IndiaDivine.org

WE KNOW SWAMI IS ALWAYS IN SUNDRAM...BY MRS MONA DESUJA.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We Know Swami Is Always There in Sundaram" - Mrs. Mona Desuja Anyone who has entered the rectangular-shaped main Darshan Hall, knows why it is compared to the mythological “Vaikunta” - the serene abode of Lord Vishnu. As one devotee says, “A sense of peace engulfs you and you can feel the mysterious hand waiting to come to your rescue as you enter the Hall. One look at the breathtaking photo of Swami standing in a background of greenery with a gentle smile on His face and a fully blossomed rose clasped in

His hands …combined with the stage décor becomes such an overwhelming experience! It is as is if Swami is beckoning you! It provides immediate relief.” “Even though I am tied up with 3 children and take care of home needs, still I find time to go to Sundaram. Because I know my problems are solved in Sundaram,” says Mrs. Mona Desuja. “My Swami is always there in Sundaram”, she continues and says, “And when I sit there and start chanting His 108 Names, I can feel that He responds immediately. I will know instantaneously that my problems would get solved as I see Swami smiling at me. We see to

it that any good thing we do or any property or car we buy, we go to Sundaram first, even if it is very late in the night. If anything adverse happens then too we rush to Sundaram, be it related to our business, or our children’s health. We know Swami is there to help us. Sundaram has given me so many things in life.” [On the left you see Mrs. Mona with the pictue of her twin-boys who were born with Swami's blessings] It is not uncommon to find devotees’ cheeks wet with tears of joy and bliss during Bhajan sessions in Sundaram which happen every Thursday and Sunday evenings and also on special festival days. More than the quality of bhajans per se it is the sublime ambience of Sundaram radiating positive energy which touches the core of every devotee’s heart. “It’s Like Stepping into

a Temple of Peace.” – Dr. Mohan As Dr. V Mohan, a diabetologist by profession, who has been visiting Sundaram for more than a decade and a half now, says, “Many times when I have gone to Sundaram with a disturbed state of mind, the moment I enter Sundaram, it is like going into a temple of peace. In fact to be honest, I prefer Sundaram and Puttaparthi to regular temples (even though I may be biased in my opinion being a devotee of Swami) because I think the way things are conducted here is so unique! Everything happens smoothly without much noise, without much paraphernalia, without much fuss in doings things.

You go there and sit in meditation and observe the rules and discipline and take part in the Bhajans and read the Thought for the Day and peace comes to you automatically! You are filled with positive vibrations. You feel like doing something more, your feel recharged completely after listening to bhajans and satsang. This has been a great source of inspiration to me. In fact, when we were deciding to move our house, we chose a house which was relatively near to Sundaram.” SUNDARAM – ITS BEAUTY WITH SUBLIMITY The Blessed Darshan Hall Well, that is the extent to which Sundaram has influenced minds and changed

lives. The 25-ft Main Darshan Hall, the focal point of all activity in Sundaram, with nine ornate windows, five entrances and embellished with symbols depicting all religions of the world is spacious and tranquil. On the stage, apart from Swami’s picture in the centre, there is a beautiful statue of Lord Ganesha in the front as is in most Sai temples and also on either side of the dais are arched decorations of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu on glass with beautiful wall inscriptions of Dasavatar (the ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu) on either side of Swami's picture. Among the rarities that can be noticed here is the image of Lord Shiva holding a conch in one hand (generally Vishnu is associated with the Conch). Incidentally, these glass panels serve as a door when Swami comes to the stage for giving Darshan in the evening during His stay in Chennai. The stage also has the Lord’s ‘Padukas’ (Sacred Sandals) embedded in gold inside a golden lotus in the forefront and the usual cushioned chair with a foot rest - all dedicated for Baba. “The arathi at the end of bhajan or other spiritual sessions in Sundaram is an electrifying experience”, says a regular visitor to Sundaram. “With the majestic chandelier being lit during arathi, the huge bell (made specially in Kumbhakonam) resonating with “Aum”, and nearly two thousand devotees joining in with great gusto and devotional fervor, the arathi is an indulgence of mysticism.” Apart from the Main Darshan Hall there is also a small prayer hall with a beautiful picture of Swami in “Abhayahasta”

(blessing with a raised hand) and an impressive wooden carved statue of Dakshinamoorthy (Lord Shiva) and also other matching architecture of Lord Ganesha, Lord Muruga and other deities. It is here that Bhajans are conducted on all days other than Thursdays and Sundays by groups from Sai Centres across the length and breadth of Chennai. (Sharing With Sai Love) Ram.ChuganiRam ChuganiKobe, Japanrgcjp

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.