IndiaDivine.org

Thus Spake The Lord

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thus Spake The Lord

There are some who declare glibly, "O, I have surrendered my body, mind, intellect, my everything to God." These people have no control over their minds and the emotions and passions they are filled with. They have no mastery over their reason. They are not even able to regulate their bodies. So, it is indeed ridiculous for them to claim that they have offered them to God. How can they give to God what is not theirs? What right have they? How can any one accept the gift of something which does not belong to the giver?

In fact, you need not surrender anything at all. Love all beings---that is enough. Love with no expectation of return; love for the sake of love; love because your very nature is Love; Love because that is the form of Worship you know and like. When others are happy, be happy likewise. When others are in misery, try to alleviate their lot to the best of your ability. Practice Love through Seva (selfless service). By this means, you will realize Unity and get rid of the ego that harms.

Reference: Sathya Sai Speaks, Vol. XII, Chapter 4.