IndiaDivine.org

shani shankh (conch shell)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Vishal,

Here's a picture of Shani Shankh:

Exerpted details about shankh is below:

The sea shell which open towards left hand are commonly available but rare the seashells which open towards Right Side. Shells are obtained from the water-animals especially form snails, which live in the seas. Dakshina means the south side or when holding the sankh , Right Side. Therefore it is called Dakshinavarti Shankh. Dakshinavarti Shankh is available in white colour and with brown lines on it. Dakshinavarti Shankh is the symbol of Ma Lakshmi.

Ordinarily the conches are Vamvarti i.e their bulge opening towards left side. Some shells are Dakshinvarti, their bulge opening towards the right side i.e facing south and even their sprial lines run towards the right . South is the direction of Kuber, the God of wealth, Tantrik Shastra has given great importance ot such types of shells. Dakshinvarti shells are very reare and are found only in a very few palces . Their sizes differ, starting form the size of a wheat gram ot as large as coconut. Mostly these shells ar available only at Kenya Kumari. A completely white coloured-one is very rearely found.Dakshina varti shankh not only bring wealth but also purifies the atmosphere.

As many conches are also used for tantric purposes, some sellers send information on how to perforrm rituals/ puja methods for installing or using the shankh.. Try this one:

http://www.sarnam.com/dakshinawarti.asp

Om Bholenath

, "Vishal Sharma" <vsharma wrote:>> Dear All,> > Can anybody tell me, what is Shani Shankh (CONCH) and what kind of sadhna is to be done with that? How it is useful in appeasing Lord Shani?> > Best Regards,> > Vishal Sharma>