IndiaDivine.org

God is one and the Goal is one - Swami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When you say "I am in the light; the light is in me, I am the light." 'I' symbolises love and devotion and light stands for wisdom. When you say, "I am in the light," it means devotion is contained in wisdom. The statement "the light is in me" reflects the truth that wisdom is contained in devotion. Light and love - you have to understand the unity of these two. Devotion is an essential prerequisite to know the reality.

You should develop love more and more and ultimately transform it into wisdom. Never ever follow mind. Whatever is the reason your mind and Vision must be firm on the Divine. It is with such single minded Devotion that all the great Sages performed penance and experienced bliss. Today people chant mantras and perform Japa. They do so for the sake of their Own mental satisfaction. They want to attain peace. In fact, what they get out of such practices is not peace but pieces! In a rosary there are 108 beads, but the thread that strings them together is one and same. It symbolises Divinity.

- From Bhagawan's Shivarathri Discourse in 2003