IndiaDivine.org

Swami's Memorable 2004 Dasara Discourse

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Normally, I do not like to speak about My physical self. However, I am revealing certain aspects of My daily routine with the hope that they will serve as guidelines for you.

I wake up four times during night. Usually I get up from bed at 12 hours at midnight, brush My teeth and also clean the tongue and mouth thoroughly.

Again, I repeat the process at 1.30 a.m., 3 a.m.. and 4.30 a.m. The boys who sleep in My room to attend to My needs during the night may find it inconvenient sometimes as their sleep is disturbed. However, I strictly adhere to this routine so that My tongue, mouth and teeth are always clean. I feel happy only when My tongue and mouth are clean. A clean tongue helps in maintaining purity of body and mind. You might have observed Me talking to a number of people, everyday.

I will spend even 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes talking to those who keep a clean tongue and whose mouth does not emit bad odour. On the other hand, I do not talk to those with bad odour even for two minutes. During our sleep, bacteria get generated and they stick to our tongue and teeth on all sides of the mouth. They have to be removed by proper brushing of the teeth and a thorough cleaning of the tongue and mouth.. Only then can we be healthy and happy.

Apart from physical cleaning, our tongue must be engaged in speaking sacred and pure words. Following this principle, I am putting My tongue to proper use by engaging Myself in sacred activities. It is only after I clean My body properly, I come out of My chamber.

By the time I come out of My room, a boy looking after the kitchen brings the ragi gruel. I partake of the gruel and feel very happy and energetic. Except this ragi gruel, I do not take any other item during early morning. I do not have breakfast. After taking the gruel, I once again clean my mouth. Then, I drink some fresh water and come down.

Several people may be wondering as to what I have for My breakfast. Nothing; I have no taste for snacks at all! A glass of cool water is all that I like to have. Thereafter, I spend some time happily with devotees, giving darshan and talking to some; I also give interviews to selected people. I am always pure in body and mind. My words are pure, My thoughts are pure and My acts are pure and sacred.

A human being should always be natural and pure.. He should not be artificial, wearing gaudy dress and applying perfumes and colours. This may be necessary to a certain extent. But, of what use is it to apply perfumes when the body is full of bad odour? My body always emits natural effulgence and divine fragrance, because I never entertain bad thoughts. “A sound mind in a sound body†is the principle I follow. In order to teach such good habits to others, I always maintain My body and mind in a pure and unsullied condition.

Sometimes, I wake up the boy sleeping in my room at 12 hours at midnight and again at 1 a.m. This may cause some inconvenience to the boys. They may feel a little inconvenience during that particular moment, but soon forget the same and attend to Swami’s needs. Thus, the body must always be kept in a clean and fit condition, since it is a sacred instrument provided by God.

Since I give utmost importance for cleanliness of the body, others would also like to emulate Me. By following My good habits and moving along with Me, people command respect in society.

- From Bhagawan's Dasara Discourse 21.10.2004

Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here