IndiaDivine.org

School Chale Hum

Rate this topic

Guest guest

School Chale Hum

http://search./search;_ylt=A0geu.rxlzpJlaUAtr5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB2NGQ3ZGszBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01BUDAxMV8xMTA-?p=School+Chale+Hum & fr2=sc-sb & fr=ush_mailm & vs=youtube.com & ei=UTF-8

In case the above link does not actually connect you with the video, you can get YouTube on your computer screen, and type in School Chale Hum in the search space ... I hope you will want to see it, and that you will like it and feel happy at the efforts at improving education all over India that are surely part of the great surge towards the golden age coming from Swami, even though He is not actually mentioned ... but it is not possible that He is not felt everywhere .....

*** Loving Greetings & Sai Ram ***

The other day when Swami said it was not necessary to send students to foreign countries for their education, that a proper education was available in India, I was simply overjoyed. I am sure it will all happen: as He said, what He wills must come about. Sai Ram !!!!

I know how Swami has been working to re-establish the Gurukulam traditions. He once said that "the lamp of Arma Vidya was first lit in Bharat." But the the number of Sai schools is still small in comparison to the population of the country. I have often grieved over all that. When I was staying in India near Swami some time back, the daily routine I observed at Brindavan (where I was staying) was sathwic, remarkably beautiful, and promoted much happiness.

I noticed however, that just as the leopard does not lose his spots, Indian public school education - even though Swami did not directly have a hand in the daily schedules - still had echoes and whispers of the old traditions: the care and love and respect for students, the return in kind from the students, the love of education, and the solid pull of Indian tradition that held it all together, even though the public schools were at a still point at that time.

However, recently whilst surfing, I found this lovely little video mentioned above, made for the Indian government in an effort to encourage attendance in public schools. Upon seeing it, it reminded me of the film, "Apu," from the great Indian film maker, Satyajit Ray, as part of his trilogy, "Pather Panchali," made many years ago. However, rather than watching an adorable young boy wandering alone, hardly visible in the tall wheat growing in the fields near his Indian village, with nothing to do, no promise of anything for his future, in School Chale Hum we see many adorable children of all different groups, enchaning in their youth, with scrubbed happy faces, busy with their work..... and the video also shows lovely scenes of Indian life, supportive of schools, of group efforts, and group activities ..... so the children have a chance at Atma Vidya and a chance to be with each other, to have company, and a hope for their futures..... even though they still do not have all those nice vows to take as do the Sai students, as we saw in the lovely videos of convocation just a few days back -- vows that any child would be happy and immensely reassured to take, knowing that they are not meaningless, and knowing that following such invocations will bring happiness ... at last !!! Swami offers us all the nicest things for us to do, is that not so ? I wish I were still a child and such a good student ....

So....when I first saw School Chale Hum, I was feeling a little reassured that all would one day be well, that beyond Swami's schools there is still something special and Indian going on, that in spite of the fact that we still have only a few of Swami's schools, India - like the great Phoenix rising from the ashes - will come through victorious. But, to hear that Swami Himself had actaully said that the other day was unspeakably sweet. Jai Sai Ram !!!! I think I will try not to worry.

with loving thoughts and wishes : DLS