IndiaDivine.org

Thus Spake The Lord

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thus Spake The Lord

I shall not change my course even by a hair's breadth, as a result of what people may say about Me. I am not afraid of any one or thing. Truth has no fear; untruth shivers at every shadow. This body of mine is named Sathya (Truth); the principle that is in the body is also Truth. Truth enclosed in Truth has been rendered the Truth of Truths (Sathyasya Sathyam). This Form has been assumed in order to lead mankind from untruth to Truth.

I eat as you do, move about as you do, talk in your language and behave as you can recognize and understand, for YOUR sake---not for My sake! I turn you towards the Divine, winning your confidence, your love, your submission, by being among you, as one of yourselves, one whom you can see, listen to, speak to, touch and treat with reverence and devotion. My plan is to transmute you into seekers of Truth (Sathya-anveshaks).

I am present everywhere, at all times; My Will must prevail over every obstacle; I am aware of the past, present and future, of your innermost thought and carefully guarded secrets. I am sarvaantharyaami, sarva shaktha and sarvajna (Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient). Nevertheless, I do not manifest these powers in any capricious manner or merely for display. For, I am an example and an inspiration for whatever I do or omit to do. My life is a commentary on My message.

For example, you must have noticed that I never call a woman, alone for an 'interview'. I call women only in groups of ten or fifteen. I want that you should note this and infer that one has to be extremely cautious in dealing with the other sex, for, though I am above and beyond the Gunas, since this body is obviously masculine, I want to teach both men and women how they have to regulate their social behavior and be above the slightest tinge of suspicion, or of small talk.

Again, I am active and busy all the twenty-four hours of the day. Every day, the mail brings me thousands of letters, and you hand over to me personally hundreds more. Yet, I do not take the help of any one else, even to open the envelopes. For, you write to Me intimate details of your personal problems, believing that I alone will read them and having implicit confidence in Me. You write each one only a single letter; that makes for Me a huge bundle a day; and I have to go through all of them. You may ask, how I mange it? Well, I do not waste a single moment.

And, all this I do, not for personal gain, but only because I have come for your sake. I never seek another's help; I offer help, never receive it. My Hand always gives; it never takes. Conclude from this that this must be Divine, not human power.

Reference: Sathya Sai Speaks, Vol. X, Chapter 30.