IndiaDivine.org

Thus Spake The Lord

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thus Spake The Lord

For Arjuna sought from Krishna not Preyas.....the pleasing, worldly glory of power and status and wealth; but Sreyas, the lasting glory of full Joy. He said, "Preyas is available for human effort; it can be won by human activity or Karma. Why should I crave from You what I can win by my own endeavour? I am not so foolish as all that. Grant me that Sreyas that is beyond the reach of my effort. Sreyas is not the fruit of Karma, it is the fruit of Grace!" Thus Arjuna rose to the height of Saranagathi, absolute self-surrender, the state called Prapaththi.

Much can be said of Saranagathi. Man surrenders his dignity and status to other men for various purposes in life; wealth, fame, possessions, pomp, power, etc. Bur rarely does he get the chance to surrender to the Lord for the sake of the Lord! How can he get the urge so long as he craves for the Aadheya and not the Aadhaara? He longs for the object, but does not long for the base on which the object rests. How long can a base less object satisfy? He wants the gift, not the giver, the created not the Creator, things from the Hand, but not the Hand! He is running after non-existent thing. Can there be an object without a pre-existent Cause? No; if there is one, it can only be the Un-caused God. It is , therefore, sheer ignorance to surrender individually for the sake of the transitory products of action, the 'caused' rather than the Cause. Surrender rather to the Basis, the Cause and the Origin of All, the Sarveswara. That is genuine Saranagathi.

Source: Chapter 3, Geetha Vahini; Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.