IndiaDivine.org

Money comes and goes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

AUM SAI RAM

" Money comes and goes. Morality comes and grows. Cultivate that morality.Whoever has morality, will never undergo difficulty. " - Baba.

Mid- January 2009, I was going through my financial records as I had spent a lot of money on travelling during the past few months. I told my accountant-son that similar to my first book, I should consider that I would never recuperate the costs of publishing my second book. He frowned and looked at me with one of those desperate looks.

'You are not publishing a new book on Sai Baba,I hope.'

'I am' I replied with a pinch of salt.

I collected my mail from the in-coming tray and left the office. On my way home and in the car, I opened a letter from the Development Bank of Mauritius. To my utter surprise, not only I had a savings account at the Deveoment Bank but I also had a balance amounting to exactly the sum I had spent to produce and publish my second book. Intrigued, I called the bank manager the next day to enquire about the account and the source of the money. He reminded me that I had, as a small planter, opened an accountant with his bank in the year 1999. I then withdrew the bigger part of the money to buy a duty-free 'four by four' truck to which small planters were entitled. I did not close the account, hence the balance on my account represented the interests which had accrued to me during the past ten years. Wow !! I exclaimed. This is a visiting card from Baba! I had completely forgotten that similar to Bhakta Potanah, I was a small 'haalika' (farmer).

At the Lotus Feet of SAI

Anita