IndiaDivine.org

FROM PUTTAPARTHI...8 LONG YEARS OF WAITING !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Back in the year 1970, an eminent devotee and a great scientist by the name of Dr. Bhagavantam happened to visit the town where I lived, and he gave a talk, narrating his experiences with Sai Baba which made a deep impression on me.

Later on that year I had some family problems, and so I went to Prasanthi Nilayam to ask Sai Baba for help. I can tell you that I didn't get an opportunity to talk to Him, I didn't get to touch His Feet and, as a result, I experienced 5 very unsuccessful days of togetherness. He was so divinely mischievous. He spoke to almost every person there but me, yet when I returned home I discovered that the family problem had been solved!!!

The health of my wife had become very bad and when I was at Prasanthi Nilayam I prayed within myself saying, " If you really are God, then please give her back to me in good health. We have 4 children and if she dies I can't take care of the children by myself. " Well, without talking to Him, without any padanamaskara or anything of that sort, she regained perfect health!!!

I went to see Sai Baba on many occasions, but He ignored me, year after year, and not just me, but the whole row in which I was seated. I used to tell my friends that they could sit with me in the canteen and the hotel but never sit with me during Darshan, because Baba would certainly never look at them!!!

I was very much interested in public speaking and effective communication skills. So having been inspired by Swami's discourses I started sharing with small groups about them, and then people started inviting me to come and talk to them about Sai Baba. This went on for 8 years.

However after just about 8 long years of waiting, in 1977, I was travelling to Prasanthi Nilayam when Sai Baba's car passed me by on the road going to Anantapur, so I turned around and followed Him to Anantapur. There I discovered that SWAMI was busy with some trust committee in the Girl's College. Now, in the Girl's College, as you know, even male mosquitoes are not permitted to enter!!!

Then Swami suddenly appeared at the door, surrounded by several important people. Swami shouted " Anil Kumar, come here " and I started running towards Him, at the same time thinking, " How does He know my name? Why has He ignored me all these 8 years? Why did He not look at me? Does He not know my problems? "

Swami said, " Oh, last night you gave a lecture about me and everyone liked it " and then He said, " How is your wife? " I replied " Swami, it was she who brought me to you. "

" I know " , He said, and then He materialized some vibhuthi for me and told me to come and see Him in Puttaparthi. The rest is History.

In 1989 I was appointed the Principal of the Sathya Sai College in Whitefield, the Brindavan Campus, and since that time I have been SWAMI's regular interpreter.

So let us just remember that all names, all forms are His, and try to shift our consciousness from the limited to the unlimited, from the finite to the infinite, from the form to the formless. (Photos attached)

http://media.radiosai.org/Journals/Vol_04/01FEB06/an-interview-with-anil-kumar.htm

Prof. Anil Kumar is best known for translating Swami's discourses into English. He also gives very popular talks on Sunday mornings in Prashanti Nilayam and visits many Sai centres for the same purpose. He has been Principal of the Brindavan campus and has authored many books on Swami.

PS: There is a way of life, a method of uplift, a path of progress distinct for each person, different from those of others. Come 1 step, I shall take a 100 towards you. Shed just 1 tear, I shall wipe a 100 from your eyes. Don't worry I am always with you. - SWAMI