IndiaDivine.org

Development on Setting up Hinduism classes in India.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hinduism going from London back to India....

We have received a very encouraging response from

Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Calcutta.

We enclose the email exchange and repeat again that if there are

any other centres keen to start this course then please let us

know we will email the notes and the full syllabus details to you.

We will also talk to the London University Board to make arrangements

for candidates to sit for this examinations in India and other parts of the world.

jay

Vivekananda Centre London

=======email exchange=====

Date : 3 July 2001

To : Jay, Vivekananda Centre London

Dear Jay,

Your email dated 27 June 2001 along with

enclosures was a revelation to me. I could never

dream that such an interesting development has

taken place. Yesterday I had been to Belur Math and

I talked with few senior swamis. I am happy to learn

that you can get some more materials

for us and you would like to share with me the

things you are using for teaching this course.

Kindly see that we get the full detailed syllabus

from the London Board and also the notes you are

using for teaching this course. I wish your

project a grand success.

Yours affectionately,

Swami Prabhananda

=========Enclosure sent by us earlier to the Institute==========

Hinduism Syllabus.

The syllabus covers many of the interestingaspects of Hinduism. What I learnt from Revered SwamiGautamanandaji is that Hinduism is not taught in Indian schools but can easily be taught in schools in England.Our website http://www.hinduism.fsnet.co.uk whichcovers most of the GCSE syllabus is visited daily by about200 children (mainly English children) learning Hinduism!! If what we are doing in UK can be used as a basic formatto encourage teaching/learning/sitting for examinationson Hinduism in other parts of the world -- specially in Indiathen it will be a great boon for our youngsters.The fact that the examinations are set by London Universityand the qualification certificate comes from London - maybe an important ploy in getting this scheme off the ground.This year we have come across many Hindu bodies in otherparts of the world like British Guyana andTrinidad keen to take up this idea and proceed. The course can be taught over one year. (one class of one hourper week is enough). The course starts in September and theexaminations are held in June of each year. The London Board is quite happy for overseas candidates to sit for this examinations at centres approved locally in those countries.I am aware of people in Hong Kong as well as in Dubai studying for and sitting for these examinations. We can ask the London Board to send you full syllabus details,past papers and marking schemes. We at the VivekanandaCentre will be happy to share with you the notes we are using in teaching this course. At the moment we have 8 classesthroughout the UK teaching this course - the number of classescontinue to expand. Please contact me if you need any more information.I am hoping that many more of the Ramakrishna MissionCentres will take up this idea. It will certainly encourage a largernumber of youngsters to study spirituality in a focused manner. jayVivekananda Centre Londonhttp://www.vivekananda.co.uk

Guest guest

- Lelah

Vivekananda Centre

Friday, July 06, 2001 01:08

Re: Development on Setting up Hinduism classes in India.

Hi Jay

Our Swami-in-charge of the Singapore Centre of the Ramakrishna Mission, Swami Muktirupananda is interested in your notes and syllabus on Hinduism and has requested me to write to you on his behalf.

Pls email to me and i will hand it over to him

Thanks

With Pranams

lelah