IndiaDivine.org

To Gn / Polkas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Gn,

How lovely that you mum is visiting you at present and felt tremendous peace of mind when you did a puja for Ganesh. As with all deities, they don't require elaborate pujas if the devotee is inexperienced. They don't require complicated rituals either. Most important of all is belief, faith and pure heart. They hear our prayers.

Lord Ganapati who is said to be closest to the human realm, hears prayers quicker than other gods.

Its fine that due to your work shift systems you can't adhere to puja times to be the same all the time. Just perform them whenever you are free.

Below is a simple puja method that can be applied for puja to all gods. You might want to print it out for keeping or create a folder for storing information from this group so you would find easy access whenever you need to look something up in the future.How to do Simple Puja A simple how to do deity worship:

• First purify your body and start with a clear and positive frame of mind.

• Place the deity idol/frame in a plate.

• In a pot put few drops of Gangajal and fill it with fresh water.

• Now offer some water on deity idol chanting deity's name or mantra.

• Offer small amount of Gomutra and Honey.

• Now again offer water mixed with Gangajal.

• Now lift the idol, wipe it with a soft cloth and place it in the altar.

• Apply these items one by one as a 'Tilak':

Haldi, Kumkum, Abir, Gulal, Gopi chandan, and Sandal paste and few rice grains.

• Light incense and diya.

• Offer a small amount of itra by taking it in a cotton.

• Now, offer the dry fruits, candy sugar, betel nuts, clove, cardamom, Haldi. (You may take a small quantity from each of the packets).

• Now, you may tie a small piece of holy thread around your hand.

• Now, light a oil lamp and do Aarti. You may also burn a few pieces of camphor separately in the Aarti plate.

• After the Aarti, distribute the deity offerings (dry fruits and candy sugar) to your family and friends. /showarticles.php?artid=21

Jai Ganesh!

, "gnepdoc" <gnepdoc wrote:>> Namaste,> Gust need your guidence regarding pooja ritual.> Yesterday I did puja of Ganesh yantra. Nothing elaborate- kept it in my altar ( which is a very small one).> lit a dhoop and my tea candle. The whole room lit up and there was an immence peace of mind felt by my dear mum who is visiting me at present.> Unfortunately the whole thing lasted for just few hours.> I wanted your teams advice about puja rituals. Unfortunately due to my shift systems I cannot adher to fixed time /day.> > Thank you in advance> GN>