IndiaDivine.org

Thus Spake The Lord

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thus Spake The Lord

I have heard discordant voices emanating from this town, and whispers that if Sathya Sai Baba is really Divine, why is the Bukkapatnam Tank dry during the greater part of the year? Some of you here might have heard such statements, made by irresponsible persons who have no knowledge of the working of Cosmic Laws. What is the relationship between My Truth and the freshes that fill the tank of your village? It is really an absurd idea: that since Sai Baba is within four miles of this place, the Bukkapatnam Tank must be full all the year round and the lands below it must yield good profit for the owners! Why should I expend My Grace especially on this tank, as proximity gives greater attachment? All places are equally near for Me and, if they turn away from good ways, all are equally far! For Me, distance is not to be measured by miles. A tank in another continent might be as near to Me as a tank across the Chitravathi.

Again, unless the people of this village have deposited amounts in the bank, how can the bank honor the cheques they draw? Have you deposited devotion to the Lord, service to your kind, faith in your spiritual practice? Then alone can you draw upon the Grace that is won by such exertion: Grace is proportionate to exertion.

Reference: Sathya Sai Speaks, Vol. IV, Chapter 14.