IndiaDivine.org

Experience of Sai Devotee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Here I am giving a write up of Sri Satya Sai Sri Lakshmi who is very close to our Dear Swami from childhoold. She is lucky enough to be in Puttaparthi under the guidence and care of Swami. I am posting below one of her many experiences with Swamy. Sai Ram Mani Aluri SLEEP IN PEACE GOD IS AWAKE In June 1991 Bhagawan had selected a few of His girls who just

finished their studies at the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Ananthapuram Campus for getting some training to work in His esteemed Super Speciality Hospital which was to be inaugurated in November that year. By His grace I was one among the ten chosen. Bhagawan gave us an interview and then sent us to Brindavan to undergo a four months training program at various hospitals in Bangalore. He told us to stay in Dr. John Hislop’s Cottage. Food and transportation too were arranged by Bhagawan. He also said that He would personally come to see how we were proceeding with our training and asked us to write letters once a week. Swami gave us money for the expenses and also some pocket money. We had left for Brindavan on the 9th of June at 8 in the morning by bus. Swami gave us a detailed letter to be handed over to Mr.

Bhutia who welcomed and accommodated us in Hislop’s Cottage as instructed by Swami. The ten of us had a huge hall to sleep in and also a store room to keep our belongings. The hall had two fans, and I always slept right under one of them. One night, the fan was running at full speed while I was fast asleep. I dreamt that something was falling on me, and I was just repeating Swami's name. Meanwhile, my friends tried to wake me up, and I got up wondering why they had to disturb me from a deep sleep. That’s when I realized that the fan had actually fallen on me. I had felt a warm touch but nothing else had happened. Two of the blades were bent in an L-shape and the other one was straight. It appeared as if the fan was carefully placed, in order to avoid any damage to my body. Mrs. Ratan Lalji who lived right opposite us, our neighbour Mr. Rama Brahmamgaru and the Bhutias came running, after hearing a loud noise. I was the only one who had heard nothing. They all said that I should thank Swami for saving my life. But I took the incidence for granted and neither thanked Swami nor mentioned the incidence in my weekly letters to Him. I slept once again peacefully unmindful of what others where (it should be were) discussing about the issue. The fan was very hot and heavy. It required four girls to carry it into the store room. I behaved like a buffalo (Dunnapotha – as Swami lovingly calls me) indeed without any feelings. I almost forgot the incident. A few weeks later Swami came to Brindavan.

A van would come to pick us up from the ashram and take us to the city at 6.30 a.m. sharp. And we would return to the ashram at around 6 in the evening. That means, we missed both morning and evening darshan. Though we were living in the ashram right behind Swami's residence, we could not see Swami for two solid days. Our hearts longed for His darshan. However, we managed to see Swami through our window while He would have His dinner. Elders warned us that we shouldn’t be doing that. We wrote letters to Swami and sent them through Mr. Bhutia. We poured out our heart saying that He is not looking at us, not talking to us, not bothered about us and so on. We also wrote about a song ‘Brindavanam adi andaridi govindudu andari vade’ meaning the Krishna of Brindavan belongs to all. But we said that Swami was kondari vade meaning belonging to only a few. On the following day we did not want to go to the Hospital but were desperate to have His darshan. We all kept a vow of silence and started chanting a manthra of Hanuman, praying that the vehicle should not come. Hanuman came to our aid and the van did not turn up. We waited inside the ashram close to the Trayee gate till 8.30 a.m., and there was still no sign of the van. We felt very happy but Mrs. Bhutia, who believed that duty is more important than darshan, did not like our way of thinking, so we tried to appear less joyful than we felt. Meanwhile the darshan music had started, so we requested her permission to sit near the gate. This gate is exactly opposite to the one which Swami used for going to give (better to replace by word giving) darshan. Only animals were near this gate. We knew that Swami would never look this side but we were feeling wonderful to at least see Him from that distance. She agreed and said, “Alright sit here.” As we sat watching the rabbits and deer, Swami came out and looked at us. We were happy that He had noticed us from that distance. Swami went on to the other side of the Trayee gate to give darshan. He told Mrs Bhutia who was working as a volunteer there: “Why did you make my children sit near that gate there? They are my children and they should be sitting on the V.I.P lawn!” After darshan she came to us conveying this message of Swami and said: “Sorry children, get ready by 2.30 p.m., I shall make you sit on the V.I.P lawn.” We were thrilled. At 2.30 p.m. we were all set and ready to have a closer glimpse of our Beloved Lord. As soon as He came He said: “Dasavatharalu, Bagunnara?” (How are you - ten

incarnations?) We said that we were fine. I had a habit of talking a lot with Swami. Swami asked: “Ami ee poddu hospital ki poleda?” (Why did you not go to the hospital today?) I opened my big mouth and said, “Swami, mee daya valla van raledu mee darshana bhagyam kaligindi” (Swami by Your Grace the van did not come and we are enjoying the fortune of Your darshan). He took rice grains from one of my friend’s plate and putting it on my head said, “Daya undi daya undi bangaroo! Daya undi kanukanay…... lekuntay a poddu fan padinappudu nee neck povalsindi. Brundavanam adi andaridi ani aamay mo letters vrasaray! Swami ma vaipu choodadam ledu, maatho maatladadam ledu, mammalni pattinchu kovadam ledu ani vrasaray! Mari mee intanay, ventanay, jantanay undi kapada kuntay aa naadu kaapadindi evaru? Fan rekkalu ala L-shape lo vangadam

sadhyamay na?” (Grace is there. If not, when the fan fell, your neck would have been chopped off. You have written the Brindavan song and also that Swami does not talk to you, look at you and does not bother about you. If I am not always with you, who protected you then? Is it possible to bend the blades of the fan in an L-shape?) Then He continued pointing at me, “You are sleeping like Dunnapothu, not bothering to see if the nuts and bolts are tight or not. Never say that Swami is not with you. I am in you, around you, above you, below you.” I did not open my mouth after that. I was grateful to Bhagawan for giving me a new life. I then decided that this life given by Him will be lived only for Him.

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new 7 Mail now.

sairam mani,

Thank u for sharing a wonderful experience.

sharmila

mani narayana aluri <mani_alurisaibabanews ; Sent: Monday, 19 November, 2007 12:54:56 AM Experience of Sai Devotee

Hi,

Here I am giving a write up of Sri Satya Sai Sri Lakshmi who is very close to our Dear Swami from childhoold. She is lucky enough to be in Puttaparthi under the guidence and care of Swami. I am posting below one of her many experiences with Swamy.

Sai Ram

Mani Aluri

SLEEP IN PEACE GOD IS AWAKE

In June 1991 Bhagawan had selected a few of His girls who just finished their studies at the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Ananthapuram Campus for getting some training to work in His esteemed Super Speciality Hospital which was to be inaugurated in November that year. By His grace I was one among the ten chosen. Bhagawan gave us an interview and then sent us to Brindavan to undergo a four months training program at various hospitals in Bangalore. He told us to stay in Dr. John Hislop’s Cottage. Food and transportation too were arranged by Bhagawan. He also said that He would personally come to see how we were proceeding with our training and asked us to write letters once a week. Swami gave us money for the expenses and also some pocket money.

We had left for Brindavan on the 9th of June at 8 in the morning by bus. Swami gave us a detailed letter to be handed over to Mr. Bhutia who welcomed and accommodated us in Hislop’s Cottage as instructed by Swami. The ten of us had a huge hall to sleep in and also a store room to keep our belongings.

The hall had two fans, and I always slept right under one of them. One night, the fan was running at full speed while I was fast asleep. I dreamt that something was falling on me, and I was just repeating Swami's name. Meanwhile, my friends tried to wake me up, and I got up wondering why they had to disturb me from a deep sleep. That’s when I realized that the fan had actually fallen on me. I had felt a warm touch but nothing else had happened. Two of the blades were bent in an L-shape and the other one was straight. It appeared as if the fan was carefully placed, in order to avoid any damage to my body.

Mrs. Ratan Lalji who lived right opposite us, our neighbour Mr. Rama Brahmamgaru and the Bhutias came running, after hearing a loud noise. I was the only one who had heard nothing. They all said that I should thank Swami for saving my life. But I took the incidence for granted and neither thanked Swami nor mentioned the incidence in my weekly letters to Him. I slept once again peacefully unmindful of what others where (it should be were) discussing about the issue. The fan was very hot and heavy. It required four girls to carry it into the store room. I behaved like a buffalo (Dunnapotha – as Swami lovingly calls me) indeed without any feelings. I almost forgot the incident.

A few weeks later Swami came to Brindavan. A van would come to pick us up from the ashram and take us to the city at 6.30 a.m. sharp. And we would return to the ashram at around 6 in the evening. That means, we missed both morning and evening darshan. Though we were living in the ashram right behind Swami's residence, we could not see Swami for two solid days. Our hearts longed for His darshan. However, we managed to see Swami through our window while He would have His dinner. Elders warned us that we shouldn’t be doing that. We wrote letters to Swami and sent them through Mr. Bhutia. We poured out our heart saying that He is not looking at us, not talking to us, not bothered about us and so on. We also wrote about a song ‘Brindavanam adi andaridi govindudu andari vade’ meaning the Krishna of Brindavan belongs to all. But we said that Swami was

kondari vade meaning belonging to only a few.

On the following day we did not want to go to the Hospital but were desperate to have His darshan. We all kept a vow of silence and started chanting a manthra of Hanuman, praying that the vehicle should not come. Hanuman came to our aid and the van did not turn up. We waited inside the ashram close to the Trayee gate till 8.30 a.m., and there was still no sign of the van. We felt very happy but Mrs. Bhutia, who believed that duty is more important than darshan, did not like our way of thinking, so we tried to appear less joyful than we felt. Meanwhile the darshan music had started, so we requested her permission to sit near the gate. This gate is exactly opposite to the one which Swami used for going to give (better to replace by word giving) darshan. Only animals were near this gate. We knew that Swami would never look this side but we

were feeling wonderful to at least see Him from that distance. She agreed and said, “Alright sit here.â€

As we sat watching the rabbits and deer, Swami came out and looked at us. We were happy that He had noticed us from that distance. Swami went on to the other side of the Trayee gate to give darshan. He told Mrs Bhutia who was working as a volunteer there: “Why did you make my children sit near that gate there? They are my children and they should be sitting on the V.I.P lawn!â€

After darshan she came to us conveying this message of Swami and said: “Sorry children, get ready by 2.30 p.m., I shall make you sit on the V.I.P lawn.†We were thrilled. At 2.30 p.m. we were all set and ready to have a closer glimpse of our Beloved Lord. As soon as He came He said: “Dasavatharalu, Bagunnara?†(How are you - ten incarnations? ) We said that we were fine. I had a habit of talking a lot with Swami. Swami asked: “Ami ee poddu hospital ki poleda?†(Why did you not go to the hospital today?) I opened my big mouth and said, “Swami, mee daya valla van raledu mee darshana bhagyam kaligindi†(Swami by Your Grace the van did not come and we are enjoying the fortune of Your darshan). He took rice grains from one of my friend’s plate and putting it on my head said, “Daya undi daya undi bangaroo! Daya undi

kanukanay…... lekuntay a poddu fan padinappudu nee neck povalsindi. Brundavanam adi andaridi ani aamay mo letters vrasaray! Swami ma vaipu choodadam ledu, maatho maatladadam ledu, mammalni pattinchu kovadam ledu ani vrasaray! Mari mee intanay, ventanay, jantanay undi kapada kuntay aa naadu kaapadindi evaru? Fan rekkalu ala L-shape lo vangadam sadhyamay na?†(Grace is there. If not, when the fan fell, your neck would have been chopped off. You have written the Brindavan song and also that Swami does not talk to you, look at you and does not bother about you. If I am not always with you, who protected you then? Is it possible to bend the blades of the fan in an L-shape?) Then He continued pointing at me, “You are sleeping like Dunnapothu, not bothering to see if the nuts and bolts are tight or not. Never say that Swami is not with you. I am in you, around you, above you, below you.â€

I did not open my mouth after that. I was grateful to Bhagawan for giving me a new life. I then decided that this life given by Him will be lived only for Him.

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new 7 Mail now.

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.