IndiaDivine.org

November 5th 8:00 pm - Scintillating performance by the devotees from Orissa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Cultural program by the devotees from Orissa this evening in mandir November 5th 8:00 pm - Scintillating performance by the devotees from Orissa Sai Kulwant Hall was filled this evening by of huge number of devotees from Orissa, most of the hall was occupied by those devotees wearing light blue scarfs from Orissa. The event began at 5:15 pm with Swami's arrival on to the dais. There was a drama by the devotees, the theme of the drama was to "Make others happy and You will be happy". It was a story about a family who members are eagerly trying to achieve their own selfish goals of becoming an athlete, politician, scientists etc. In the same house there is a child who tries to help others

and get his happiness from that. He once comes from school happy and singing Vedas and his family members ask him why he was so happy. He says that he gave his food to his friend Sai who didn't bring any food, so he was happy. When the family members ask him about his hunger. The boy replies, when you help others, God is Happy and when God is Happy, You will never be Hungry. He says seeing his friend eat and be happy made him forget his hunger. He advices his family members not to strive to achieve selfish goals, but instead try to do seva and helps others which will give them real accomplishment and happiness. After eight years when we revisit the house again all the members who strived and achieved their goals are not happy even after their achievements. They feel like something is missing

in all their accomplishments they are not really happy. While the child who has now grown up comes home early from his examinations, the family members ask him about his examinations. He says that he had to miss the final examinations because he had to help a boy on the road who had an accident. By the time he took the boy to the hospital and got him treatment he missed his examinations so returned home. But when his family members ask him about the examinations he says I lost only a year but I gave the boy his lifetime. And I can always go to examinations next year. Then he also adds that for one year he can do seva in that village while he waits for his examination. After that his family members realize that true happiness can only be had when you serve others. And that is what Sathya Sai Baba has taught us through his life. As Swami says "My life is My Message". Then the drama ended and Swami too pictures with the performers. After that there was an announcement

that children will perform a traditional dance from Orissa. This dance is performed in Lord Jagannath temple in Puri during the Durgashtami festivals etc. Six children performed the dance and it was one of the best acrobatic dances I have seen in recent times in mandir. They did all kinds postures, flips and balancing acts while still gracefully dancing. It was a sight to see. The devotees in Sai Kulwant Hall were clapping for every posture they held and it really was an amazing performance by the children. After their performance the devotees kept of clapping for quite a while showing their appreciation for a scintillating performance. Swami called all the performers and presented them with clothes and took pictures with them, while prasadam was being distributed to devotees. Then

there were two bhajans sung by the devotees from Orissa. At 6:30 pm Aarathi began ending the events for the day. After a while Swami left Sai Kulwant Hall for Yajur Mandiram (swami's home).

DELETE button is history. Unlimited mail storage is just a click away.