IndiaDivine.org

Seva to BABA SAI

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SAI RAM:1. Seva:   Once inside the  Prashanthi Nilayam, you could contact the Western Canteen /Norlthern Canteen - ususally there will be opportunities to cut vegetables, wash dishes, etc.2.Accommodation: Ideally one should stay inside the Asramam for everything is surcharged and suffused with love, sacredness and no distractions.  There are many hotels outside depending upon ones choice.

3.Meals: You could eat inside Prashanthi either at South Indian canteen (where traditional south Indian meals are served in addition to special meals which include chapathi and curries)  At Western Canteen, you will get pasta, pizza, etc. more western oriented.  At the North Indian canteen you will get in addition to rice, northIndian style meals ... everything that is  prepared, cooked and  served is pure  veg with divine vibrations,  any where inside Prashanthi.

Sai Ram2009/11/30 <>

Om Sai Ram,I want to come to Puttaparthi and  my intention is to serve BABA For 10 days and I have the following questions:1.what Seva can I do as a Pilgrim to BABA.Can anyone guide me on this.

2.I

want a modest,clean and inexpensive accomodation to stay @ Puttapathi

for about 12 days (10 days seva and 2 days in & out).

3.I only take 1 meal a day and where can I get it(pure vegetarian)Can anyone guide me.Kindly advise whom do I contact to check about the type of Seva that I can do for BABA.OM SAI RAM.

Pushpaa Rao

-- --LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL " Love in thought is TRUTH " " Love in feeling is PEACE "

" Love in understanding is NON-VIOLENCE. " " Love in action is " RIGHT ACTION.”

OM SAI RAM.....Thank you for all your help....meal is now not at all a problem ...nor was it very important except the vegetarian bit.......for staying @ Prashanthi accomodation (30-60 Rs) ...do I contact anyone before I go there so that I am not disappointed or I can go to their office once I reach there to get the accomodation immediately.

Also for the SEVA....Whom do I contact.......should I just walk to the book stall,kitchen etc and offer my help then & there .....I am a little confused on that...please help me in this regard.......I would also like to help @ the hospital....am I permitted to do so...(I am not a doctor)...but am from the Health and Nutrition Industry........

Most Important....is the station called SAI P Nilayam.....if not then what is the railway station called..and how far is Prashanthi from the railway station......how much does an auto /rickshaw /bus take....and how frequent is it....

How cold will it be now......I should be there from 12dec - 22dec......any advise from Sai Bhaktas are most welcome........anyone can call me also.......no problem....Om Sai Ram.......Pushpaa Rao

9920476464On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Venugopala Rao ganji <saidasa wrote:

SAI RAM:1. Seva:   Once inside the  Prashanthi Nilayam, you could contact the Western Canteen /Norlthern Canteen - ususally there will be opportunities to cut vegetables, wash dishes, etc.2.Accommodation: Ideally one should stay inside the Asramam for everything is surcharged and suffused with love, sacredness and no distractions.  There are many hotels outside depending upon ones choice.

3.Meals: You could eat inside Prashanthi either at South Indian canteen (where traditional south Indian meals are served in addition to special meals which include chapathi and curries)  At Western Canteen, you will get pasta, pizza, etc. more western oriented.  At the North Indian canteen you will get in addition to rice, northIndian style meals ... everything that is  prepared, cooked and  served is pure  veg with divine vibrations,  any where inside Prashanthi.

Sai Ram2009/11/30 <>

Om Sai Ram,I want to come to Puttaparthi and  my intention is to serve BABA For 10 days and I have the following questions:1.what Seva can I do as a Pilgrim to BABA.Can anyone guide me on this.

2.I

3.I only take 1 meal a day and where can I get it(pure vegetarian)Can anyone guide me.Kindly advise whom do I contact to check about the type of Seva that I can do for BABA.OM SAI RAM.

Pushpaa Rao

-- --LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL " Love in thought is TRUTH " " Love in feeling is PEACE "

Sai RamPrashanthi Accommodation:Accommodation is given on first come first serve basis.  Nothing much can be done before one gets there unless there is a big group is going together.If you are going from abroad, you need to carry your passport, and go to N-8 (foreigner's accommodation office) which is near North Indian canteen;if on the other hand you are from India you need an ID (voters ID, ration card, etc) and the main accommodation (near the SaiKulwant Darshan Hall) is the place where you would be given accommodation.  If you are visiting single, usually it is a dormitory accommodation.

Seva: Yes you could approach the books & publications main building and contact the incharge there, in the canteens you could walk in and ask any one doing work there; you will be rightly directed.  For hospital, I think you need to contact the PR office personally.  It is abt 3Kms from the ashramam; you may take an auto or a city bus (usually crowded).

The station starts with the name of : Sri Sathya Sai. (and I think it is Prashanthi or Puttaparthi)...It is abt 5-6 Kms to the Ashramam and the best way to get there is take an auto (I paid Rs.50/-  last time' there would be autos many at the time of any train arrival/dep; )..it is abt 15 minutes to get there.  There are buses too that get you to Asramam but the frequency is not known.

It would a bit chill weather around this time.  You need a light jacket/shawl in the mornings.Be prepared to take a cold water bath(unless you find someone to help you to get a hot water bucket).  Have a blissful trip. May Swami 's Love and LIght be with you.

2009/12/4 pushpaa rao <pushpaarao

OM SAI RAM.....Thank you for all your help....meal is now not at all a problem ...nor was it very important except the vegetarian bit.......for staying @ Prashanthi accomodation (30-60 Rs) ...do I contact anyone before I go there so that I am not disappointed or I can go to their office once I reach there to get the accomodation immediately.

Also for the SEVA....Whom do I contact.......should I just walk to the book stall,kitchen etc and offer my help then & there .....I am a little confused on that...please help me in this regard.......I would also like to help @ the hospital....am I permitted to do so...(I am not a doctor)...but am from the Health and Nutrition Industry........

Most Important....is the station called SAI P Nilayam.....if not then what is the railway station called..and how far is Prashanthi from the railway station......how much does an auto /rickshaw /bus take....and how frequent is it....

How cold will it be now......I should be there from 12dec - 22dec......any advise from Sai Bhaktas are most welcome........anyone can call me also.......no problem....Om Sai Ram.......Pushpaa Rao

9920476464On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Venugopala Rao ganji <saidasa wrote:

Sai Ram2009/11/30 <>

2.I

Pushpaa Rao

-- --LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL " Love in thought is TRUTH "

" Love in feeling is PEACE "

Sairam,

To stay at prashanti nilayam , I don’t think we have advance reservations. One can directly go to the accommodation center which is in front of the south Indian canteen between 6am to 8 pm and register. During registration , you need to produce proof of identity , which can be any one among the following :

1. His / her Voter Identity Card (the Identity Card issued by the Election Commission of India).

2. PAN Card

3. Driver's Licence

4. Passport

5. Bank Pass Book (with attested photograph)

6. Any other credible photo identity documents.(Office id card will also do )

As it is Christmas and new year time, there could be a little rush. There are two types of accommodation dormitories(Rs. 5 Per day) and rooms(upto Rs.130/- perday). Rooms will be full most of the times or preference would be given to senior citizens. Dormitories are long halls or sheds with bath area on one end. Women traveling alone will be given all women’s dormitories . These are very modest ones and there are no cots available . If you are planning to stay in dormitories I would suggest you to carry a bedding with thick blankets as the temperatures

currently are max 30 degrees Centigrade and min 18 degrees centigrade . They may go down further . I personally prefer to stay in dormitories because we get to know about rest of the devotees and their experiences . There is one way of discipline and mutual sharing. A true ashram way of living.

2. We usually go through regional samithis and seva is allocated according to the requirement. Now that you are going individually you can either approach Sri Satya Sai Books and publications or the central trust office . Best way is to call , Public Relations Office, Prasanthi Nilayam at (0091) 8555-287390 before the journey,

so that they may suggest you accordingly. You may tell them that you are from nutrition industry so that they may allocate hospital seva. Im sure that you will be allocated seva some where or the other. Never think that one seva is high in importance and the other very lower . Please consider that swami is teaching you something from that and always rever the name of the Lord.

3. Puttaparthi railway station is called sai p nilayam and railway code is SSPN . There is a regular apsrtc bus service from railway station to ashram for every half an hour or so . It is quite reliable and economical , the fare may not be more than rs.20/- Autos are also available however one needs to bargain , the fare may be

any way between 40 to 100.

From my personal experience I suggest you to stay, eat and purchase anything only from prashanti nilayam ashram. Once you come out of the ashram, you may need to use your bargaining skills and sometimes the shopkeepers may cheat you too. In ashram there is no way of getting lost, seva dal volunteers are available only at a hands distance to help you . More over swami’s divine grace would be there right from the beginning of your journey.

For more information pls go through this website

http://www.srisathyasai.org.in/Pages/AshramInfo/Ashram.htm

Hope this clears all your doubts,

Sairam --- On Fri, 4/12/09, pushpaa rao <pushpaarao wrote:

pushpaa rao <pushpaaraoRe: [sBOI-post] Seva to BABA SAI Date: Friday, 4 December, 2009, 11:23 AM

OM SAI RAM.....Thank you for all your help....meal is now not at all a problem ...nor was it very important except the vegetarian bit.......for staying @ Prashanthi accomodation (30-60 Rs) ...do I contact anyone before I go there so that I am not disappointed or I can go to their office once I reach there to get the accomodation immediately.Also for the SEVA....Whom do I contact..... ..should I just walk to the book stall,kitchen etc and offer my help then & there .....I am a little confused on that...please help me in this regard...... .I would also like to help @ the hospital.... am I permitted to do so...(I am not a doctor)...but am from the Health and Nutrition Industry.... .... Most Important... .is the station called SAI P Nilayam..... if not then what is the railway station called..and how far is Prashanthi from the railway station..... .how much does an auto /rickshaw /bus take....and how frequent is

it....How cold will it be now......I should be there from 12dec - 22dec......any advise from Sai Bhaktas are most welcome..... ...anyone can call me also.......no problem....Om Sai Ram.......Pushpaa Rao9920476464

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Venugopala Rao ganji <saidasa (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

SAI RAM:1. Seva: Once inside the Prashanthi Nilayam, you could contact the Western Canteen /Norlthern Canteen - ususally there will be opportunities to cut vegetables, wash dishes, etc.2.Accommodation: Ideally one should stay inside the Asramam for everything is surcharged and suffused with love, sacredness and no distractions. There are many hotels outside depending upon ones choice. 3.Meals: You could eat inside Prashanthi either at South Indian canteen (where traditional south Indian meals are served in addition to special meals which include chapathi and curries) At Western Canteen, you will get pasta, pizza, etc. more western oriented. At the North Indian canteen you will get in addition to rice, northIndian style meals ... everything that is prepared, cooked and served is pure veg with divine vibrations, any where inside Prashanthi. Sai Ram

2009/11/30 <>

Om Sai Ram,I want to come to Puttaparthi and my intention is to serve BABA For 10 days and I have the following questions:1.what Seva can I do as a Pilgrim to BABA.Can anyone guide me on this.2.I want a modest,clean and inexpensive accomodation to stay @ Puttapathi for about 12 days (10 days seva and 2 days in & out).3.I only take 1 meal a day and where can I get it(pure vegetarian)Can anyone guide me.Kindly advise whom do I contact to check about the type of Seva that I can do for BABA.OM SAI RAM.Pushpaa Rao9920476464

-- ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL"Love in thought is TRUTH""Love in feeling is PEACE""Love in understanding is NON-VIOLENCE.""Love in action is "RIGHT ACTION.â€

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.