IndiaDivine.org

Message for the week!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sairam,

Wish you all a happy Guruvaar. Anything happening on Thursday is viewed as being a will of BABA by Baba followers, most of us try to do things on Thursday if unplanned things happen on Thursday that is considered a double bonus. I am sure you would agree with me when I say that once we take refuge at HIS feet, everyday is a Thursday and every breadth we take in is by HIS will alone. So based on this analogy if we were to get disappointing news on Thursday what would be our reaction? I am sure we have all gone through a roller coaster of emotions when things did not go our way as we expected especially when the news is conveyed to us on Thursday. Hand on our hearts let us be honest. Have we tried to analyse why we were disappointed? I did not previously but now I keep thinking, may be it is not good for me, that is why BABA did not want me to have it. I would be lying if I said I was not disappointed, but with maturity (yay, atlast!) the intensity of my disappointment is short lived. One thing BABA clearly conveyed to us through Satcharita is - come what may we must keep doing your duty, and should not be moved by disappointments. Eventually we will win over the situation when the time is right. Here is the message for the week which BABA seems to be indicating that we have to not only read but assimilate it and apply in our lives...

"

Turning Water into Oil Sai Baba was very fond of lights. He used to borrow oil from shop-keepers, and keep lamps burning the whole night in the Masjid and temple. This went on for

some time. The Banias, who supplied oil gratis, once met together and decided

not to give Him oil. When, as usual, Baba went to ask for oil, they all gave Him

a distinct No. Unperturbed, Baba returned to the Masjid and kept the dry wicks

in the lamps. The banias were watching Him with curiosity. Baba took the Tumrel (tin pot) which contained very little (a few drops) of oil, put water into it and drank it and forced it fall in the container. After consecrating the tin-pot in this way, He again took water in the tin-pot and filled all the lamps with it and lighted them. To the surprise and dismay of the watching Banias, the lamps began to burn and kept burning the whole night. The Banias repented and

apologized. Baba forgave them and asked them to be more truthful in future. " Chapter 5 SSS.

When we act righteously and do not intend harm to anybody or cheat others, then let us be rest assured that God has our interest at His heart and we will win over the situation eventually. Till the time is right one must keep faith and have patience.

BABA bless us and guide us always.

Humble pranams

Sairam

Anitha Kandukuri http://www.angelfire.com/sd/SaidarbarCanberra Find it on Domain.com.au Need a new place to live?