IndiaDivine.org

PROF ANIL KUMAR ...HRUDAYAM PART-5 COMPLETE..(.SWAMI TALKS WITH STUDENTS.)..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

‘Hrudayam’ And Bhagavan gave the definition of another word in Sanskrit,

hrudayam. ‘Heart’ is the meaning in English. But ‘heart’ is a simple, translated version of this Sanskrit word, hrudayam. It actually means something different. The heart is physical and hrudayam is spiritual. A heart transplant can be done but not a transplantation of hrudayam. The heart is present towards the left side of the human body, about the size of the fist. But the spiritual heart is present all over. The physical heart functions at the level of the body, while the hrudayam is beyond the body. It functions beyond the body, beyond the senses. That’s what Bhagavan said. “How Did They Address You?” Then Bhagavan started telling us a few of

His stories from His story, from His biography, from His own life. He started telling us about His grandfather. You all know the name of Bhagavan’s grandfather. He’s Kondamaraju. Bhagavan started telling us, “Look here, Kondamaraju, the grandfather of this Body, was a most respected man in the village. Everybody consulted him to settle their family disputes or family quarrels because Kondamaraju lead such an ideal life. No man of vices or bad habits ever faced him or dared to stand in front of him. They all avoided him. They used to come to the back door. They had no guts to stand in front of him because he was a man of ethics, of high standards of morality.” Then I asked, “Swami, how did he address You? Did Your grandfather call You by the name of ‘Sathya Sai Baba’?” Then Swami said, “No, no, no! He always called Me ‘Sathya’, meaning Truth.” “Swami, what did Your mother call You?” “Sometimes she called Me ‘Raja’, ‘Raja’. ‘Raja’ means ‘king’. And sometimes she called Me by name, ‘Sathya’. ‘Sathya’ or ‘Raja’ -- these are the two names by which I was called when I was young.” That’s what Bhagavan said. Villagers Lived in Cooperation Swami said, “Look here, Anil Kumar. You know the villages in those days.” “Swami, I'm from a city, I

don’t know village life.” Bhagavan said, “Look here, village life is really ideal. Why? Villagers lived in cooperation. Villagers lived in friendship. Villagers always helped each other.” “Oh, Swami!” “You know, we didn’t have rice mills in those days. They brought the paddy, and the paddy had to be ground. There was no other way. It seems people from other areas and villages also came, helping to grind the paddy grain. Men also came. While working, they sang songs about God, “Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram.” That’s how the villagers worked together, helping each other. “Another thing, at wedding time they didn’t have to buy things. One villager would bring rice, another villager curds,

another villager milk, and another villager the plantain leaves on which the food is served. That was cooperation. But that cooperation is missing today. ‘Culture’ means friendship, cooperation, and helping. That culture is not present today.” That’s what Bhagavan said. “Come to Our House” And then Swami started reminiscing about His past. “You know Anil Kumar, when I was in school, all the teachers used to send me small, small notes.” So Swami has this habit of receiving letters right from His childhood! Oh, I see – a Divine habit. But human habits die hard. So Swami started receiving those small notes from His teachers while He was

studying in school. “Swami, what notes?” “Each teacher used to write, ‘Swami, Sathya, come to our house this afternoon. We made special dishes for You.’” “Swami, what did You do then?” “I didn’t go to everybody’s house. I didn’t do that.” “Then what was Your answer, Swami? You were a boy! They were teachers. How did you satisfy them? How did You please them? You had decided not to go, so what answer did You give them?” Baba said, “I went to them and softly told them, ‘Sir, if I come, the other boys will feel very badly. How would they

feel about Me? So please.’ But some houses I used to visit.” “Oh Swami, why?” “Because, some were very serious. They wouldn’t take food until I came. My teachers and their wives also would wait until I came. They wouldn’t take their food. So I had to go to satisfy them.” “Swami, what did You eat there?” “Some pakodas, some vadas. I ate only a little. Even now you know what I eat? In those days, you can imagine -- still less.” “Oh, Swami.” “Then I used to come home and tell my brother, ‘I finished My food.’ They were very

unhappy. Why? ‘When food is cooked for You here, why do you eat there?’ They were very angry with me, Anil Kumar. What to do?” “Swami, I can understand Your situation (Laughter) because when you talk to the other fellow, I’m angry. I think, ‘Why don’t You talk to me?’ So naturally people will feel sorry because they don’t all get chances to be with You. I can understand, Swami.” That’s what I said. Then in the school, it seems they used to have meetings or school functions. All the teachers would come to Swami and say, “Swami, You only speak today!” “Sir, I'm only studying fourth class and fifth class here. It won't look right. You speak.” “No, no, no! You

speak!” “So I had to get up and speak on all occasions.” “Swami, what was the feeling of the teachers?” “Oh, they used to clap and say, ‘Oh, good, good, Swami! What You said is nice.’ That’s what they used to say: ‘Swami, really great, really great!’” September 20th, 2002 Beautiful Watch with Diamonds This is the news from the 20th of September, 2002. Well, on that day Swami wanted our

Vice-Chancellor to say a few words. The Vice-Chancellor in his brief talk mentioned two miracles. The first is regarding a miracle for a devotee from Sweden. Swami materialized a watch for that devotee from Sweden -- a beautiful watch with diamonds. But that gentleman didn’t wear that watch the next day. Swami said, “Why didn’t you wear it? Where is the watch?” The gentleman smiled and kept quiet. On the third day, Swami asked, “Where is the watch.” “Hmm, mmm,” he said. And on the fourth day, Swami again said, “Where is the watch?” The gentleman said, “Swami, I'm sorry. I'm not wearing the watch because when I go back to Sweden the airport authorities will ask for the voucher. ‘Where is the voucher?’ I’ll be in deep trouble without it.” “Oh, you want the voucher?” (Laughter) “Swami, oh, well, I don’t know.” “Oh I see.” Then, by a wave of His Hand, He brought forth, He materialized the voucher and gave it to him! “Don’t worry. You won’t have any trouble there at the airport. You can show it and go.” But this man from Sweden had a scientific mind. He read the voucher, verified the date, and saw the name of the

company. He rang up that company. “Is this watch from your company? Is it a watch that you sold? To whom did you sell it? If you have the details, please let me know.” He got the answer. What was it? “A man wearing a red robe with thick hair purchased this watch. You may ask me how I remember because many people come to the shop and buy.” We can’t expect the shopkeeper to remember everyone’s face. The shopkeeper said, “I remember this red-robed man because most people will buy the watch and go -- take the voucher and go. But this man came again and asked for a duplicate voucher. So I remember Him. (Laughter) He came to the shop again, asking for a duplicate voucher. Hence, I remember Him.” The Vice-Chancellor said, “Swami, being here, went there, purchased the watch and brought the voucher – while at the same time being here because Bhagavan is everywhere.” “I Lost the Ring” And the Vice-Chancellor mentioned another experience: Swami visited the area of Nagaland. Swami visited the Himalayas. He visited all over the country, far and wide. Swami materialised a ring for one young man from Chitagand. That man was after all a labourer, working on the road, doing road construction work. This man lost the ring. And he started crying and came to Puttaparthi. “Swami, I lost the ring.” “You

lost the ring? Why did you lose the ring?” “Swami I'm a labourer, working to lay the roads there. So while working, I lost the ring!” “I see. Come on,” He materialized the ring, and gave it to him, full of sand. (Laughter) “This ring you lost on the road. I brought it along with the sand. Come on, take it!” That is Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba! September 18th, 2002 “Be Positive To Be Hale and

Healthy” Then we pass on to what happened on the 18th of September. Bhagavan asked two boys some questions. What did He ask? Who were those two boys? Those two boys had been to the State of California in the United States of America. In California, somewhere around Los Angeles, there is a university called Loma Linda University. Swami sent these boys to take a Master’s course in Hospital Management. The boys were back from that great country and they are with us. Swami called one of the boys. You must have been watching all this that day. He asked that boy, “What is needed to be hail and healthy? You are a boy back from the United States. You received training in Health Management, in California, yes! How are we to stay hail and healthy?” That was the question put to him. The boy said, “Swami, to be positive in life is the path, the guarantee, to be hail and healthy. Have a positive attitude -- positive thinking.” And then Swami said, “Say a few words about being positive. What do you mean by a positive attitude? Say few words.” Just like that! Swami wants everybody to be ever ready. He does not give you a few days’ time to prepare to speak on a topic. “There, come on! Get up!” So, everybody should be ready, that’s all. And that boy began speaking. He said, “Baba is the best example of a positive attitude because Swami’s always positive. He talks to all of us. He hopes that there will be

some change in us. He thinks that there will be some transformation in our life someday. Bhagavan is always positive. We may have one or two faults, or even more; but He thinks of the positive qualities in us. So He talks to us.” And then, He's so positive. At one time when the water project was undertaken, when the water project was in full swing, He said, “I’m ready to sell Prashanti Nilayam; I'm ready to mortgage Prashanti Nilayam. I don’t want anything. I want water to be supplied to the thirsty people in this area. Yes, the water is important. The water project is important, not the property.” “Will Any One of You Buy Me?” And so,

Swami said to a group of devotees around Him, “Will anyone of you buy Me? Come on! You can buy Me. I want money now.” Everybody said, “Swami, buy You? Oh Swami, we can't, we can’t!” One old lady said, “Swami, I’ll buy You. Come on, I’ll buy You now.” And Swami said, “You want to buy Me? Come on, pay the price and take Me.” And then that old lady said, “Swami, take my heart and come to me. I’ll pay the price of my heart. Take this price of my heart and come along with me -- I’ll buy You.” Then Baba said, “Amma (Mother), I'm yours! Take Me.” That is Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. So, we can have Bhagavan in exchange for our heart – not for money. And then the boy made a mention of two stages: In one stage, we come to Bhagavan. In the higher stage, Bhagavan comes to us! That’s what that boy said during the course of his speech. “I Want to Serve You” He also made mention of another thing. There in Kodaikanal, one old man came to Swami and said, “Swami, I want to serve You.” “What?” “I want to serve You.” “Who are

you?” “Swami, I'm a doctor. I want to serve You in the hospital.” Then Swami said, “I’ll certainly give you a chance.” Mentioning this, that boy said, “When everybody is waiting for a chance to serve Swami, irrespective of their age, we boys are given the chance. We should make the best use of it.” That’s what that boy said. And then Swami said, looking at the boys, “This old man wants to serve Me, while you boys are already with Me. Understand how lucky you are, how fortunate you are! Then God will never leave you. In the midst of the tempest, in the midst of the storm, He’ll hold on and He’ll never drop you -- understand this.” And then the boy said, “Most people fear God. No, no, no, no! This God, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, tells you not to fear God. Love God and have love for God, not fear. You can have fear of sin. You should have fear of sin and love for God.” That’s what that boy said. He Made the Children Very Happy Previously, this boy was a student in Swami’s Primary School in Ooty. As you know, newly admitted children aren’t happy in a new place. So, it seems that all the young children there would gather together and cry loudly (similar to our loud bhajan singing) because they were homesick.

Gradually as the time passed, they stopped being homesick. And it seems that once, when they were very, very homesick and all children were crying, Swami visited His school in Ooty, where these children were studying. He distributed candies, sweets and cookies to everybody, spending that Deepavali Festival there, making all the children very, very happy. This boy started recalling those days. “How Is Your Mother?” After Swami heard this talk, He called another boy. “How is your mother?” “Swami, Swami.” “Hmm, I know. There is some fluid in your mother’s lungs. She’s not doing well.” “Swami, some time ago she suffered from cancer. You cured her.” “Hey! That was a long time ago. Right now there is fluid in her lungs. How is she?” He materialized vibhuthi. “Send this to your mother -- send it by courier post. She’ll be aright.” This shows Swami’s concern for everybody. And then this student made a mention of his own experience. It seems his mother was seriously ill. He got a phone call from his father, “Son, come home. Your mother wants to see you.” This

boy was doing his first year M.Sc. at that time. How could he go without Swami’s permission? He was trying for a chance to convey this to Swami. He did not get it. Our God plays the ‘hide-and-seek’ game when we need Him most! Then suddenly, after three days Swami said, “What do you want?” “Swami, my…” “Oh! You got a phone call from your father. He was asking you to come home. Don’t worry. Send this vibhuthi to your mother. She’ll be all right.” Then He said, “No, no, no, no. Go, go. Go to Bombay. See your mother and come back.” As his mother was very seriously ill, she desperately wanted to see her

son. “So you take this vibhuthi and go give it to your mother.” And so saying, Swami came out, walked just a few steps and said: “Go! Go!” This boy thought he should go immediately. He left, packed his luggage and went to wait for the bus to the city. Soon a few friends came and said, “No, no, no! Swami wants you to come back now.” So he went back to where Swami was waiting. Swami said, “What happened to you?” “Swami, You said, ‘Go’.” “No, no! I wanted you to go to the interview room, not outside!”

(Laughter) So this fellow went inside the interview room. Then Swami said, “Oh, where are you going?” “Swami, I must go to Bombay.” “How will you go?” “Swami, I must catch a bus to get to the city and find a train.” “Would I send you like that? Do you think I don’t know how serious the situation is? Don’t worry. Hmm, come on -- take it.” By a wave of His hand, He materialized Air India tickets (Laughter) with the boy’s name written on them, “Come on!” Swami called another devotee, “Take this boy in your car and drop him at the airport.” The boy flew home. Nobody knew he was coming. He went straight home and knocked at the door. His mother, who was seriously sick, got up from bed and opened the door, “Hi son! How are you?” That is the miracle of Sai. That’s what he said. See that? That is Bhagavan. Plus Swami gave him money and an Air India return ticket too, so that he could come back and report to school immediately. And when he came back he said, “Swami, my mother is alright!” “Oh-ho!” “Thank You, Swami. You cured my

mother.” And Bhagavan said, “I did not cure her. Her faith cured her. Her prayers cured her.” So, if you have faith and prayers, they will be answered. That’s what Bhagavan has said. And it seems one day Swami gave this boy an egg. “Do you eat eggs?” “Swami, I don’t eat eggs.” “When Swami gives, don’t you eat?” “Swami, an egg?” “All right, come on! Eat!” Then Swami said, “Come on! Break it!” When he broke it, it was candy. (Laughter) It was not an egg; it was candy. That’s what He did! But why? Swami said, “I gave it to you because today is Easter festival (Laughter). So I gave it to you.” Thank you very much! May Bhagavan bless you!

Om Asato Maa Sad Gamaya Tamaso Maa Jyotir Gamaya Mrtyormaa Amrtam Gamaya

Om Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Jai Bolo Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba Ji Ki Jai! Jai Bolo Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba Ji Ki Jai! Jai Bolo Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai

Baba Ji Ki Jai! (Sharing with Sai Love) Ram.Chugani Ram ChuganiKobe, Japanrgcjp

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.