IndiaDivine.org

Why argue over Me? - Swami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Who exactly am I , you discuss and debate?! What does it matter to you who I am? You are concerned about your goal, your ideal, your experience, your effort, is it not? Why then worry about My Origin, My Nature, My Mystery, My Miracle? When you cannot grasp your own basic reality, why waste time in exploring the essence of Godhead? As a matter of fact, you can understand Me only when you have understood yourself, your own Truth. The gross can grasp only the gross; its categories of knowledge can proceed only as far as that. Fish die when they have to breathe the air above the water. Children can learn the alphabet only with the help of boards, slates, pencils and pieces of chalk. Sâdhakas (spiritual aspirants) going through the primers of spirituality need symbols, images and rituals.

You cannot discard Name and Form until you transmute yourself into the Nameless and Formless; just as the fish needed water and could not come up into the atmosphere, so long as they did not transmute themselves into land animals, giving up their aquatic nature. That is the reason why the Nameless and Formless has often to assume Name and Form, and come before humanity with limitations imposed by its own Will, so that it may be loved, respected, worshipped, listened to and followed; so that the purpose of humanity may be fulfilled. - From Bhagavân's Discourse on 4th March 1962 in Prashaanthi Nilayam on the occasion of Mahâ-S'ivaratri. Reference: "Sathya Sai Speaks", Vol. - II, Chapter-31. Page: 164-165.

Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.