IndiaDivine.org

There is nothing more sacred than motherhood - Swami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"There is nothing more sacred than motherhood. We need children who fulfil the aspirations of their mothers. We also need women who embody motherhood. In order to foster such lofty ideals we have chosen the 19th of November as Ladies Day. The mother of this body was Easwaramma. She was not a scholar. She did not know even alphabets. Yet, she always spoke good things in life. Her heart was filled with compassion. One day she approached Swami and said, "Swami there are so many rich people in this region. Yet, the children of our village have to walk all the way to Bukkapatnam to

attend school. My heart grieves to see these little children walk miles. Swami, could you please build a small school in our village?" I replied, "I don't have money!" She immediately removed the gold chain from her neck, gave it to me and said," Swami, please sell it and build a school." I told her, "Don't be hasty, it is only to test you I said so, I will definitely construct a school." On the following day, the foundation was laid, and within a short period the school building was ready. Then I asked her if she was happy. She did not appear completely satisfied. I asked her, "What else bothers you?" She replied, "Swami, when children fall ill, their mothers carry them all the way to Bukkapatnam for medical treatment and things may go wrong on the way. So please build a small hospital in the

village." Thus, she always thought of the welfare and happiness of others. She used to say; "It is not enough if these facilities are available only in our village. They must be available to all the villagers around, and everyone should be happy." - From Swami's 2001 Ladies Day Discourse

Love shopping? Click here to find the best shops in every city.