IndiaDivine.org

Rama Navami Message

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sai Ram

Wishing a Very Happy Rama Navami & Vishu to all

Due to some unavoidable circumstances Bro.Swamy Mahadevan can't

able to participate with all sai groups for another 15 to 20 days.

On behalf of Bro.Swamy Mahadevan our sssd group will be posting His Rama Navami

earlier Message

Sai Ram

SSSD Group

Ram Navami Message

When in distress we seek for someone to help us. Wepray God for His divine intervention. We try to cashon the social position of our relatives and friendsalike for that purpose. However we do not, at times,get the desired help, all our efforts notwithstanding.On the other hand, at times, someone unexpectedlyappears on the scene and helps us. Then we thank Godfor sending such a helpful friend. Thereafter whileintroducing this friend to others we address him as"my friend". In this context keeping in view the basicprinciples of the Hindu karma theory as pronounced inour scriptures and practiced by the spiritual masters,a moot question needs to be answered i.e. does or doesnot the cause and effect dynamics operate here? Thekarma theory would say that this helpful friend was anassociated character of a certain past life and was topay back the good act of rendering help as

Rinanubandh(payment of the past debts). It means that by one'sdeeds of the past life (lives), one has earned thisfriend. Be as it may, let us examine this issue fromthe point of view of the sudden appearance of an enemyat a certain distressful point of time in life. Ourimmediate reaction begins from annoyance and leads torevenge ex-anger. There after we normally startvilifying him and address him as "my enemy". Thus, ourentire life sees the world as full of "my friends" and"my enemies". But if "our friends" were created by ourpast deeds, which we glorify secretly then is it notlogical that "our enemies" must have been created bycertain acts committed by us in the past life (lives).Let us therefore agree to say that in our lives "myfriends" and "my enemies" have to be equally addressedto, as both have been created by me and are "mine".Since both of them have been created due to

karmicbandhan (Rinanubandh) isn't it our duty to neutralizethe effects of both in this life so that we don'tcarry forward the seeds of cause-effect to the nextlife. Herein karma theory would say that a friendreturns the pleasurable experience(s) as we had givensame or similar pleasurable experiences to him in pastlife. Similarly an enemy would pay back the unpleasantor painful experience(s) because we had given him sameor similar painful experience(s) in the past. Whenfacing a situation of unhappiness created by the enemywe have two options to deal with him-either by goingthrough painful experience(s) we neutralize itseffects or by reacting adversely we carry forward achain of reaction to future lives. Here comes in thewisdom of saints like Shri Shirdi Sai Baba. The storyof the frog and snake named as Chenbassapa andVeerbhadrappa respectively as illustrated in Shri SaiSatcharitra is

a pointer towards the correct answer toour question. Shri Sai Baba has advised his devoteesnot to react sharply and adversely towards enemieswith equal and opposite negativities but to allownegative effects of past karmas reflected through theenemy to neutralize gradually. This highly evolved andcritical theory of Karma (cause and effects) canperhaps be better understood through a simple example.Suppose one releases an arrow from a bow, then whathappens! The arrow at the release point will move withthe highest velocity and will gradually slow down dueto mid-air friction and take a curvaceous path due tothe gravity of earth before hitting the target.However, the moment it hits the target, or failingwhich hits the earth, its force is neutralized. Thismeans that more the distance the arrow travels theless momentum it creates at the impact point. Greaterdistance means greater time and less

impact. When weassimilate the basic principles of these two theoriesof metaphysics and physics, we come to the conclusionthat instead of directly reacting to an enemies'wrath, it is wiser to show a little tolerance andallow time to reduce the impact of the enemies'conduct. When Shri Sai Baba spoke of "Saburi" itincluded this aspect of handling of enemies withpatience and consideration. This message of the seershanded over to the human society from time to time isunfortunately lost sight of and that is the cause ofmost of the social malice that we face today.

Let us pray Shri Sai to give us the intellect andwisdom to make tomorrow's world a happier place tostay by following his principle of "Shraddha" and"Saburi"