IndiaDivine.org

education does not mean simply importing knowledge.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

DIVINE DISCOURSE ON 6TH AUGUST 2008.

----------------------------- Education does not mean simply imparting knowledge. We learn many things from the text books. But, we may not be able to understand their real meaning. First and foremost, enquire into yourself “Who am I? Who am I? Who am I? Then you will get the real answer. Are you the mind? Or intellect? Or chittha? Or ego? Or body? You are none of these. No doubt the body, mind, intellect, etc., are all gifts of God. You have, of course, to respect them and value them. It is not enough if you read various texts and feel happy and contented that you have gained vast knowledge. Yesterday, one boy came to me and informed, “Swami, I have completed parayana of Sri Shirdi Sai Satcharithra.” When I enquired whether he had read the book fully, he replied that he had completely read the book without leaving a single letter. Then I enquired, “how many teachings of Baba contained in that book are you

practising?” He replied, “None, Swami,” Then, what for is this reading? For turning pages? Not at all. There should be a transformation in your heart. Then only your parayana (reading of sacred texts) will be sanctified. Devotees undertake several kinds of sadhana. But, they are not sadhana in the real sense. If you wish to see ‘reality’, you have to develop an inner vision. If you open your eyes and see the outside world, you will see a number of heads. On the other hand, close your eyes and look into yourself. Then you will see none but yourself. Hence, develop an inner vision. You enquire into yourself “Who am I?” Immediately reply comes from within “I am I”. That is the correct answer. People say “I am so and so; I am an American,” etc. These are not the real answers to the question “Who am I?” These are all outward names for identification in the external world. They are not important. What is important is self-enquiry. Then you will realise the Truth. Goldstein and Srinivasan who spoke earlier eulogised education. What they said related to worldly education. I do not agree. It should relate to you. Then only the concept of ‘I am I” can be realised. Tomorrow, I will provide answers to some of your questions that bother you in your daily life. I am sure very soon you will realise Divinity. I do not wish to speak about modern education. That everybody will do. Reading books and gaining worldly knowledge is not great. This is only bookish knowledge. You must gain knowledge of your own self (inner being). That is real knowledge. That is changeless and eternal. Truth is only one, not two. Truth is God. Righteousness is God. Peace is God. Love is God. Know this. “Love is God; live in love”. If you cultivate such selfless and divine love, you can achieve everything in life.

“God is one; goal is one”. If you develop firm faith in this maxim, you can understand everything. Your experiences and enjoyment in this material world are not important. They are not true. Behind these momentary experiences, there are some eternal values to be cultivated; some human qualities to be developed. These values and qualities have to manifest from within, not in the outside world. That is Educare. Educare means bringing out the latent qualities and values from the core of our inner being. The books you read in the outside world relate to education. But, this is ‘Educare’. What is needed today is ‘Educare’. If people develop ‘Educare’, all will be united. Take it from Me – in about 25 to 30 years’ time the entire world will become one. There will be only one caste, one religion, and one God. What is needed is such unity. Today, there are several differences between individuals on the basis of caste, creed, religion, language, nation, etc. Such differences should disappear and unity should prevail. The Veda has emphasised this unity in the declaration “Ekam Sath Viprah Bahudha Vadanthi” (Truth is one, the wise say it in different ways). That is the real world we are visualising. ....BABA.Ram ChuganiKobe, Japan