IndiaDivine.org

Let us do something - who else?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Adhyatmika Ratna, Vedanta Visarada, Sri Yaaga Vidya Praveena

Dr P V Sesha Sai Aswamedhayaaji

www.ashwamedhayaagam.org e mails shodasisai, shodasisai, shodasisai, 3724, Spencer's Street, # 221, TORRANCE CA 90503 USA Phones Land line 310 921 6138, cell 310 293 9066 25th July 2006

My dear friends and like minded persons

Reg: Deserts converted- we can live for hundreds of years – A Fact of the Story.

& Tourism to Cover the Balance of Payments.

Three days ago I had an opportunity of visiting the Hoover Dam in Nevada State and thereafter the Grand Canyon in Arizona State of US. Normally many people visit these two curiously to notice the natural and manmade wonders. I desire to give you a little information about this. The State of Nevada and Arizona and also Utah are more or less deserts of US. They were so till 1925. They were struggling to get a cup of drinking water, but then, now the place is converted into a MONEY TREE giving the best yield in the nature of Revenue Generating activity to the States. It was simply the COMMITMENT of the rulers made all this possible. An unusual Dam was planned on Colorado River – a very huge dam – beyond imagination and now THIS MAN MADE TEMPLE is quenching the thirstiness of a few millions of people. Hydro Electricity generated out of the dam is meeting the needs of nearly seven states. We have deserts in many countries and a huge desert in Rajasthan and no record whatsoever is there where the desert is used for the beneficial purpose of the Society.

The next is the Grand Canyon – a natural wonder of the Globe. Absolutely a Natural Gift to the Country. People go there just to see the changing colors of the area while sun rise and sun set times. Hundreds and thousands of visitors visit the place and thereby create a wonderful employment opportunity to millions either directly or indirectly. The Country just recognized this as a worthy place of Tourist importance and THE REST IS TAKEN CARE BY THE PRIVATE SECTOR FOR BUILDING UP RESORTS AND GUEST HOUSES.

Years ago, if I remember it right, may be around 1980, the News Media of India was kind enough to publish an article of mine "Tourism to cover the balance of payments". This subject is developed when I noticed several deficiencies in the administration and the country continuously falling into the trap of Deficit Balance of Payments. Every small village in India has some way or the other historical importance and good number of Forts and Ancient artistic places. They were simply neglected and I took the liberty of suggesting the Country to improve Tourism so that the country can create wonderful employment opportunities to millions; create an atmosphere of cleanliness of the area; and no need to part with any goods or services. In short, this is the only Industry – a promising Industry where we can keep ourselves comfortable while earning excellent foreign currency which would have covered the adverse balance of payment position existed then.

Any country need to export its own resources to earn foreign currency, whereas in the case of Tourism, no EXPORT IS NECESSARY. This is the least the country can do. But unfortunate it is, we are not that committed as is seen today. Most of the Wonderful Forts are now occupied by unauthorized people and the stones are used in house construction and gradually we are loosing the evidences and wonderful antiques. We do not need to put extra efforts and spend much for constructing beautiful palaces, we need a whole heart to protect the existing one, as is where is in the condition. I WAS MUCH WORRIED ABOUT OUR COUNTRY AS LONG AS I WAS WATCHING THE BEAUTY OF THE NATURAL WONDER/MANMADE WONDER IN US AND WONDERING HOW A CURSE TURNED OUT AS A BOON TO THE PIECE OF THE LAND.

My appeal to the new generation is only that – forgetting to bring political and administrative reforms in the country, let us – each one of us – start the cleaning process – you find lot of dirty things/plastic bags and what not on road sides to any destination, which speaks very very bad of our country and our manners. Let us select a day in a month and start cleaning process to the extent we can spending an hour or so and taking the assistance of at least two persons each, and make a humble beginning. Please remember – all beginnings are small like the seed of an Adyar Tree. This is the least we can do for ourselves, may be our next generation feel happy about this and receive the fruits. Please pass on this message to all your near and dear that every third Sunday of the Month shall henceforth be the "Clean and neat Day". We can do this and we can create an awareness for ourselves and cover the historical mistakes committed by our leaders. We worship Lords in the Temples but seldom keep the temple premises neat and clean; we worship Rivers and seldom keep the atmosphere neat and clean; we find both sides of the roads filled up with dirty bags etc whether it is Ujjain Mahakaal Mandir or it is Shri Krishna Temple in Dwaraka or Mathura. Cleanliness is next to Godliness, let us do something – something really worthy. After all, how long we can continue this LIFE JOURNEY, let us live purposefully and CREATE A WONDERFUL SACRED AND CLEAN LAND FOR OUR FINAL REST.

Truthfully respecting the Lotus Feet of Great Grand Father Shri Krishna Dwipaayan Veda Vyas, The Great Sage Agasya, Holy Maharishi Sandeepani and Vamsa Rishi Gowthama, I take leave of you.

Affly Yours HARA HARA MAHADEVA DR P V SESHA SAI ASWAMEDHAYAAJI