IndiaDivine.org

Mother Easwaramma's Loving Care

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mother Easwaramma's Loving Care

" Now it is 30 years since the mother of this body passed away. But she is still continuing to move about in her physical form around Swami. Three boys sleep in Swami's room. They have also witnessed her presence. I am telling this today because the life of ideal mothers has permanent significance.

In Prasanthi Nilayam, Swami takes breakfast after Bhajan and proceeds to His place in Poornachandra Auditorium. Early in the morning one day, mother Easwaramma was standing at the door in the usual form. I asked her: Why did you come? She said:

Swami i I have come here with a prayer to you. You are omnipresent and omniscient, but you have to control one thing. What is that? Swami asked. She said: 'Devotees and students offer handkerchief to you. But, heeding my prayer, please do not receive handkerchiefs from anybody. The times are not good. The handkerchief may be tainted with poisonous stuff. In the usual course, you use the handkerchief to wipe your nose and mouth only from those on whom you have confidence and trust as good devotees. Do not accept from all and sundry.'

Mother's love lives on for all times, long after her passing away. Twice she appeared in the night. The boys sleeping in my room noticed her presence. Those boys had not seen her at anytime. They wondered who the old lady could be. The key of the lift was in their hands and there was no staircase leading to the apartment. How did she manage to come here? When the boys asked this question, Swami woke up. I went near her and asked her why she had come again. She replied, 'I cannot live without seeing you often. The moment I see you I feel happy.' After saying so, she gave me some piece of advice, 'Swami, all persons describe themselves as devotees. But no one can tell who are real devotees and who are fake. Totally dedicated devotees will be ready to carry out anything you ask them to do, but there are others who come for their own self-interest. By coming to you they get their desires fulfilled and forget thereafter. In this matter, you should be very careful.' Swami replied, I shall take due care. There is no need for you to tell me. After hearing this, she laughed and left the room. I am conveying to you this episode as a direct testimony to the greatness of mother's love. She might have given up her physical body, but she is always with Swami. She said, " I have performed many sacrifices for your sake and have done many kinds of Poojas. I realised the proof thereof. For 40 years I was with you. My life has its fulfillment. "

Sai Baba, SS, 6/98, pp. 142 143