IndiaDivine.org

Ganesh Kantha Mala

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Narasimhaye,

Ganesha always helps in removing self doubts and creates ways for us from difficult situations to move forward. It all depends on how we submit ourself. Once we let him take over the reins of our life, there is no looking back.

But this is not easy as he takes his time and tests us to know if we are really serious in our trust and once this trust is established our complete mindset is changed over a period of time. Sometimes the signposts are very visible and sometimes very subtle and after many years we discover that it was due to the grace of Ganesha we could overcome a particular difficult time or obstacle.

I just realized something about a particular phase of my life some 15-16 years back, while writing this message to you. It was during Rahu Mahadasha ( a very difficult period of time for me) that I used to frequent a Ganesha temple. For me this is a signpost to know that I was then under his care ( unknowingly) and managed to scrape through that period of time.

I was told by a very close family friend to visit this temple to actually pray to Sri Dakshinamurthy for help in studies, who was also enshrined there. Ganesha was the main diety of the temple and I developed a very loving bond with him during this period which continues till today.

Coming back to the present, Do you recommend to have a 108 bead java 8 Mukhi mala over a Ganesh Kantha if current finances cannot afford a Kantha mala of Nepalese beads.

Also another query that came up while I was looking in to the Kantha mala's is that there are some Mala's with woolen spacer's in between. I thought the silver mala and capping helps in distributing the energies of the rudraksha beads in a balanced way.

However with woolen spacers, which I believe act as insulators, how will the energies be evenly distributed?

Also to avoid multiple post, Dhanyavaad for the link to the Ayurvedic website regarding the Kapha dosha, it is very informative.

Jai Ganesha