IndiaDivine.org

Divine Prayer - Brahmaarpanam - Daily Food Prayer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Brahmaarpanam - Daily Food Prayer

From Bhagavad Gita 4.24 and 15.14

Brahmaarpanam Brahma HavirBrahmaagnau Brahmanaa HutamBrahmaiva Tena GantavyamBrahma Karma Samaadhinaha

This is 24th verse from the 4th chapter of Bhagavad Geetha.

The act of offering is Brahman. The offering itself is Brahman. The offering is done by Brahman in the sacred fire which is Brahman. He alone attains Brahman who, in all actions, is fully absorbed in Brahman.. (As we chant this prayer we are offering the different types of food to Brahman).

Aham Vaishvaanaro BhutvaPraaninaam DehamaashrithaPraanaapaana Samaa YuktahaPachaamyannam Chatur Vidam

This is 14th verse from the 15th chapter of Bhagavad Geetha. This sloka is a sort of acknowledgement and assurance to us from Brahman. "I am Vaishnavara, existing as fire God in the bodies of living beings. Being associated with ingoing (prana) and outgoing (apaana) life breaths, I will digest all the four different types of food (that which we bite and chew; that which we masticate with the tongue; those which we gulp; that which we swallow) and purify them."

Harir Daatha Harir BhokthaHarir Annam PrajaapatihHarir Vipra ShareerastuBhoonkte Bhojayathe Harih.

Oh Lord Hari, You are the food, You are the enjoyer of the food, You are the giver of food. Therefore, I offer all that I consume at Thy Lotus Feet.

The meaning of Brahmaarpanam Mantra as wonderfully told by Swami:

Brahmaarpanam Brahma HavirBrahmaagnau Brahmanaa HutamBrahmaiva Tena GantavyamBrahma Karma Samaadhinaha

The whole creation being the gross projection of Bramham, the Cosmic Consciousness itself; the food too is Bramham, the process of offering it is Bramhan; it is being offered in the fire of Brahman. He who thus sees Brahman is action, reaches Bramham alone.

Aham Vaishvaanaro BhutvaPraaninaam DehamaashrithaPraanaapaana Samaa YuktahaPachaamyannam Chatur Vidam

I, the Supreme Spirit, abiding in the body of living beings as the Fire (Vaiswanara) in their stomach I am associated with their Praana and Apaana, digest the four type of foods (solids, fluids, semi-fluid and liquid) which they eat.

Reference: Daily Prayers to Bhagwan compiled by Smt. Kausalya Rani Raghawan.

Om Sai Ram

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now