IndiaDivine.org

In a month that celebrates womanhood By Jasmine Shrestha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste

Sai Ram Swamy Mahadevanji,As women, how many times in our lives do we simply do things just because we want to? If we try to recollect even for a year gone by, we could probably count these moments on our fingertips. We are raised to be nurturers—to give…and we do so willingly and with pride. We are constantly fulfilling roles, and somewhere in that journey, we forget ourselves. That first whisper of grey in our hair, the first lines slowly etched on our faces…and that’s when we think of the time that has gone by. These lines tell their own story…they come from moments well spent on loved ones, of times that tested our limits, of joys and celebrations –big and small, of sacrifices, pain, disappointments, happiness: but a journey we would make yet again and again. A simple afternoon spent just on ‘me’, and I recollected memories of myself as a little girl, as a young woman waiting to explore the world…I recalled my

dreams, I remembered the achievements, what I desired but did not fulfil, and what remains yet to be done… In a month that celebrates womanhood, I thank all the women in my life for enriching it with their ties to me—the women already in my life, and the women who I have yet to meet. My canvas tells me a story—the story of every woman; a woman who celebrates life, who fills colours into so many other lives, a woman who loves to be a woman, a woman who carries in her the power to create change. She is every woman, she is me!

You have been a part of our lives for the past three years through the various segments and sections, through sharing your experiences and your deliberations, through your letters and your feedback, through your success and your courage, through your stories, and through your life.

The world may see me as successful, but if I don’t agree with it from within, it’s fake. And when I try to find an answer to my foundation as a man, I seek my answers in the reflection of the eyes that I see – in Ratan Pradhanga

Swamy Mahadevanji , Sai brother & Sai Groups – for that matter all the men and women around me. When I see success in these eyes - in terms of happiness, respect for each other and enjoyment of their work - I see my success, our success!

I am inspired by the achievements, courage and passion of the women we feature, I am inspired by the letters of encouragement from our Sai Brother .

This New Years as we go forward, I ask of you to try something that has left me feeling complete – forgive everybody, anything… that they may have or may not have done to you. Gandhi once said - The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. We have the power to change our world with that one act of forgiveness.

Wishing you all a joyous Happy Spring Time !

Your Daughter,

Jasmine Shrestha

Katmandu Nepal