IndiaDivine.org

DEVOTEE EXPERIENCE - By Geetha Reddy Anant, Hyderabad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

DEVOTEE EXPERIENCE

I was suffering from deception, material losses, betrayal and physical assault. The expected outcome was depression, very high sugar levels and severe diabetic condition with a reading of 460-75. I suffered because that was karmic. My secretary even presented me with Sai Satcharita - but my sanskaras perhaps prevented me from reading it. But His grace and blessings had to lead me to it.

Finally when the situation became desperate with court cases and police stations, losing properties in the court and I was left without even a house to stay in, I took shelter in a government quarter. Then one day a friend suggested that I visit the Sai temple and read Satcharita. I read it in a saptaah. Then I read it in one day. Then someone suggested I read Gurucharita. I read that too.

Each story and chapter was a revealing lesson to me. I learnt a lot. Meanwhile, my health improved. Earlier I could not walk and found it very painful to stand up after squatting for a while. I was detected with cancer in both breasts. I did parikramas.

The next scan projected an arrest - status quo. My health improved. My daughter secured a seat in medical school. I received the promotion that was denied to me for 23 years. One of my research articles caught the attention of the Prime Minister’s staff and I received appreciation.

Even now I get depressed because the forces that are creating difficulties are so many, but I chant the name of Sai - consciously and sub-consciously every waking minute of the day. He has finally, after testing me for years, willed so much progress in a span of three years.

He will right every wrong done to me by fellow men and women. I have found the beauty of his omnipresence even in China - when I wondered when I can see a champa flower. When I returned - the first Thursday after I returned, the priest at the temple gave me a champa flower from His lotus feet. He is there when I seek Him. Without Him I would have perished.

My only worry - this morning in chapter 16 of Sri Gurucharitra, I have read about the duties of a woman. I see that only women have responsibilities and duties. Men do not. No matter what husbands may do wives must tolerate and have forbearance and patience. I have been married for 24 years.

From day one I was exploited, abused, taunted, maligned, and beaten up. I had to bring up my two children with little or no support from my husband. He has neglected the children too. I have never neglected my duties as a daughter in law. They were my responsibility and I served them with pleasure. I cannot even repeat some of the things said to me.

I have paid up his debts. All this is possible by Sai's Grace. But as a mortal I always craved for a little concern - some affection - it has never come through. I am working and therefore financially not on the road. But in similar situations, women who are not educated, not employed, have to find other ways.

Why should they not remarry so someone better can take care of them? I know shaastras say something different. They were written when the world was not so materially oriented. Now everything is money based. So employment is important. If the husband cannot support should the wife commit suicide? What about the children?

I feel strongly that some system be evolved to make life more secure for women and children and old parents. Some of my doubts and questions are answered soon and some after a long time. But no query goes unanswered. I am developing more and more faith in Baba. I am sure He is The One!

Geetha Reddy Anant, Hyderabad