Sai Vichaar for Thursday Jan 07, 2010

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sai Vichaar

Sai Vichaar

www.saibaba.org

Thursday, Jan 07, 2010 :: Volume 12, Issue 35

(In its twelfth year of publication.)

Sai Vichaar is a Weekly newsletter distributed every Thursday and is devoted to the life, philosophy and teachings of Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your interested associates in its original form. This is a post-it email only, any replies to this email will be ignored. To contact us please see information at the bottom of this newsletter.

IN THIS ISSUE:

FEATURE OF THE WEEK

CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE

DEVOTEES SAY

PRAYER CLUB

EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES

QUOTATION OF THE WEEK

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

SAI ACTIVITIES

FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD

Tip of the Week:

"OM SAI BOLO,OM SAI BOLO in Sai Smaran" --N K Srinivasan.

FEATURE OF THE WEEK: Sai devotees and Karma

Sri Saibaba apparently explained the nuances in topics related to Karma to Sri Chandorkar, this has been one of the subjects on which Sri Dasganu Maharaj wrote during his days when Sri Sai was alive. Sri Dasganu's writings in Bhakta Leelamrit and Sant Katamrit have been translated into English and published. Sri Sai Gurucharitra, one such version written by Sri SVL in Telugu and translated into English was serialized published in Sai Vichaar as Contributed Article several months ago. Several examples in Sri Sai Satcharitha depict the interference of Sri Saibaba in devotees' lives to destroy the perils of so called "karma". Actually, the comment regarding fruition of flowers on the tree made by Sri Saibaba to Hemadpant is perhaps refers to the question regarding the benefits one could get from a Saint of Sri Sai's caliber, not just fulfillment of desires by Baba. One fact remains the same that only a fraction of the fraction of millions drawn to Sri Saibaba were able to receive "that" which Baba wanted to give. Baba said that he would fulfill the desires of those who come to him until they are ready and ask for what Baba wanted to give them. Towards the end of His physical life, Baba woefully lamented that people did not really care to receive what he wanted to give. Regarding the effects of Karma, consequences of actions of past birth and the effects of actions in the present life, for a Sai child it should be enough to stay cognizant that Baba will take care of the welfare of His children, fulfill the desires as He desires and will do what is best for His child. It is perhaps not sensible to worry over things like karma and praaptha, but be more concerned about constantly remembering Baba amidst the temptation of life and living. Baba said, "What is yours will stay with you and what is others will stay with themselves". While many material references can be drawn to this saying of Baba, what is truly ours should be our intense love, devotion and surrender to Sri Saibaba at His terms and not at ours. As long as one is grounded in this fact, his actions will be such that there will not be any apprehension due to consequences of an action.

CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE: Baba's Universal Appeal

Recently I have come across many Sai Baba devotees who profess not to eat meat and ask others to become vegetarian because of their faith and belief in Sai Baba. Firstly I must say that Baba requested everyone not to preach about how we should or should not worship him. According to a very prominent chapter in the Sai Satcharita, Sai has requested that people be allowed to serve him as they see fit and we should not adopt any 'holier than thou ' attitude towards others- so recently when I heard that a 'guru' mentioned to people to abstain from eating meat on account of Sai Baba I was rather surprised- the Sai Baba that we all know and love enjoyed 'mutton palao' and actually made it with his own hands. Sai Baba is tolerant of all and he has preached no hard and fast rules for anyone. All who have read the Sai Satcharita will agree with me of just how tolerant he was of everyone's views, and ideologies. These traits of his are what really endears

him to all and helps us in turn to be more understanding of opinions and views of others. If one wishes to abstain from eating meat that is their desire and not because Sai has told him to do so -the beauty of Sai Baba's teachings are their simple yet profound nature. Baba sees man not for who he is but for what he is -religion with him was always an identity and he taught of one God that is father to us all. In the notes he left behind he asked us never to fast as he rightfully maintained 'God is not available on an empty stomach' this is so true cause if one is hungry you will find that your concentration is low. In this same way Baba teaches us so much in order to make us all better citizens of tomorrow -every moral and lesson is valuable and we take it away in the true spirit of being Sai Baba devotees. This article is written solely because I feel that Sai Baba devotees should take decisions (like the one mentioned above) reason out what they feel and what their heart desires-Sai is always there for us and all decisions taken with care and concern for ourselves and others will fructify and our faith will grow stronger. -

(Contributed by Havovi Medora: Source: SV Vol 11:50)

DEVOTEES SAY:

Suresh

Dear Sairam, as wished I am posting this message to say my thanks to Baba for the blessings and grace shown on healing my Grandmother's health and extending my current job. This would not have been possible without your grace. Please shower your blessings on all of us and please take care of us all the times.

Nazneen

Om Sairam, BABA thank you very much for my Visa to UK. I was very tensed for the same, as you are aware. I prayed to BABA with whole heart for this and on Thursday I received a positive news from Embassy. BABA, thank you very much for this. Please keep you merciful hand on us always.Thank you again

PRAYER CLUB:

Sai devotee

Baba, give me the strength to survive all the obstacles and hazards on my way and please help me in my current position to find a job. Help me to become a better person day after day and show me the ways to be helpful to everyone around me. With your blessings bestowed on me I am confident enough to survive any situation

Sai devotee

Sai Baba, please get rid of my financial crisis. Please bless my nephew to get the job here. Please bless me to set up a business here in this country. Baba, please accept my humble prayer and shower thy grace on us.

Sai devotee

My Dear Baba! My daughter is anticipating a good change and to her choice in job after almost three years Request please bless her the way you wish her to do and see that she is blessed with your kind blessings to achieve her goal

Sai devotee

Baba your child is requesting you for help in getting my family back together very soon. I know you are with me and guiding. I thank you totally from bottom of my heart for helping me in tough times and I pray that I can worship Sai Baba more passionately and lovingly, and give me "Shraddha and Saburi" for which I need Baba's blessings. Sai Baba please always have my family and me protected under your lotus feet. Baba you are my only refuge. I also ask Baba to bless all His devotes and help them.

BM

Baba my son is suffering from a skin problem. Please make it cure only you can cure it. I am surrendering everything to your lotus feet. Bless our family with health and wealth life.

MM

My Lord Baba! Why are you angry on us. Please bail me out from this stupendous audit and get me the relocation so that I can join my wife and son before March 2010. I shall visit Shirdi at the first place to offer my self in front of you. Waiting for your mercy and blessing and save me from above

EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES:

New Delhi, India

Times Music has released a new audio CD of Bhajans of Shri Sai Baba featuring Suresh Wadkar, Sadhana Sargam, Shankar Mahadevan, Shilpa Rao,

and Sukhwinder Singh. This album features fusion music on personal relationship with Shri Shirdi Sai. The lyrics and music have been composed by

Sri C.B.Satpathy. The same is available through audio stores and Baba temples.

Nazneen

Jai Sairam, BABA I want to thank you so much for getting me the life partner of my choice. I had promised you that I will thank you on this Sai Vichar. BABA really you made the impossible thing possible. I got married with the Blessings of my Parents and family, which was not possible without your kindness. I truly believe that when the person's heart is pure, You are always with us. Thank you BABA. Please Bless us always like this and keep your kindness flow for our happy married life. Thank you BABA

QUOTATION OF THE WEEK:

"We, who are weak and without any merits, do not know what Bhakti is but we know this much, that though all others may leave us, Sai won't forsake us. Those whom He favours get enormous strength, discrimination between the Unreal and the Real and knowledge" - Sri Sai Satcharitha

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

Q: What can one know from the experiences of Prof. GG Narke with Saibaba?

A. Your answer can go here

SAI ACTIVITIES:

Sri Shirdi Sai Temple of Chicago and Suburbs, Illinois, USA

Sri Shirdi Sai temple is open daily from 8:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m.(Winter hours). Daily program includes Kakad Arathi at 8 a.m. followed by Abhisek. Madhayana Arathi at 12 noon, Dhoop Arathi at 6 p.m. and Shej Arathi at 9 p.m. Archana, Homams, Sahasranama and sponsored poojas continue in between the Arathis. To request a pooja for yourselves, your friends and family, please call. Devotees can request water (Abhishek Jal) from the Holy bathing of Baba by sending us an email or by phone. Temple is located 25 minutes drive west of Schaumburg on intersection of IL Route 47 and Plank Road in Hampshire, IL. For more information please call 847-931-4058 or send email to maildrop.

Sri Saibaba Mandir, Minneapolis, MN

Sri Saibaba Mandir is located in Minneapolis, MN at 1835 Polk St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418. The mandir is open 7 days a week in the evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm and during morning hours from 9 am to 12:30 pm, everyday. Satsangs are conducted every Sunday mornings, 9 am to 12:30 pm. Please call 612-789-7729 for more information on mandir activities, events and other information. Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW Metroplex is located at 2109 West Parker (Parker Plaza), Suite 212, Plano, TX 75023. For temple hours and activities please call the temple office at 469-467-3388.

Shirdi Sai Temple of New England, Boston Area

Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of New England is now operational. It is located at 1827 Bridge St # 8, Dracut, MA 01824. The temple is open four days from Thursday to Sunday. For temple hours and activities please visit their website.

Shirdi Sai Center in Bay Area, CA

Shirdi Sai Center is located 897-B East Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94086. For more information please call 408-705-7904 or 408-564-6704. Shirdi Saibaba temple, Los Angeles, CA

Devotees in Los Angeles area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Los Angeles area. The temple is located at - 144 South 4th Street, Montebello, CA 90640. For more information please call Krishna Samantula at 949-679-9938.

Saibaba Temple, Columbus, Ohio

Devotees in Columbus and surrounding Ohio locations area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Metro Columbus area. The temple is located in a leasing space at 6599 Dublin Center Drive, Dublin, OH 43017. Please attend daily Aaratis and Thursday bhajans. For more information please call 614-799-8411.

Shirdi Sai bhajans every Thursday at Maitland, Florida

Devotees are invited to participate in Sai study and bhajans on Thursdays between 7-8 pm at Meditation Gallery, 219 E Horatio Ave, Maitland, FL 32715. For more details please contact Bonnie at 407-830-1276.

Sri Shirdi Sai Temple of Austin, TX

Sri Shirdi Sai Temple of Austin, Texas opened at 601 E Whitestone Blvd (RM 1431), Cedar Park, TX. Daily 4 aarthis are performed to Sai Baba. As part of service to needy, a weekly sandwich seva is also conducted. Shirdi Sai Mandir, Dulles, VA

Shirdi Sai Mandir is located at 43671 Trade Center Place #166 Dulles, VA 20166. The mandir is open through the week in the evenings from 6pm to 9 pm. Sri Satyanarayan pooja will be conducted every full moon day. Please call (703) 661-4724 for more information on activities, events and other information.

Shirdi Sai Mandir, Toronto

The Mandir is located at Unit 7 & 8 2721 Markham Road Toronto ON M1X 1L5 Canada. Daily services offered to Baba include abhishek and all aartis. For Mandir hours and activities, please call 647-444-4724.

Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Sansthan, Canada -Toronto

Devotees in Toronto, are invited to join in Sai Namavali, Satcharita reading, Bhajans, Aarti and Prasad every Thursday from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. at GUR MANDIR 207 Queen's Plate Dr. Etobicoke - Hwy27 South of Finch for more info call (416) 294 4804.

Sai Mandir, Baldwin New York

Devotees in New York and surrounding locations are informed about Sri Sai Mandir in Baldwin NY. The temple is located at 1889 Grand Avenue, Baldwin, NY 11510. Please attend daily Aaratis and Thursday Panchamruta Abhishekam and bhajans. For more information please call at 516-867-8008.

Shirdi Saibaba Temple, Iselin/Edison New Jersey

Devotees in New Jersey and surrounding locations are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Iselin NJ. The temple is located at 465 Lincoln Highway (Route 27) Iselin, NJ 08830. Please attend daily Aaratis and Thursday Panchamruta Abhishekam and bhajans. For more information please call at 732-283-1800. Shirdi Saibaba Temple, Flushing New York

This temple is located near the famous Ganesh Temple, Flushing, New york. All the day-to-day rituals at the temple are being conducted in a manner similar to that in Shirdi. The temple is located at 46-16 Robinson Street Flushing,NY,USA 11355. For more information please call 718-321-9243.

Sri Sai Amruta Narayana Sarveswaraalaym, Richmond, VA

The temple is open from 5.15 am to 9.00 pm, everyday (no lunch break etc). We have all 4 aarthis every day and Baba's paalki seva on every Thursday after Dhoop Aarthi. Further information can be obtained by calling the temple at 804-708-0867.

Shirdi Sai Jalaram Mandir, Houston TX

This temple was inaugurated on August 28th 2009 with idols of both the saints Shri Sant Jalaram and Shri Shirdi Sai Baba. The temple is open for darshan and arathis all day. It is located in Sugarland and more information can be obtained by calling 281-433-4706.

Shirdi Sai Baba Temple Detroit, MI

Sri Shirdi Sai Baba temple, Livonia welcomes everyone to visit the temple and get Baba's blessings. The temple is open for darshan and arathis. For more information please call 248-471-6474.

FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD:

Sai Vichaar wishes readers a Happy, Peaceful, and Prosperous Year ahead. Those who would like to write to Sai Vichaar for publication may do so by submitting via the article submission page. Please use your original names and check the box if you would like to remain unanimous. Using others' name is not only unethical but would constitute a crime. Thanks for your cooperation

In the true spirit of Sai devotion, contributors are requested to remember to suit the content, language, style, and presentation, appropriate to a worldwide readership. It should also be noted that when a section from any material other than their own is quoted or referred to, it is the authors' responsibility to acknowledge the source appropriately.

"Question of the week" for this week is

Q. What can one know from the experiences of Prof. GG Narke with Saibaba?

Humbly Yours,

The Editor

ABOUT THIS EMAIL:

This newsletter is not sent unsolicited. This newsletter is e-mailed to you because of at least one of the following reasons:1. You have d through our on-line page,2. You have visited our web site and shown interest in the Sai topics and asked for information, or3. You have been gifted a subscription by a friend or a relative.

To Subscribe Sai Vichaar for receipt by Email please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you are subscribing the newsletter for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the newsletter and the willingness to receive the newsletter be confirmed.

To Un-Subscribe receipt of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you have problems accessing the web page due to network problems, please send an e-mail to maildrop with the words "Un Sai Vichaar" in the subject line.

To make a contribution to any of the sections of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the Submit Articles to Sai Vichaar option from the menu.

Back copies of HTML version of Sai Vichaar can be accessed by visting the URL http://www.saibaba.org/whatsnew.html.

For any questions or more information regarding this e-mail or our web site, please send an e-mail to maildrop and your inquiries will be attended to promptly.

Thank you,The webmaster

From and Editor:

Shirdi Sai Baba Web Site

Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha

(A non-profit organization)

Mail:

12N950 State Route 47

Hampshire, IL 60140, USA

Email

maildrop

Phone

847-931-4058

Fax

847-464-1567

© Copyright 1998-2010 saibaba.org, Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha - Sai Vichaar Weekly may only be redistributed in its unedited form. Written permission must be obtained to reprint or cite the information contained within this newsletter. Sai Vichaar is devoted to the philosophy and teachings of Shri Sadhguru Sai Baba of Shirdi, and will take every measure to avoid topics or themes contradicting the same. Sai Vichaar team or the Shirdi Sai Baba web site is not responsible for the opinions expressed by individual contributors.