IndiaDivine.org

God - a matter of experience

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

God - a matter of experience

Sai Baba's language was truly mystic for he talked back and forth between the Absolute mode and the mode of surrendered servant or even bond slave of the Lord. In the former mode, He made such statements as: "I am formless and everywhere" and, "I look equally on all. Not a leaf moves except my grace". In the latter mode of surrendered instrument of God, he declares:" Without God's permission nothing can be made by me", and "Baba is but phaladata (giver of the fruit or dispenser of the result). However, his message is clear both on fear and hope that if one becomes God's or Saibaba's devotee the one will be under his protective wing and need no fear. If then the devotee has patience, his hopes will be realized and in due course, he will indeed be raised spiritually. This blessing is not to be confused with worldly benefits such as material prosperity, fame, power or even health, although these may in fact occur as by-products. The promise is

for the achievement of the Sufi goal of mystical union with God, or the realization that one was never in truth separation from God.

Among many quotations in this vein of protection and guidance, Sai Baba said: "if you make me the sole object of your thoughts and aims, you will gain paramartha - the supreme goal. Some visitors came to see Saibaba at first merely out of curiosity to see a miracle-worker, and then gradually they started coming to listen to what Saibaba was teaching. Nana Chandorkar, for example, began listening to Saibaba this way, and eventually gained complete confidence that Saibaba did indeed demonstrate the qualities of divinity. Others however, such as Dasganu, although he had great respect for the Saint and had been shown many phenomenal miracles, could never quite come to terms with admitting Saibaba's divinity (when Baba was in flesh and blood).