IndiaDivine.org

Reasons for The Lord's incarnations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In the Bhagawad Geetha, I shall mention one problem that might confront you therein. Krishna declares, "Samoham Sarvabhuutheshu" - "I am equal in all beings. I behave equally with all. I have no love or hate, no partiality or prejudice. Joy and grief are brought on by you on yourselves, not by me on you, through attachment or want of it." When such is His declaration a doubt may arise in your minds: Why did He also announce that He would be incarnating in every age, in order to foster the good and punish the wicked? How is it that He talks of good and bad men? Does it not mean that He likes some and dislikes other? Are not all parts of Him? Are not the waves parts of the ocean?Yes. All are parts of Him. The hand is yours; the fingers are yours; the nails are yours. Why then do you pare and trim the nails? Urine and faeces are in you, of you, but

yet you have to get rid of them, to maintain health. Under certain circumstances, one has to cut off a limb in order to save the body. In fact, the Kauravas were dangerous viruses that had caused a spreading wound; Krishna had to operate them off, through major surgery, with Arjuna as His 'assistant operator,' in order to save the 'body politic' of Bhaarath.When one is sunk in the slime of 'desire' one cannot distinguish with clarity between 'good' and 'bad.' In order to achieve this, the intellect has to be pure and clear, sharp and straight. There should not be the slightest trace of egotism, envy or greed in the make-up of man; for these will drag the arguments at a tangent. Vacillating minds, wandering eyes - these cannot help the intellect to decide correctly.From Bhagawan's Birthday Discourse in Prashanthi Nilayam, 23 Nov 1973.

Om Sai Ram