IndiaDivine.org

Did holy men practice reiki?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Did holy men practice reiki?

Reiki is a healing technique of transmitting life energy by placing the hands gently in specific positions either on or above the body. Were the miraculous blessings given by holy men in the past, also a form of reiki? CJ: Ankul Barar - Fri, Sep 18, 2009

I WAS at the Cathedral church of Delhi, Gole Market at Christmas eve and I saw a film on the life of Jesus Christ. The biographical film was extremely impressive and deeply influential to me.

One scene that particularly struck me was the moment when Christ healed a small boy in the village who had consumed poisoned food. The little boy was told to close his eyes, after which Christ touched his chest and said, “You are alright, feel.” The next moment, the child got up and figured that he was perfectly all right.

A similar kind of reference is even found in Indian Mythology, regarding Sai Baba. At many occasions in his life, the saint also practiced a similar kind of healing, miraculously healing even those who were near death. Even Reiki is said to be followed similarly. The healing practice traces to monk Mikao Usui and Japan. It had symbols which where worked upon to heal people and it was even possible to heal people from distance. One can hear a similar action in the tales of holy persons – how they could heal someone near death and how they could do so from a great distance. Their action of blessing humans from far was just what Reiki channels do.

So did holy figures like Christ and Sai Baba know Reiki? Is this the form of healing and blessing they used to practice? Reiki masters have no dominant evidences to it, but reckon that the conjecture might be true.

http://www.merinews.com/article/did-holy-men-practice-reiki/15784379.shtmlNo virus found in this outgoing messageChecked by PC Tools AntiVirus (6.0.0.19 - 10.004.090).http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/