IndiaDivine.org

Christ - The Non-Dual Self Realized Perfect (Real) Man, the True Atman abiding as One with the Father (Brahman)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Non-Dual Teachings of Christ:

" I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life. " John 8: 12

" All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made. " John I: 3

'In him was life, and the life was the light of men. " John I: 4

" And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness comprehendeth it not. " John I: 5

" That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that is born into this world. " John I: 9

Christ tells John: " I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending " sayeth the Lord, " which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. " Revelations, Ch I: 8,

" These things I have spoken to you that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulations: But be of good cheer; I have overcome (conquered) the world. " John 16: 33

" I give you a commandment: Love one another. " John 15: 12, 17

" For I have not spoken of myself, but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know his commandment is life everlasting. " John 12: 49

One might think from reading these passages that Christ always speaks as the Atman and of the Father as Brahman, or as the Self realized being One in relation to the All pervasive and timeless Self. Just as Krishna tells Arjuna that he taught Aditia (the Sun), Christ states:

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I AM. " John 8: 58

One can see from the way Christ always refers to the Father, as the doer of the miracles and all that He says, that regardless of His apparent actions, that He has no sense of being a doer, that all He says and does just happens, because He abides in the Father. Consider the following passage, where Jesus is speaking to the Apostles in John Ch 14:

" I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: No man cometh to the Father but by Me. (verse 6)

If you had known me, you should have known my Father also: and from hence forth you know him and have seen him. (verse 7)

" Philip said to Jesus, 'Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.' (verse 8)

" To which Jesus replied:

" Have I been so long with you, yet you have still not known me, Philip? He that has seen me has seen the Father; therefore, how do you say, 'Show us the Father'? (verse 9)

" Believe you not that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me he does the works. (verse 11)

" Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me, or else believe me for the very works' sake. " (verse 12)

Probably, the most profoundly direct instruction Christ gave concerning the teaching of non-dualism is from

" The light of the body is the eye: Therefore, when thine eye is single, your whole body will be filled with light.... " (Luke 11: 34)

This non-dual teaching is easily paraphrased as follows: The part of you that sees (the seer, one's Self) is your true light. Therefore, if you hold the seer (subject- " I " ) singlely or exclusively (versus giving attention to thoughts) you will have illumination - or what some call the " enlightenment of the whole body " . This is the exact instruction given in the non-dualVedanta tradition, with the same described outcome, as related above.

See the Vedic Verse and Avadhut Gita verse below:

Vedic Verse

In the highest golden sheath is the Godhead, unsullied, indivisible;pure is it, the Light of lights. He who knows the Self knows it. Neithersun nor moon nor stars shine there. Neither lightning nor fire findsthere a place. With the radiance of that Light alone all things shine.That radiance illumines all this world.

Atharva Veda, Mundaka Upanishad 2.2.9

Song of the Ever freeAvadhuta Gita

Chapter 7 Verse 4

In this state of realization, how can the Avadhutaconsider whether he has a body or not,or whether he has attachment or not?He himself is the immaculate, immovable, innate Reality-infinite as space.