IndiaDivine.org

My journal: Ugadi dream

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It was a small room, dimly lit, with thick walls, and a cool interior. Swami was sitting in a big chair, and I was sitting at his feet. There was some activity in the background, and Swami was waiting for someone or something. In the meantime, I asked him to sign my book. It was a small diary-like book. He took it from me and wrote across both pages and gave it back to me – he had written three lines in big letters, but it looked like Tamil. I laughed and told him I couldn’t read or understand Tamil, and if he could sign in Telugu instead. So he took it back, turned a page, and signed his name in Telugu – Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.

Ugadi is my favorite Telugu festival - there is something charming about the celebration. The fact that it is the first day of the Telugu calendar, the hope that this year could be different, that things will change for the better for me and for the world, that there is so much hope for the future. I also love the traditional pachadi made as prasadam – a delicious combination of green mangoes, tamarind, neem flowers, bananas and chilis – a representation of life – the sweet and the sour, the bitter and the spicy – the happy and the sad, the difficult and the exciting times of life.

It was a wonderful dream, sitting at his feet, in such an intimate and cozy setting. I wonder if he was trying to tell me something but I don’t yet understand. Or as Ma suggested, may be he was re-writing my fate with one flourish of his dainty hand. Or may be he was signing a book I’m yet to write (publish my diary / journal? J) In any case, it was nothing short of a blessing. I don’t know about my future fate, but my present has certainly been re-written, or

so it feels like. This journey has been fascinating, and I’m so enjoying watching it all unfolding.

Sai Ram and Love

sai_sravanthi_999