IndiaDivine.org

Bhasma - The Holy Ash

Rate this topic

Guest guest

AUM SAI RAM

'Every ritual has a spiritual significance behind it. When compared to the first word 'ritual' ,the second word 'spiritual' has three extra letters S P I. It means that every ritual can impart S P I, that is, Spiritual Power to the Individual who performs the ritual, only if special attention is paid to the inner meaning and significance of the ritual'. Baba

Dear Sai Family,

The holy ash which was brought to Mauritius on 25.11.2008 was distributed by to all devotees present at the Grand Yajna yesterday. Organised by the Mauritius Sri Sathya Sai Paaduka Samithi, the Yajna was performed by Sri Guru Sanjiva Appadu Varu to thank Bhagawan Baba for blessing His Mauritian devotees with the BHASMA (the Holy Ash) from the Sahasra Poorna Chandra Darshanam Shanti

Mahotsavam Yajna held in Puttaparthi on 15,16 and 17.12.2008.

I have made enquiries and obtained valuable information about the 'BHASMA' which I wish to share with you.

The ash of any burnt object is not regarded as holy ash.

BHASMA (the holy ash) is the ash from the homa

(sacrificial fire) where special wood along with pure cow ghee, herbs, pulses, camphor, incense, fruits and sweets are offered to the Lord as a form of worship.

BHASMA is generally applied on the forehead. Some apply it on certain parts of the body like the upper arms and the chest. Some ascetics rub it all over the body. Many more consume a pinch of it on receiving it.

The word BHASMA means THAT BY WHICH OUR SINS ARE DESTROYED AND THE LORD IS REMEMBERED.

BHA implies BHARTSANAM (to destroy) and SMA implies SMARANAM (to remember).The application of BHASMA therefore signifies the destruction of evil and the remembrance of the divine. Bhasma is called 'vibhuti' which means Glory. It gives Glory to the one who applies it and also Raksha (protection).It protects the wearer from ill health and evil by purifying him/her.

JAI SAI RAM

At the Lotus Feet of Sai

Anita