IndiaDivine.org

170 Birthday Anniversary of Shirdi Sai Baba

Rate this topic

Guest guest

AUM SAI RAM

Sri Sai Baba of Shirdi lived form 1838 AD TO 1919 AD. To-day, Sunday 28.10.2008, Sai devotees of the Sri Sathya Sai Centre of Curepipe, Wooton, Mauritius celebrated the One Hundred and Seventieth Birthday anniversary of Shirdi Baba with serenity, devotion and fervour. In remembrance of the Holy vision of Shirdi Sai Baba which devotees experienced at the Centre for the 82nd Birthday Celebrations of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, on the 23rrd of November last, this morning ceremony was exceptionally awe-inspiring, uplifting and …divinely Divine!

The Islamic devotees of ShirdiBaba believed that He was a Muslim whereas the Hindus thought that He was an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

" You are asking me who I am. I am a poor beggar, a slave of God. ALLAH Malik. " But the next day, Baba will say: " I am Ganapathi, Maha Luxmi, and Narayana! "

Here is a description of the innate divinity of Sri Shirdi Sai Baba, His Omnipresence, Omnipotence and Omniscience-

One day, the villagers, who generally supplied him with oil for the

masjid lamps, refused the supply. That night, Baba took up the lamps without oil, filled them with water and inserting a wick in each, kept them burning on water only. That gave a rude shock to the villagers' view of his being a crazy and careless person. By that time, Baba had ceased to treat the sick with medicines. He dispensed udhi

(the sacred ash of the fire that He perpetually kept burning at His mosque and the patients who tasted it or smeared it on their forehead were restored to health. In cases of obsession by evil spirits, black magic, mental problems and sorrows, the same udhi given with His blessings were used and showered relief. Baba showered these gifts and benefits with uniform kindness and perfect equality regardless of class, caste and creed. Baba never accepted any reward or recompense.

In 1916, a devotee had invited Baba to dine at her house. Baba had accepted the invite. She spent a lot of time preparing and cooking a very special meal. She was waiting for Baba when she was startled to see a dog at her back door. She tried to shoo the dog away but he refused to go. She became so angry. She thrashed the dog very hard with a stick and removed him forcibly from her premises. Then she waited and waited for Baba. He did not arrive. The next day, she asked Baba about His promise to eat at her house. Baba replied " I came and you kicked me out! " JAI SAI RAM!

At the Lotus Feet of SAI

Anita