IndiaDivine.org

Sai Spiritual Education

Rate this topic

Guest guest

AUM SAI RAM

'In fact, spiritual education is the only true education which will establish the existence of God'- BABA

Last Saturday, I was invited to the Annual Balvikas Gurus and Parents Meet at the Sri Sathya Sai Centre of Curepipe. As usual, I was early. While I waited for a cultural program by Balvikas children to start, I sat cross-legged on the floor in the midst of anxious parents who had come to have their young children admitted to our Balvikas classes and I read attentively the program which a Seva dal had handed out to me. I was blessed, I thought, to have had ample time to look closely at the detailed program of education offered by the Sai Spiritual Education.

Sai Spiritual Education lays the foundation for children, the adults of to-morrow, to learn about the universality and diversity of religion and how to appreciate each other's culture and understand that love binds people together as a human race.

My kids are now adults. It has been years since they quitted Balvikas to pursue academic studies. Nevertheless, it was nice to recall that Sai Spiritual Education is an eleven year program for children between the ages of 4 to 15 years. The moral and spiritual education classes are meant to help children develop their innate qualities of Truth, Righteousness, Love, Peace and Non-Violence through the medium of stories, songs, prayers, silent sitting/tuning-in and group activities.

Story-telling is a part of the syllabus and in the program, it was described as:

'This is usually a time for the children to listen and to learn. Stories capture their imagination'.

My mind then wandered away. I saw myself in the midst of the Mahila Group telling stories to women of all ages and of all walks of life. They are very fond of stories. No wonder, the Sweet Lord has had loads of captivating stories for them compiled in a book called the 'Chinna Katha'. Stories when told with love and devotion have the effect of a healing therapy. They help to relax and to switch the mind off anxiety,fear and other psychological problems. They suffuse the mind with bliss.

At the Lotus Feet of SAI

Anita