IndiaDivine.org

The Lord of Time and Matter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Lord of Time and Matter

In this fascinating incident, The Late Shri.Howard Murphet demonstrates how Baba transcends time and matter:

One evening a party of us were sitting on the carpet in his suite; Ramanatha Reddy, the doctor, the young men, Iris (Mr. Murphet’s wife) and myself were there.

Swami asked me the year of my birth, and when I told him, He said that He would get for me from America a coin minted there in that same year.

He began to circle his down-turned hand in the air in front of us, making perhaps half a dozen small circles, saying, "It's coming now... coming... here it is!"

Then He closed His hand and held it before me, smiling as if enjoying my eager expectancy. When the coin dropped from His hand to mine, I noted first that it was heavy and golden.

On closer examination I found, to my delight, that it was a genuine milled American ten-dollar coin, with the year of my birth stamped beneath a profile head of the Statue of Liberty.

"Born the same year as you," Swami smiled. What would the sceptics say about this, I wondered.

Would they suggest that Baba carried around with him a stock of coins so that He would have one to match my year of birth. Such old American coins, now long out of circulation, would not be easy for Him to obtain in India through normal channels. I have no doubt whatever that this was one of Baba's many genuine apports.

While He circled his hand before us, some agency under his will had dematerialised this gold coin at some place somewhere, carried it at space-annihilating velocity, and re-materialised it in Sai Baba's hand.

From where did it come? Who knows? Baba would never say; perhaps from some old hoard, hidden, lost, forgotten long ago, and now belonging to no one alive.

Reference:

“Sai Baba: Man of Miracles†by Mr. Howard Murphet. Page: 84 (Paperback Edition, 1972). Published by Macmillan India Ltd

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required.