-08-2007 TO 14-10-2007 Blessed Sai

Bandhus, To commemorate Baba's presence (In flesh and Blood) as an ascetic on 09-09-2000, It is scheduled to conduct 8th Anniversary Celebrations and Akhanda Sai Nama Saptha Sapthaha & Daily Anna Prasada Non-stop chanting of Baba's Taraka Mantra "Om Sai Sri Sai Jaya Jaya Sai" for 1176 hours From Sunday 26th August 2007 11.00 a.m to Sunday 14th October 2007 , 11.00 a.m. Email: saissvs Website: www.saissvs.org --------------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: From the Files of Saidarbar "Shoba Sridhar”: shobasri Sairam, I am a follower of Shirdi Sai and I would like to share one of my experiences that put a dramatic change in our life. Last year from August, I was laid off for four months after six years of service in a reputed company. That shattered my faith and hope of existence in this country, and constantly I prayed to Baba, and even thought about going back to India. At that time Uncle Saibanisaji used to advise

that Baba is aware of my situation and He is presenting a good opportunity. I could not believe, as we started spending from our savings. On the Thursday 19th December last year, I had a dream of Shirdi Sai, which I vividly remember even now. It was early morning around 2 am or so. I was walking with lot of people in a spiritualistic place, and someone shows me the footprints on the grass, saying that Baba has walked through this way. And he says, if I want to see Shirdi Sai, I must take that path and follow. I go through that path, and it leads me to a big tree with lot of branches and huge shade

underneath. I see people walking around in circle of the tree, where a big tomb is kept. The tomb tops is open and see the body of Shirdi Sai lying there. His structure looks wooden and as if He has been therein that state lifeless. When I approach his body, to touch for Blessings, suddenly Sai wakes up and throws a wood or something at me angrily saying "You wanted this, take it" and immediately .His angry face turned into a smile, with His teeth showing and wrinkles in eyes. This is happening while all the people of going around in circles. I was startled and woke up suddenly. Exactly one week later, I was called for an interview and was placed in a position in Chicago by a company, amidst confusion of pay, visa etc. I started working from there, and continuing with His Grace, moved my family etc. I am now under the strong influence of Sai that nothing happens without His will, and if we have full faith in Him and worship, there will always be constant happiness and peace in our lives. Thank you, Sairam. -------------------------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpgSmt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. A FRUIT TREE A long time ago there was a village where many people lived. Outside the village there was a large, magnificent looking tree. It was always laden with colorful luscious fruits. The travelers were always tempted to eat these inviting fruits. But whoever tasted the fruit of the tree fell unconscious after some time. The village folk knew about these poisonous fruits. They never went near the tree. But there were four crooked

persons in the village. They had never done an honest day's work in their lives. When they saw how the travelers lost their consciousness after eating these fruits, they thought up a crooked scheme. That way they would get rich quickly by looting these unfortunate persons. They dug up a pit under the massive roots of the tree and covered it with shrubs so that no one would discover the pit. They would sit there and wait for some unfortunate rich traveler to come and lose all his money to them. The tree proved a boon to them. Soon they all became rich. The simple village folk wondered how they got their wealth. Once they used to live in hovels. Now they had grand houses. They dressed in costly clothes. When they were asked the secret of their prosperity they all evaded the question. Nobody could guess that they had amassed their wealth from the tree of the poisonous fruits. One day a large number of merchants passed that way. When they

saw the large tree with its comforting shade and mouth – watering fruits, they decided to take rest under the tree. Now, the four hidden crooks were watching them from their secret hideout under the tree. Their joy knew no bounds. So many rich merchants with all their gold and silver and rich merchandise! They had superb horses too. Now they, instead of their owners, would ride these magnificent horses. The whole village would watch them with eyes of wonder. The evil men waited with eager hearts for the merchants to eat the fruits and fall unconscious. Soon these merchants started plucking the fruits. They collected them in a heap. Now they prepared themselves to enjoy these wonderful fruits. Just then another merchant happened to arrive there on his horse. All the merchants welcomed him and invited him to share the fruits with them. He looked at the fruits and then at the tree and finally at them. Then he asked them with contempt in his

voice if they were all mad. The merchants were stunned. They asked him why he said so. So he told them that the fruits were poisonous. How could that be! The merchant had not tasted them. How could he speak with such authority? The merchant explained, "My friends, you are all merchants. You are supposed to be very intelligent and discerning. Don't you see that the tree is just outside the village? If these fruits had been edible, do you think the village children would have left even one fruit on the tree for you to eat? The fact that they are still on the tree means there is something wrong with them. Use your brains, men, and don't touch these dangerous fruits!" The merchants were impressed with the logic of his words. Their eyes were opened. The merchant saved them from a possible tragedy. They all thanked the man and invited him to become their leader. Such a leader would always be a great help to them. Then they all decided that the tree was

dangerous for future travelers. So they all hacked the tree till it fell on the ground. The four crooked men, hidden in the pit under the tree had to run away. They were broken-hearted. The source of their easy wealth was destroyed by the wise merchant. -------------- 8. SPIRITUAL GEMS FROM SAI SATCHARITRA swamymain On 4/22/07 Shama Cured of Snake-Bite SSS: Before Hemadpant begins the story, he says about the Jiva that it can be very well compared with a parrot, and that they both are bound, the one in the body and the other in a cage. Both think that their present bound state is good for them. It is only when a Helper, i.e., Guru comes and by God's grace opens their eyes

and liberates them from their bondage, that their eyes are opened to a greater and larger life, compared to which their former limited life is nothing. SSG: Sai Ram. Like a frog in the well thinks that its well is the greatest in the world, in fact, there is nothing beyond its well, the ego (Jeevatma, the amsa of Paramatma) thinks that its present state is good, and even when it is not good, doesn't want to change. And even if it wants to change, it simply wants to move from one well to another, one cage to another, one bondage to another - does not want drastic changes which will really set it free once and for all time. Sai Ram. SSS: In the last Chapter, it was shown how Baba anticipated the calamity that was to befall on Mr. Mirikar and rescued him from it. Now let the readers hear a story grander than that. Once Shama was bitten by a poisonous snake. His little finger of the hand was stung and the poison began to spread into the body. The pain was also severe and Shama thought that he would pass off soon. His friends wanted to take him to the God Viroba, where such cases were often sent, but Shama ran to the Dwarakamai -- to His Viroba (Sai Baba). SSG: Sai Ram. Shama was not considered as arguably the greatest devotee of Baba for

nothing. His faith in his Deva (that is how he used to address Sai) was absolute and it is said, "Yad bhavam, tad bhavathi". As per one's thought the result. And in this case, as in others, his faith in his God was amply rewarded. Sai also sent Shama as His representative. Sai Ram. SSS: When Baba saw him, He began to scold and abuse. He got enraged and said - "Oh vile Bhaturdya (Priest) do not climp up. Beware if you do so!" and then roared - "Go, Get away, Come down." Seeing Baba thus red with wrath, Shama was greatly puzzled and disappointed. He thought that the Dwarakamai was his home and Sai Baba his sole Refuge, but if he was driven away like this, where should he go? He lost all hope of life and kept silent. After a time Baba became normal and calm when Shama went up and sat near. Then Baba said to him - "Don't be afraid, don't care a jot, the Merciful Fakir will save you, go and sit quiet at home, don't go out, believe in Me and remain fearless and have no anxiety". Then he was sent home. Immediately afterwards, Baba sent Tatya Patil and Kakasaheb Dixit to him with instructions to the effect that he should eat what he liked, should move in the home, but should not lie down and sleep. Needless to say that these instructions were acted upon and Shama got all-right in a short time. The only thing to be remembered in this connection is this - the words of Baba (or the five syllabled Mantra, viz, `Go, Get away, Come down') were not addressed to Shama - as it apparently looked - but they were a direct order to the snake and its poison not to go up and circulate through Shama's body. Like others well -versed in Mantrashastra, He had not to use any incantation, charged rice or water etc. His words only were most efficacious in

saving the life of Shama. Any one, hearing this story and other similar ones, will beget firm faith in the Feet of Sai Baba, and the only way to cross the ocean of Maya is to remember ever the Feet of Baba in the heart. SSG: Sai Ram. Though Shama was puzzled, he did not go away from Baba's presence nor did he berate Baba for abusing him like this in his hour of need. Sraddha and Saburi, faith and patience respectively and surrender to one's God / Guru is very important and is nicely illustrated by this and other stories. In fact, the aim of these stories is to inculcate the faith of sadhakas like us in Sai Sadguru. Sai Ram. Not only Shama, but all of us are bitten by the snake of desire

(Kama) and only the Panchakshari of Sai will keep the poison from increasing and our observing his instructions of being awake (spiritually) and walking on the spiritual path, will make the snake poison go out of our system. And soon, Maya will also leave us and we get illumined. Sai Ram We will continue with this chapter in the next few weeks. Sai Ram. S.V.Swamy Author, Editor, Proof-Reader and Book

Reviewer www.freewebs.com/swamyreviews ----- 9. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES: vasuki_mahal On 5/5/07 FEW WORDS TO RELIEVE DISTRESS Once upon a time, the great Shah of Persia decided to have a special jewel-encrusted ring made for his personal wear. On the ring, he wanted to engrave a few words which would always give him comfort in times of distress. He offered a huge reward to any one of his subjects who would suggest the best words of wisdom to him for this purpose. Many people came forward with their suggestions, but none of them were to the king’s liking. In the mean while, a dervish visited the palace. The king places his query before the holy man. To this, the dervish replied, “O king! Let me tell you the words that have always given great

comfort and solace to me in times of sorrow. Those words are – “This too shall pass!” The words so touched the heart of the king that he had them engraved on his ring. Whenever any sad or difficult experience came his way, he would just look at the ring and read those words. Immediately, his heart would be filled with a new spirit of courage and faith. N. Sivanandam -------------------- 10. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: shyamala_aruri2000 On 5/3/07 Om SaiRam, I am very much happy in receiving this E-magazine. I have a lot of faith in Baba. Baba has saved me from many difficult situations but I am not understanding that why He is delaying me in giving a good job. I have completed my engineering all my batch mates are settled it’s me still searching for job. I hope that Baba will give me a good job. Shyamala

Aruri --------- murali_rani2000 On 5/4/07 Sai Ram Its immense pleasure to correspond with Sai Devotees like you .U R doing excellent job and u will have great future ahead. Regards Muralidhar ------------------- Response for “The Glory of Shirdi Sai” E- Magazine in the 3d page turning NEW FORMAT pratappatni2003 On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:44:53 40500 Excellent! This is so informative I already love it. Keep it up. Pratap Patni. ---------- shyam_vidya On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 23:12:17 40500 The E- magazine is excellent Vidya ------------------ balas525 On Fri, 06 Apr

2007 12:12:01 40500 Om Sri Sairam. Thank you very much for this wonderful spiritual service. May our Lord Sai continue to shower His Gift of Grace on you in all your endeavors. Jai Sai Ram Bala. ------------ vnk_nagu On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:34:16 40500 It is very good. With the blessings of Sri Sai Baba our magazine will reach to all Saibandhus. Thank you keep it up. Nagu ---------- kharish9 On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 01:45:20 40500 Jai SaiRam, thanks for regular sending mail of ''Sai Darbar', to see the page we

feeling that -just Pujaya SaiBaba is living with us. 'UNKA DARSHAN KARKE HAM DHANYA HO JATE HAI'' Harish Khambhayta --------- mahesh_desai On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:06:40 40500 Good presentation.... thanks Mahesh Desai ------------------- praveenkumarpasupula Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:09:22 40500 It’s excellent!! My favorite god is Sai. Thanks allot dear team to create this.... Praveen Kumar Pasupula ------------------------------- You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 11. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aartis in Telugu: http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/PDFS/pdfs.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar & saidarbar ----------------------------- 12. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: Title: Our Guru-God Shirdi Sai Baba Author: Sai Ananda Shirdi Sai Baba Satang, KBRS Building, Kamaraj Road Bangalore – 560 042 ------------- Title: My Life with Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Avatar Author: Shivamma Thayee Sai Age Publications Prof. S. P. Ruhela Sai Divine Research Centre 126 Sector 37 Faridabad – 121 003 --------------------- Title: The Divine Treasury of Shri Sai Baba Author: Prof. B. M. Patel, Ms. K. B. Patel & Ms. G. B. Patel ‘Sai Shraddha’ 11 Chunibhai Colony Kankaria Near Old Pilot Diary Ahmedabad 380 022 ------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. -------- SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD: Please visit our Website: http://www.saidarbar.org and give your valuable suggestions for its improvements. Saidarbar members would like to convey hearty thanks to the websites which has uploaded Saibanisa’s discourses Audio C.Ds in http://www.omsrisai.net You can download Audio: Sri Sai Satcharithra (In English Language) Sri Sai Satcharithra by chapters (In English Language) Sri Sai Satcharithra (In Telugu Language) Sai Satcharithra by chapters (In Telugu Language) Sri Guru

Charithra (In English Language) Sri Guru Charithra by chapters (In English Language) Request Sri Sai Satcharithra CD (English and Telugu Language Available) Saibanisa’s discourses (Telugu) From http://www.saiaudio.com/sairam/index.htm --------------------- 13. EDITORIAL. Things impressed me from this magazine: Thinking of whatever object one leaves the body at the time of death that alone he attains, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof. He, who leaves his body thinking of ME alone, even at the time death, attains MY state. There is no

doubt about it. Jiva that it can be very well compared with a parrot, and that they both are bound, the one in the body and the other in a cage. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of Shirdi Sai" – they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar with a copy marked to webmaster We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting e-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation only. Submitted by Sai Sevak: Srinivasa Rao

Kasturi Saidarbar—HYDERABAD--INDIA P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. ------------

Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to download CHAT? Here's a solution!