Fw: my doubts/Significance of MAHA Mrityunjaya Mantram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

---

sairam .

I have reproduced this from the ( below) MAIL sent to the group by

sai g.balasubramanian .

MY doubts are -

1. Do the 'Chanters' really know what they are asking for ?

I have seen great ' chanters ' who are jus not even near the meaning of

the following , but they chant it !

2. Is it not required the Chanter to inbibe ' shradha' in attempting to

following the manthra he chants . TO me chanting is not jus a business!!

3. Could any one enlighten me on :

If One simply chants this manthra and still llives like a ' rotten cucumber '

( and not getting ready for God to make him ripe ) ..To me it amounts to

insulting the very God , calling to Him for a task that you are not ready for ,

is like ridiculing God !!

4 . in all .

PLEASE TELL ME

IF MERE CHANTING IS ENOUGH AND THERE IS NO NEED TO WORRY

ABOUT FOLLOWING THEM IN LIFE . WILL MERE CHANTING CNANGE

OUR ATTITUDES . IS MERE CHANTING JUS ENOUGHT AND IS REALLY

A WAY IN WHICH TO ATTAIN DEATH IN ITS SUPREME FORM

SAIRAM SAIRAM SAIRAM

SAI RUKMANI

The mantra means:-

WE WORSHIP THE THREE-EYED ONE(LORD SIVA)

WHO IS FRAGRANT AND WHO NOURISHES WELL ALL BEINGS;

MAY HE LIBERATE US FROM DEATH TO IMMORTALITY

JUST AS THE RIPE CUCUMBER IS RELEASED (SEVERED)FROM ITS BONDAGE (CLINGING) TO THE CREEPER.

--- On Thu, 28/8/08, G. Balasubramanian <gbsub1 wrote:

G. Balasubramanian <gbsub1[sAIBABADIVINE] Significance of MAHA Mrityunjaya Mantramsaibabadivine , saigroup_borivali_samithi , saibabanews , saidharma , , "SBOI Group" <Thursday, 28 August, 2008, 2:16 PM

Loving SAI RAMs,

A personal mail has been received by this humble self from one of the Members of SAI family requesting for providing explanation about the MAHA Mrityunjaya Mantram.

Let me state the Mantra proper before we understand the meaning of the Mantra:-

OM TRYAMBAKAM YAJAMAHE SUGANDHIM PUSHTIVARDHANAM

URVARUKAMIVA BANDHANAN MRITYOR MUKSHEEYA MAAMRITAAT

NOTE:The above mantra is taken from THE Srirudram or Namakam PORTION OF YAJURVEDA .The Mantra as typed above does not contain any swaras or intonations which WILL have to be learnt from a competent Veda Guru.

This humble self would advise that Vedic Mantras should be learnt from a competent Veda Guru for grasping proper intonations or swaras. Of late, people have started chanting Veda mantras by listening to CDs and Casettes. This trend is ,no doubt, a welcome development. But there are many who do not chant the mantras in the same way as it has been chanted in the CDs or Casettes and with the right intonations. Hence the above observation. Chanting Vedic Mantras in a manner other than that prescribed in the Authentic text of Vedas is counter-productive and can harm the person chanting the Mantra. With this prelude, let me switch over to the meaning of the Mantra.

The mantra means:-

WE WORSHIP THE THREE-EYED ONE(LORD SIVA) WHO IS FRAGRANT AND WHO NOURISHES WELL ALL BEINGS; MAY HE LIBERATE US FROM DEATH TO IMMORTALITY JUST AS THE RIPE CUCUMBER IS RELEASED (SEVERED)FROM ITS BONDAGE (CLINGING) TO THE CREEPER.

SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT ARISE IN OUR MINDS AT THIS POINT OF TIME ARE AS FOLLOWS:-

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CHANTING THIS MANTRA? CAN I POSTPONE/AVOID/ ESCAPE FROM DEATH BY CHANTING THIS MANTRA? ANY NUMBER OF SUCH QUESTIONS CAN BE ASKED.

LET US REMEMBER ONE THING. "FOR A PERSON BORN DEATH IS A CERTAINTY", AS STATED BY LORD KRISHNA IN THE SECOND CHAPTER OF THE GITA. HENCE DEATH CAN NEITHER BE AVOIDED NOR ESCAPED FROM. DEATH WILL COME TO EACH ONE OF US ONE DAY OR THE OTHER. WE ALL HAVE COME INTO THIS WORLD WITH A RETURN TICKET IN OUR HAND WHEREIN THE DATE OF JOURNEY IS WRITTEN IN AN INK WHICH GOD ONLY CAN DECIPHER.

THE MANTRA HELPS US TO OVERCOME ALL TYPES OF FEAR,GRANTS GOOD HEALTH AND HOLISTIC GROWTH. THE SASTRAS HOLD THAT CORRECT CHANTING OF THE MANTRA PROTECTS ONE FROM ACCIDENTS,BESTOWS HEALTH,WEALTH, LONG LIFE,PEACE,PROSPERI TY AND FULFILMENT. IT IS SAID THAT THE MANTRA HAS CURATIVE EFFECTS ON DISEASES DECLARED INCURABLE.

SWAMY SAYS,"DEATH IS NOT A DEPLOREABLE EVENT; IT IS THE JOURNEY`S END,THE OWNER GETTING OUT OF THE CAR WHEN THE TIME IS OUT AND THE GOAL IS REACHED."

THE PRAYER,IN EFFECT, MEANS--"O GOD,WHEN I LEAVE THIS WORLD,LET ME DROP EFFORTLESSLY (ANAAYAASENA MARANAM) AND JOYFULLY LIKE A FULLY RIPE FRUIT .

BY CHANTING THIS MANTRA WE CAN ESCAPE FROM UNTIMELY DEATH. IT IS BELIEVED THAT THIS MANTRA WARDS OFF DEATH BY SNAKE-BITE ETC.,LIGHTNING, ACCIDENTS BY WATER,FIRE,AIR AND IN FACT, ACCIDENTS BY ANY MEANS. iT IS MORE A MANTRA AGAINST DISEASES AND ACCIDENTS THAN AGAINST DEATH per se. IT IS ALSO A MOKSHA MANTRA. ON THE OCCASION OF ONE`S ANNUAL BIRTH ANNIVERSARY ACCORDING TO HINDU CALENDAR, IF ONE CHANTS THIS MANTRA A LAKH TIMES AND PERFORMS HAVAN WITH THIS MANTRA AND FEEDS THE POOR AND SICK, HE BEGETS LONG LIFE,PEACE AND PROSPERITY. SO DECLARE THE SASTRAS.

G.BALASUBRAMANIAN

Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now