IndiaDivine.org

Ashvamedha question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you, however, I found in Ramakatharasavahini: Baba says Rama performed

horse sacrifice, and there was apparently real horse involved (which escaped and

was then stollen by Kusha and Lava).. Surely, if Rama did yajna, last was not

about common killing of animal for sake of some businessmen or some bhutas (evil

entities, that live in subtle world). Just want know details. May be Rama's

horse was de-materialized in a process (dissolved in ananda), or, may be, it was

merely freed at the culmination of ceremony.. Whatever happened with the horse,

surely it was something good and in no way cruel. Wish we find details on that..

Sai Ram! (please, write me directly, cause it's difficult to find all messages..

Here is wonderful forum, but are so many messages, that I hardly find those

which are more important for me). Alex

Dear Mr. Alex , If people have not advanced in SADHANA, spiritual practices,

there are chances for their misunderstandings about the real purpose behind

such actions by great spiritual personages .Hence refrain from talking &

writing about it to avoid harm thereby .Jaisairam.S.Ramachandran, Mumbai

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Alex <new_jalsomino wrote:

Sai Ram, dear Mr Venugopala RaoNow I've red your wonderful answer, and also Madam Subbalaksmi's answer. And this morning I've also red all what devotees in other groups said to the topic.. Their contribution is great too.. And also I went through some available literature in web.. Your answer is one of closest to Truth. I have now a more complete and clear picture of real Asvamedha rite. How it was performed in reality etc. But to disclosing it to others without their asking.. Would it be appropriate here?

, Venugopala Rao ganji <saidasa wrote:>> Sai Ram> The Seers, Sages and kings of yore performed Aswamedha Yaga to attain

> supremacy. It does not, as far as know, involve sacrificing a horse.> > It is performed for attaining " stability and supremacy of intelligence " .> Aswa (Horse) is known to always moving its limbs constantly; Medha means

> intelligence. In one of the discourses of Swami mentioned this.> > Sai Ram> > 2009/11/29 Alex <new_jalsomino > > >> >> > Om Sai Ram, dear devotees.> > This unresolved question is bothering me for long time. As we know from> > Bhagavan and from holy elders: instructions in Vedas, which refer to

> > sacrifices of particular kinds of animals, all in fact refer to our bad> > habits and traits, which we must sacrifice. And not to real animals, of> > course. (Indeed, it would be strange to think of Vedas as of instructions in

> > cruelty). I've red Bhagavan Himself says so. And this is really wonderful.> > Then how to be with famous Ashvamedha yajna? What is real meaning of> > instruction: " sacrifice a horse " . I know that famous " westerner " Piphagor

> > made a horse of sugar and burnt it to mark his uncovering of " Piphagor's> > theoreme " .. But I wonder: how was Ashvamedha in reality performed in Bharath> > by great souls of past? Does anyone know the answer (preferably: words of

> > Bhagavan) regarding this?> >> > > >> > > > -- > -------------------------> LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL> " Love in thought is TRUTH "

> " Love in feeling is PEACE " > " Love in understanding is NON-VIOLENCE. " > " Love in action is " RIGHT ACTION. " >

-- The best way to love GOD is to 'love all,be goodserve all, & help ever ----Sri Sathya Sai Baba.

Loving blessings & best wishes .             S.Ramachandran