IndiaDivine.org

FROM PUTTAPARTHI...CHICAGO SPEECH & THE FROGS !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

(If you don't want these divine experiences, send an '' mail)

The World Parliament of Religions, Chicago, Sept 11, 1893

Swami Vivekananda spoke, and started with these few words: "Sisters and Brothers of America."

The 7,000 people in the audience, immediately feeling the depth of his sincerity, rose to their feet and according to reports, "went into inexplicable rapture with standing ovation and clapping that lasted for more than 3 minutes."

He said, "I thank you in the name of the most ancient order of monks in the world; I thank you in the name of the mother of religions, and I thank you in the name of millions and millions of Hindu people of all classes and sects."

He also told a very powerful story:

A frog lived in a well. It had lived there for a long time. It was born there and brought up there, and yet was a little, small frog. Well, one day another frog that had lived in the sea came and fell into the well.

"Where are you from?"

"I am from the sea."

"The sea! How big is that? Is it as big as my well?" and he took a leap from one side of the well to the other. "My friend," said the frog of the sea, "how do you compare the sea with your little well?"

Then the frog took another leap and asked, "Is your sea so big?"

"What nonsense you speak, to compare the sea with your well!"

"Well, then," said the frog of the well, "nothing can be bigger than my well; there can be nothing bigger than this; this fellow is a liar, so turn him out!!!"

I am a Hindu. I am sitting in my own little well and thinking that the whole world is my little well. The Christian sits in his little well and thinks the whole world is his well. The Mohammedan sits in his little well and thinks that is the whole world!!!

SWAMI VIVEKANANDA's message of the 1800's is as timely and fitting now, in the 2000's, as it was then, over 100 years ago!!!

This 1st message of Swami Vivekananda in America, often said to be a key point of the bridging of Eastern and Western spirituality, and the coming of yoga to the West, was given on September 11, 1893.

Exactly 108 years later on September 11, 2001, was the date of the bombing of the World Trade Center!!! In the East, the number 108 has been described as having great significance!!!

http://www.swamij.com/swami-vivekananda-1893.htm

http://www.theuniversalwisdom.org/hinduism/why-we-disagree-vivekananda/#more-6

The story about the REBIRTH of SWAMI VIVEKANANDA has already been posted twice. It has been said that he will come to live in Prashanti Nilayam ashram in the year 2021. If any of the readers want this DIVINE EXPERIENCE to be sent, please send us a mail. (2 snaps attached)

Guest guest

Wonderful information.

Sai Ram

well?" and he took a leap from one side of the well to the other.

"My friend," said the fr

-----Ursprüngliche Mitteilung-----

Von: sairam gurukulam <sairam.gurukulam

Verschickt: Do., 15. Mai. 2008, 10:06

Thema: FROM PUTTAPARTHI...CHICAGO SPEECH & THE FROGS !!!

(If you don't want these divine experiences, send an '' mail)

The World Parliament of Religions, Chicago, Sept 11, 1893

Swami Vivekananda spoke, and started with these few words: "Sisters and Brothers of America."

The 7,000 people in the audience, immediately feeling the depth of his sincerity, rose to their feet and according to reports, "went into inexplicable rapture with standing ovation and clapping that lasted for more than 3 minutes."

He said, "I thank you in the name of the most ancient order of monks in the world; I thank you in the name of the mother of religions, and I thank you in the name of millions and millions of Hindu people of all classes and sects."

He also told a very powerful story:

A frog lived in a well. It had lived there for a long time. It was born there and brought up there, and yet was a little, small frog. Well, one day another frog that had lived in the sea came and fell into the well.

"Where are you from?"

"I am from the sea."

"The sea! How big is that? Is it as big as my well?" and he took a leap from one side of the well to the other.

"My friend," said the frog of the sea, "how do you compare the sea with your little well?"

Then the frog took another leap and asked, "Is your sea so big?"

"What nonsense you speak, to compare the sea with your well!"

"Well, then," said the frog of the well, "nothing can be bigger than my well; there can be nothing bigger than this; this fellow is a liar, so turn him out!!!"

I am a Hindu. I am sitting in my own little well and thinking that the whole world is my little well. The Christian sits in his little well and thinks the whole world is his well. The Mohammedan sits in his little well and thinks that is the whole world!!!

SWAMI VIVEKANANDA's message of the 1800's is as timely and fitting now, in the 2000's, as it was then, over 100 years ago!!!

This 1st message of Swami Vivekananda in America, often said to be a key point of the bridging of Eastern and Western spirituality, and the coming of yoga to the West, was given on September 11, 1893.

Exactly 108 years later on September 11, 2001, was the date of the bombing of the World Trade Center!!! In the East, the number 108 has been described as having great significance!!!

http://www.swamij.com/swami-vivekananda-1893.htm

http://www.theuniversalwisdom.org/hinduism/why-we-disagree-vivekananda/#more-6

The story about the REBIRTH of SWAMI VIVEKANANDA has already been posted twice. It has been said that he will come to live in Prashanti Nilayam ashram in the year 2021. If any of the readers want this DIVINE EXPERIENCE to be sent, please send us a mail. (2 snaps attached)

Keine Grafik

Keine Grafik

Bei AOL gibt's jetzt kostenlos eMail für alle! Was es sonst noch umsonst bei AOL gibt, finden Sie hier heraus AOL.de.