IndiaDivine.org

Need of a Guru etc;.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Gaurav

With due respects, I appreciate your concerns regarding my utter lack of it.

You are 22 years young and I feel very happy for you. Continue asking sincere questions and you will find your way. Throw away all baggage of hearsay and superstition and be rational......we never know when madness will creep in if we start discussing the irrational.

I also like Kabir's Dohas very much. Since you also read Kabir, Here is one I would like to share with you:

Moko Kahan Dhoonde Re( Where do you search me?)

Where do you search me?I am with youNot in pilgrimage, nor in iconsNeither in solitudesNot in temples, nor in mosquesNeither in Kaba nor in KailashI am with you o manI am with youNot in prayers, nor in meditationNeither in fastingNot in yogic exercisesNeither in renunciationNeither in the vital force nor in the body Not even in the ethereal space Neither in the womb of Nature Not in the breath of the breathSeek earnestly and discoverIn but a moment of searchSays Kabir, Listen with careWhere your faith is, I am there.

Love and regards

Sunil

Dear Mr. SunilNice to receive ur reply , its nice that some people are still working orthinking for the betterment of society or for the upliftment of human racebut still I want to say that it may be that you may have much moreexpereience than me as i am still not too old (22yrs) in terms of wordlymatter , but i remember one Saying of Kabir ji , he said to a person namedSarvajeet who came to had a debate on religious matters with Kabir ji , hewas well versed in all Vedas and religious books , he asked Kabirji tohave a debate on vedas , etc (Sashtrath) but Kabirji said Your and mineheart will not become one because you will say what you have read and I willsay what i have seen . So friend its of no use to Just read and haddisscussion about God unless and until you realise him and it is rule ofNature that no one in this world has attained God without A Guru . My workwas just simply to invoke a feeling within you so that that search for godis startrd , friend search for such a master who can practically make yourealise God becoz such a guru is still in this world now also so plz thinkand if you feel then searchbyegauravgaurav_singh12@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~response to~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dear GauravYes! But the most important thing is to be looking for the answers to somesincere questions.Trust life well enough to lead us on the right path( It can be verydifficult sometimes!). All the things will happen in time.Why do we need a guru? Or why do we need a spiritual life(or is a spirituallife to be differentiated from our own normal life). You may want to readsome books on the lives of great saints and wonder in what manner it relatesto your life(if at all). Question everything and sincerely search for theanswers(you will need solitude to pursue these questions). Take nothing forgranted till then.Use thoughts and feelings to look at the answers and see in what manner itrelates to your personal experience.Trust yourself to find whatever you need.All the above I take as advise for myself. Wishing me the very best.Sunil

Dear Sunil, Did you translate that Kabir's Doha? Great job.

Anup

-

Sunil Sudhakar

Ramakrishna

Tuesday, August 20, 2002 1:55 PM

[sri Ramakrishna] Need of a Guru etc;.

Dear Gaurav

With due respects, I appreciate your concerns regarding my utter lack of it.

You are 22 years young and I feel very happy for you. Continue asking sincere questions and you will find your way. Throw away all baggage of hearsay and superstition and be rational......we never know when madness will creep in if we start discussing the irrational.

I also like Kabir's Dohas very much. Since you also read Kabir, Here is one I would like to share with you:

Moko Kahan Dhoonde Re( Where do you search me?)

Where do you search me?I am with youNot in pilgrimage, nor in iconsNeither in solitudesNot in temples, nor in mosquesNeither in Kaba nor in KailashI am with you o manI am with youNot in prayers, nor in meditationNeither in fastingNot in yogic exercisesNeither in renunciationNeither in the vital force nor in the body Not even in the ethereal space Neither in the womb of Nature Not in the breath of the breathSeek earnestly and discoverIn but a moment of searchSays Kabir, Listen with careWhere your faith is, I am there.

Love and regards

Sunil

Dear Mr. SunilNice to receive ur reply , its nice that some people are still working orthinking for the betterment of society or for the upliftment of human racebut still I want to say that it may be that you may have much moreexpereience than me as i am still not too old (22yrs) in terms of wordlymatter , but i remember one Saying of Kabir ji , he said to a person namedSarvajeet who came to had a debate on religious matters with Kabir ji , hewas well versed in all Vedas and religious books , he asked Kabirji tohave a debate on vedas , etc (Sashtrath) but Kabirji said Your and mineheart will not become one because you will say what you have read and I willsay what i have seen . So friend its of no use to Just read and haddisscussion about God unless and until you realise him and it is rule ofNature that no one in this world has attained God without A Guru . My workwas just simply to invoke a feeling within you so that that search for godis startrd , friend search for such a master who can practically make yourealise God becoz such a guru is still in this world now also so plz thinkand if you feel then searchbyegauravgaurav_singh12@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~response to~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dear GauravYes! But the most important thing is to be looking for the answers to somesincere questions.Trust life well enough to lead us on the right path( It can be verydifficult sometimes!). All the things will happen in time.Why do we need a guru? Or why do we need a spiritual life(or is a spirituallife to be differentiated from our own normal life). You may want to readsome books on the lives of great saints and wonder in what manner it relatesto your life(if at all). Question everything and sincerely search for theanswers(you will need solitude to pursue these questions). Take nothing forgranted till then.Use thoughts and feelings to look at the answers and see in what manner itrelates to your personal experience.Trust yourself to find whatever you need.All the above I take as advise for myself. Wishing me the very best.SunilSri Ramakrishnaye NamahVivekananda Centre Londonhttp://www.vivekananda.co.uk