IndiaDivine.org

Prayer,Divine Will and Our Past Sanskaras

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Beloved Doctor sir and Friends

Read Your experiences and interesting views on the subject

Swami Vivekanada in his famous lecture Karma Yoga gives us Reasoning for this types of situations happens in walks of life.

First of all there is Karya-Karana Niyama. According to it One gets What one Deserve and achieved.

if a Karma is Generated it will return,Good action will return in good results,and bad in bad results.

Every action is Karma Whether it done with intention or not, and every mental or physical action will

leave some impact or "Mudras" on the self .sum total of these Mudras (Impacts) would become "Sanskaras" and remain there with Self and developing through ages and life cycles in Journey towards God.

Our Acquired Past sanskaras is deciding factor in building one's Character in present life.Similarly Peculiar life situations every one faces (like jews in concentration camp) should be result of our past actions.Mother may lose her child to sickness or accidents or violence, because She has to face

this situation for her previous karmas even if she prays.

Our limited memory power only remembers the things done or karmas by us in present life only and not life before.Some times we gets immediate results for our actions and some times later.Adversities in life, situations we face in walks of life are result of our past Bad or Good actions.

But after all there is God in every self and has his divine will too he can relax these rule if he wishes,and Prayer is a medium to god.One can get desired results by means of Prayers. So praying and Praying from and with Heart Really matters in Material life (because we does some good karma while Praying) as well as spiritual life.

Thankyou,

Yours

Praveen

alahirySubject: Re: Re: Prayer and Divine Will : Tough thing to reconcile HELP!Hi, I myself have wondered about this issue for a long time and have come up with some answers. I am a cancer doctor and many a time patients want, to pray for their health ,life and others to to do the same for them. And there are similar examples in other walks of life. I have often wondered if heart felt prayers could change things then a mother may never lose her child to sickness or accidents or violence, because I think it will be hard to match the intensity of a mothers prayer to GOD for her child safety, health and life. But it does not happen. I am sure the jews in concentration camp prayed as intensely as possible for any human being, but they did die. I think GOD has different ideas of what kind of prayer He will listen to what He won.t, just like parents set rules for their kids.If every thing happens according to God's will and and they are all fixed , then there is no " free will", there is no "karma", there is no good or evil, there is no responsibility. But that is not so. It all depends on what we are praying for and why.The adversities of life and weanesses of self are the hurdles we are supposed to overcome. I f we simply ask Him to remove them for us withot us doing anything, it will be like asking our teacher, not to ask any difficult question in the class or solving the problem for us. I am sure our teacher will be willing to guide us if we ask him. We can surely pray for His help but we have to do the action. We can ask for the strength to go thru a difficult or painfull situation. wisdom when confused, guidence to go thru somethig or how to achieve a goal( reasonable) and I am sure we will receive it. You can pray for Nirvashna and depending on the genuinity of your prayer you will know what to do to overcome your lust or He might remove it if the prayer is really a sincere one. Many alcoholics will vouch to this as the they lose their obscession for alcohol thru prayer to the Higher power( The twelve steps of AA). Prayer, for personal spiritual growth, is always answered but not the ones for material. Praying for others help. They are doing some studies where patients immune systems have shown changes when people have prayed for them. Well I don't know if I helped you or not but it helped me to go thru my understanding.May God bless you( and He just might)Anup